Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I'd try and get rid of the red stain on the back seat. Price wise I think it's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Oh jaysus I'm tempted!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

^ I did! - it actually looks a lot worse in the photo than in reality.

It's still taxed, isn't it? Might as well mention that in your ad. It will make no difference to the new owner, but it says something about the current owner imho...

Actually taxed to end of September. I hadn't renewed because I had accepted a lowball offer from someone in the trade a couple of weeks ago. That deal got a bit messy but he's just come back to me to say he'll take it next Tue which of course is another month. So if I get a decent offer before then I'll tax it for the three months until end of Dec 16 and take the hit.

Do those bad boys have cruise control?

• Advertisement

^ yes - good point, will amend ad to include that.

Furzy wrote: »
    ^ yes - good point, will amend ad to include that.

Yeah the combination of automatic + cruise control is something I'm always interested in anyway, probably wouldn't hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/alfa-romeo-166-nct-2018full-option-sale-or-swap/13719436

NjBmYzZhYWUyYWU3MjFhMjA5MGU1M2NiMWE1NjQxOGMOpSuf9mWKIzM7yZstqBbIaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MzczMDg5Nnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

I think if i was going for one of these i'd be inclined to go for a V6, but nevertheless with NCT to 1/18 for €1500 this could be a nice buy.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2001-volvo-v70-2-0t/13761115?campaign=3

OGI2YmVmNWQxYjUwOGIxYTQ1ZWU3ZTVhYTYxZmQzZGZVP93vOiCMopdF9MEjolAXaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182Mzk1MzcyOXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

NCT to 6/17 for €399! Bargain load lugger here for someone

There just has to be something wrong with that volvo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

bear1 wrote: »

A near rat-infested interior is about as bad as ive seen them. Tired ones can look incredibly shabby in the flesh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

No mileage in the Ad, that interior looks as rough as a bears hole:mad: Edit, 176,200 miles on the nct disc.

jca wrote: »
    No mileage in the Ad, that interior looks as rough as a bears hole:mad: Edit, 176,200 miles on the nct disc.

There' **** all wrong with my hole dear sir!

There' **** all wrong with my hole dear sir!

Sorry about that:D

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭crazyjim

Man I love the styling of that Alfa
    The photo with Please Wait on the display is funny

Please Wait at the side of the road. The tow truck will be along shortly

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/saab-95-nct-2-17-auto/13399633

YmM1Y2ViYTExNzc2ZDkzMGJhODEzYTYwZDE4ZjA0Y2RwI3wwql18i1CsRRoMxjqNaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MTkyMzAyMXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Tidy looking 1 owner 9-5 auto with NCT to 2/17 for €350

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

What great value for that saab. I wonder is the sludge issue getting the better of it, or, is it just a cheap saab?
    Still, €350 for a NCT'd car till February next? It it literally kept running 'till then - happy days.
    I'll nearly spend that this weekend on Guinness, Jazz, Petrol, food and did I mention Guinness?

Tidy looking 1 owner 9-5 auto with NCT to 2/17 for €350

Ah come on now - we don't need any more 9-5s here :eek:
    ..... though I'd be having a look at that myself if I wasn't selling one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

That civic is class.

2.2 tax though... Is absolutely scandelous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

2.2 tax though... Is absolutely scandelous.
    and therein lies the problem ....fcukin stupid tax system

• Registered Users Posts: 65,423 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Yeah it is ridiculous, poor people driving tiny old cars once a week pay more tax than rich folk driving their brand new cars all day long.

That said, because of the completely unfair system, and the Irish genetic aversion to tax, higher tax cars are extremely cheap to buy. Say no more, but I ain't complaining too much. I spend my time owning and buying superior cars that cost more than houses when they were new but cost very little now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

unkel wrote: »
    Yeah it is ridiculous, poor people driving tiny old cars once a week pay more tax than rich folk driving their brand new cars all day long.

That said, because of the completely unfair system, and the Irish genetic aversion to tax, higher tax cars are extremely cheap to buy. Say no more, but I ain't complaining too much. I spend my time owning and buying superior cars that cost more than houses when they were new but cost very little now :D

I still hated giving the government more money.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,957 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Blazer wrote: »
    I still hated giving the government more money.
    Would you prefer to give the government more money or garage owners more money?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Quazzie wrote: »
    Would you prefer to give the government more money or garage owners more money?

You know I can't honestly decide, well actually I did, I went from paying €1494 for my e60 525d to paying €570 for my f10 525d and I don't regret it a bit.

Blazer wrote: »
    You know I can't honestly decide, well actually I did, I went from paying €1494 for my e60 525d to paying €570 for my f10 525d and I don't regret it a bit.

Did the cost to change make economic sense? Not so much now as 2008 is becoming more easy to afford but I did meet people who spent in excess of 5K to save 500 per year in tax only to change the cheap tax car after 2-3 years. Only in Ireland...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

jca wrote: »
    Did the cost to change make economic sense? Not so much now as 2008 is becoming more easy to afford but I did meet people who spent in excess of 5K to save 500 per year in tax only to change the cheap tax car after 2-3 years. Only in Ireland...

I used to think the same , in fact my first 2 BMWs were 07 as there was a huge gap between them and 0& prices plus the amount of 3l BMW post 08 are rare.
    It definitely cost me over 5k to upgrade but I'd be saving 1k a year on tax. Plus as much as I hate to say the f10 is a better car to drive purely for the auto box. The e60 had a great auto box but the 8 speed one in the f10 blows it away I think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement