Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

bilbot79 wrote: »
    They didn't say, they just quoted that. Take for the feedback, might need to sort it myself after all.

The boot not opening would be a pretty large pain in the hole, especially if one got a puncture.

Stick the 4th hubcap on it, fix the boot and you shouldnt be stuck with it for too long.

We've had one since 06 here and it's been very reliable and all the electrics still work, the ecu went in it too actually - was due to a poorly aligned seal pouring water onto the ecu and eventually ruining it. And the glove box handle broke but that happens in most of them, I just put magnets on it in the end. Other than that it's just used consumables, and at a pretty low rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,423 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Have decided to sell my '04 E60 BMW 520i 2.2l petrol auto. Car is in very good condition and taxed until the end of November, NCT until April 2017. Price is €2,600 - no offers. Any question, just ask (PM me)

Price is outside of bangernomics budget, so my apologies, but I thought some people in here would be interested if I mentioned this...

Picture taken a couple of days ago:

IMG_20161017_113052.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Cheensbo wrote: »
    The boot not opening would be a pretty large pain in the hole, especially if one got a puncture.

Stick the 4th hubcap on it, fix the boot and you shouldnt be stuck with it for too long.

We've had one since 06 here and it's been very reliable and all the electrics still work, the ecu went in it too actually - was due to a poorly aligned seal pouring water onto the ecu and eventually ruining it. And the glove box handle broke but that happens in most of them, I just put magnets on it in the end. Other than that it's just used consumables, and at a pretty low rate.

Thanks. Would I get a hubcap in say, halfords? That glove box thing happened too! I forgot to mention it. I think you're right about the boot, it's a real turn off.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,085 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 36,085 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭visual

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Cheensbo wrote: »
    Sounds like a decent runner - why not just tell us it's your own...

It's my own! I need to sell and just want to gauge reaction to it. Might just sell into the trade if no interest, I'd say they wouldn't give me much though

No one in their right mind will want a doggy French car with bad electrics. Your not going to get any offers near asking price especially as you don't want to sink any money it's a sign of money pit.
    Get the boot fixed do up the car so everything works gives impression of loved car. Then cheap price for 2006 with rip in seat will be over looked. PS trade won't want your car unless your trading up even so you'll get little from them.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

That C4 with a ripped/worn out seat.
    No idea what a proper seat from the breakers would cost but i know i would never spend any way near 1800 on a car with a seat like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

unkel wrote: »
    Have decided to sell my '04 E60 BMW 520i 2.2l petrol auto. Car is in very good condition and taxed until the end of November, NCT until April 2017. Price is €2,600 - no offers. Any question, just ask (PM me)

Price is outside of bangernomics budget, so my apologies, but I thought some people in here would be interested if I mentioned this...

Picture taken a couple of days ago:

https://s9.postimg.org/xu5j3i2ov/IMG_20161017_113052.jpg

I'm not an expert on BMWs but that looks like an SE not an Msport?

As Msports are now asking about 2300 I think you're very strong on the price. Best of luck though and as I've told people before you can only get a high number if you ask for it and you can always reduce the price later.

Yes it is an SE. And yes, you can buy E60s with NCT for about €2k now. See my own post about E60s in this thread a few days ago.

I did some research on donedeal. There are about 15 or 20 520i E60 automatics on there below €3k with a current NCT

Mine was well priced compared to most of them and that is not even taking into account it has low mileage (most are higher). Leather (some don't), PDC front and back (plenty of them don't have this), the E60 doesn't come standard with a spare wheel, mine does, a full size 17" alloy identical to the other 4

Also my car was just serviced, has 4 premium tyres (Pirelli and Michelin) and it is taxed until the end of next month. No other car was taxed at all if I remember right. Also my car has a longer NCT than most

And I very, very much doubt that any of the other cars had its automatic gearbox serviced. Mine has, 20k miles ago

I'm probably forgetting a few things here. But believe me, my car is priced very well!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1994-rover-214si/13749137

N2VhYjIzNGU4YjA3N2ZiNGZlMDg5YjZmOTViMzNjZjZ83K89olJMCO1OJvCFePEIaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182Mzg4OTg5OHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Say what you want, but its NCT'd to 2/17 and taxed till the end of 5/17 for €800..and just look at those seat covers :pac: I'd be taking my chances w a hard offer of €500 on this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

that rover is brilliant!. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    I'm not an expert on BMWs but that looks like an SE not an Msport?

As Msports are now asking about 2300 I think you're very strong on the price. Best of luck though and as I've told people before you can only get a high number if you ask for it and you can always reduce the price later.

Cheapest 520i Msport on Donedeal is €3200 and the ad states that it needs work :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Puntonomics:

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/fiat-punto-1-2-facelift-model-new-nct-and-tax/13715605

NCT November 2017 and taxed till the end of the year.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/very-nice-punto-1-2-2004-very-low-mileage/13751281

NCT March 2017 but 5 door and with a sunroof.. no mention of tax but it looks fairly well kept

And my pick of the bunch:

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/fiat-punto-1-2-53000-km-mint/13743173

NCT July 2017 and taxed until March 2017, mentions a service book so maybe it has history stamped.
    Small dent and timing belt may need to be done but seems very good value to me.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-fiesta-1-2-petrol-nct-06-17-tax-12-16/13719754

ZjBmZGZkYTQ3YzNiZDc0NjEyOGViYjU4ZDAwYTkyZTA9gwzd5FthdP62BnoKUH7GaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MzczMzAxNXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

I can imagine this being a bit of a horror underneath, rust-wise but its legitly NCT'd to 6/17 and taxed to 12/16 for €299. Couldn't go wrong

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/rover-75-1-8-conn-se/13753818

ZWZlM2VlOTcxZjUwMDExNTY3MDk5NDJmMzI1ZDllMDA3YGPDvUEuMpcNDofMY0iaaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MzkxMjk0M3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

I like this. 06 75 1.8 with 87k miles, NCT to 7/17 and leather/sunroof etc for €999.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-fiesta-1-2-petrol-nct-06-17-tax-12-16/13719754

I can imagine this being a bit of a horror underneath, rust-wise but its legitly NCT'd to 6/17 and taxed to 12/16 for €299. Couldn't go wrong

Must have been sitting up a long time, judging by the paint work. But that is feck all mileage for €300!

If I remember right, that Rover 75 came with the uprated head gasket kit, meaning HGF is not likely. As the rest of the car is very reliable, that would make for a very comfortable family cruiser for very little money. Good spec too.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-sunny-sports/13748932

NjdkYzMzZDU5NWViMDVlZGQyNmVmNTE1MGVhNzM1ODUqXj1QySWqBZzXXcrMR2PraHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182Mzg4ODA1OXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Nissan Sunny "sport" with NCT and tax to 4/17 for €500. I certainly would

He'll probably take €350 for it, so with the more than 5 months tax essentially another free car

Last of the generation of indestructible Nissans. My sister had one of these for many years, the thing just refused to die or even become uneconomical to repair.

• Advertisement

Only thing you'd have to watch for would be rust. They're a grand car otherwise and the hatchback is somewhat of a looker, compared to the saloon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

Anyone estimate a sale price on a 05 volvo s40 1.8 petrol with a new approx 12 month nct in very good condition?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Last of the generation of indestructible Nissans....

I'd argue that the N15 Almera has that title, but both were prone to rust, had 3 of them though and not as bad as people would think all the same, UK ones were, or are usually rotten by now, a lot of good GTI's lost that way.

nd wrote: »
    Anyone estimate a sale price on a 05 volvo s40 1.8 petrol with a new approx 12 month nct in very good condition?

Here's a nice clean '06, new test, asking €1,450

Linky

So I guess start asking a bit under that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Here's a nice clean '06, new test, asking €1,450

Linky

So I guess start asking a bit under that

Great car for little money

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

racso1975 wrote: »

Anyone have any opinions on these? Is the 1.4 very under powered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭visual

Yes it is an SE. And yes, you can buy E60s with NCT for about 2k now. See my own post about E60s in this thread a few days ago.

I did some research on donedeal. There are about 15 or 20 520i E60 automatics on there below 3k with a current NCT

Mine was well priced compared to most of them and that is not even taking into account it has low mileage (most are higher). Leather (some don't), PDC front and back (plenty of them don't have this), the E60 doesn't come standard with a spare wheel, mine does, a full size 17" alloy identical to the other 4

Also my car was just serviced, has 4 premium tyres (Pirelli and Michelin) and it is taxed until the end of next month. No other car was taxed at all if I remember right. Also my car has a longer NCT than most

And I very, very much doubt that any of the other cars had its automatic gearbox serviced. Mine has, 20k miles ago

I'm probably forgetting a few things here. But believe me, my car is priced very well!

you posted it here so suck it up and sell it for 2k it be a great buy for someone most likely from here.

I can do a very nice, very clean '03 Jaguar S-type, recently NCTd, for €2k

But I'd rather keep that for myself and sell the E60...

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

ZTY4M2ExNmMxYjFkYzk1ZGMxOGEzM2RiMzUwOGUxM2N3ygXw2rer9hn4WxiKPYwZaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MzkzMDAwMHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2004-saab-9-5-vector-2-0-lpt-low-mileage/13756621

My car - 2004 Saab 9-5 2.0lpt Vector spec. Low miles (84k). I'm the second owner.
    Any feedback on ad or pricing welcome.

• Advertisement

Decent car, good honest ad. Price is spot on. Buyers market and all that, but I would hold on to get close to it. FWIW, if I were in the market for one for myself, I would be calling you to see your car. To anyone else on here who isn't aware: the common oil slush problem that the 9-5 can suffer from was fixed by the time this car was made, so it is not an issue.

It's still taxed, isn't it? Might as well mention that in your ad. It will make no difference to the new owner, but it says something about the current owner imho...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement