Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭cletus

Yep, the 1.25 zetec was a bit more refined than the endura, less clattery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Not much goes wrong with that engine in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Not much goes wrong with that engine in fairness

You're right.. but the 1.25 zetec was slightly better..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,131 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Did Ford not think their super minis could get past 100k miles or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭cletus

There's a picture on boards here somewhere of me zeroing that odometer :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,423 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

5 digits! I remember from our own :D

@Flazio - I'd be surprised if even 1 in 3 of that generation Fiesta made it to 100k miles before being scrapped...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

If she'd take €500 it could be a good buy *IF* it has air con. Loved my one but a simple, extremely common, issue with the cabin fan made it uneconomical to repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭acronym Chilli

That Saab down to 800 asking now
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/saab-2l-for-sale/13508425

Still no decent pictures

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

Still unrealistic asking price. He should be lucky to get €500.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

Your mad for someone to buy that yoke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

That Saab down to 800 asking now
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/saab-2l-for-sale/13508425

Still no decent pictures

Is that you Celine Beurle :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

I love Saab too but I would not pay 300 for that specific one, " celebrity owner" or not.

JustLen wrote: »
    Your mad for someone to buy that yoke

More interested to see the price converging in real time to the forum's estimate!

Here's an alternative Saab in the rebel county: https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/04-saab-9-5-diesel-estate-nct-03-17-tax-10-16/13587951

2004 95 diesel estate, 2.2l diesel lump, NCT to march and tax until Halloween. Says tyres good and leather seats, but no pic of either. €699. Small dealer/trader selling.

More interested to see the price converging in real time to the forum's estimate!

Why so?

Why so?

'03 Sonata with leather.
    NCT 07/17 with 67k on the clock.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-sonata-gls-nct-till-07-17/13359765

No mention of history but looks tidy in the pics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

Here's an alternative Saab in the rebel county: https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/04-saab-9-5-diesel-estate-nct-03-17-tax-10-16/13587951

2004 95 diesel estate, 2.2l diesel lump, NCT to march and tax until Halloween. Says tyres good and leather seats, but no pic of either. €699. Small dealer/trader selling.

Front looks to have some damage .
    The 2.2 diesel is a bit of a tractor compared to the 1.9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

'03 Sonata with leather.
    NCT 07/17 with 67k on the clock.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-sonata-gls-nct-till-07-17/13359765

No mention of history but looks tidy in the pics

Hahahaha those are the "sexiest" shots I've ever seen of a Sonata. I love it!

ZjNkZmY4NjVhODI4MTQ1ZTEyOWRiMWE4YWY2NzU5YTIWIcyge7LqukqLUXY9zu3baHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MTcwOTg4MHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

MWQzODA1OTQxYWFkMzRiOGVmMGM1ZTQ5YmQ2YzMxNzQt3a_XMJEyhhda5p4RMqJmaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MTcwOTg4M3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Why so?
    Why not!?

• Advertisement

Why so?
    Reasons!?

jharr100 wrote: »
    Front looks to have some damage .
    The 2.2 diesel is a bit of a tractor compared to the 1.9.
    Where do you see the damage? (Not doubting you, just can't see it myself but would want to be able to pick up that sort of thing).

Haven't driven the 2.2 engine, but hear it is as you say: the adjective I've heard used is that it's a bit "agricultural". At the same time, folk say it's rather robust, and once warmed up and in a well constructed/insulated car like the 95 it sounds and goes fine on the motorway.

I'd have discounted it myself formerly, but nowadays I'd certainly look at it as I'm firmly doing diesel miles (in a petrol, fwiw :rolleyes:). It gets a fair discount, from what I see, versus the 1.9 because of tax and because of the 1.9 being by contrast one of the better and more refined diesels of its generation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Where do you see the damage? (Not doubting you, just can't see it myself but would want to be able to pick up that sort of thing).

Haven't driven the 2.2 engine, but hear it is as you say: the adjective I've heard used is that it's a bit "agricultural". At the same time, folk say it's rather robust, and once warmed up and in a well constructed/insulated car like the 95 it sounds and goes fine on the motorway.

I'd have discounted it myself formerly, but nowadays I'd certainly look at it as I'm firmly doing diesel miles (in a petrol, fwiw :rolleyes:). It gets a fair discount, from what I see, versus the 1.9 because of tax and because of the 1.9 being by contrast one of the better and more refined diesels of its generation.

I got to drive a 2.2, in a word, horrid. Noisy, gutless and no sign any sound insulation even under mild acceleration. Test drive one first, especially when cold before committing I found it very tiresome after a few miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,423 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I'm firmly doing diesel miles (in a petrol, fwiw :rolleyes:)

Fair play to ya. At least you're not in the large majority of Irish sheep who do the opposite...

unkel wrote: »
    Fair play to ya. At least you're not in the large majority of Irish sheep who do the opposite...
    Yeah, well sort of got caught: changed car nearly a year ago (bangernomics) then job changed and mileage went up. But it's not actually died on me yet, so hard to justify changing it as bad and all as the fuel costs are, the saving could be wiped out pretty quickly if the new wagon quickly crapped it's dpf/dmf/injectors/etc., or by depreciation.

Anyway... back to topic... punto-nomics
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/new-nct/13510446
    Very clean looking (to my eyes at least). €1250 2004 Punto, 1.2l engine, NCT to next May, 75k miles apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jcon1913

I got a lift in one (taxi) a few years ago. I was in the car for about 20 mins. It never really warmed up inthat it was loud and tractory right to the end. If you are not worried about that it was a great bus according to the driver, who is a bit of a Saab nut.

jcon1913 wrote: »
    I got a lift in one (taxi) a few years ago. I was in the car for about 20 mins. It never really warmed up inthat it was loud and tractory right to the end. If you are not worried about that it was a great bus according to the driver, who is a bit of a Saab nut.
    I'm curious now. I'll have to test drive one to find out, or watch for one on the taxi rank!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

Sorry.
    Maybe it's the front left fog I'm looking at or some mud . But there looks to be a nasty scuff .
    Nothing much to worry about at this end of the market but the fact it would rattle your teeth out is what would put me off!

jharr100 wrote: »
    Sorry.
    Maybe it's the front left fog I'm looking at or some mud . But there looks to be a nasty scuff .
    Nothing much to worry about at this end of the market but the fact it would rattle your teeth out is what would put me off!
    ah, all clear. I can see what you're referring to. I thought at first that you could see the chassis not straight or welding or something serious! I generally doubt myself looking for damage/problems on cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement