Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Blazer wrote: »
    I used to think the same , in fact my first 2 BMWs were 07 as there was a huge gap between them and 0& prices plus the amount of 3l BMW post 08 are rare.
    It definitely cost me over 5k to upgrade but I'd be saving 1k a year on tax. Plus as much as I hate to say the f10 is a better car to drive purely for the auto box. The e60 had a great auto box but the 8 speed one in the f10 blows it away I think.

That's it, at least you're moving to a nicer car. I saw people doing it with octavias which made absolutely no sense at all, especially if they changed from the 1.9 to the gutless 1.6 to find out you needed to send a telegram to the engine when you were changing lanes...

• Registered Users Posts: 65,423 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

davycc wrote: »

How the hell is your car not sold yet davy? :(

4WD coming up to winter, reliable and tested. And according to our local boards meteorologist (who is damn good) we are in for a very cold spell with snow & ice before the new year.

If I lived anywhere near a hill, I'd buy your car just in case. I mean for €299?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

unkel wrote: »
    How the hell is your car not sold yet davy? :(

4WD coming up to winter, reliable and tested. And according to our local boards meteorologist (who is damn good) we are in for a very cold spell with snow & ice before the new year.

If I lived anywhere near a hill, I'd buy your car just in case. I mean for €299?

Insurance loading for a 17year old car I'd presume

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭blackbox

davycc wrote: »

Looks like a bargain. (hard to resist at that price)

When I do a search for AWD or 4WD it doesn't show up. I suggest you try including these somewhere in the wording.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

unkel wrote: »
    Yeah it is ridiculous, poor people driving tiny old cars once a week pay more tax than rich folk driving their brand new cars all day long.

That said, because of the completely unfair system, and the Irish genetic aversion to tax, higher tax cars are extremely cheap to buy. Say no more, but I ain't complaining too much. I spend my time owning and buying superior cars that cost more than houses when they were new but cost very little now :D

Ssshhh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

blackbox wrote: »
    Looks like a bargain. (hard to resist at that price)

When I do a search for AWD or 4WD it doesn't show up. I suggest you try including these somewhere in the wording.

Thanks I never thought of adding those key words! Added them last night and got a couple of calls since, finger crossed it goes today or tomorrow.

Finally sold my bloody jeep just on its way to a new life in hilly dunlavin co Wicklow. Cheerio , now onto the mr2

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Someone got a bargain with that Davy.

Someone got a bargain with that Davy.

For sure I'm a little bit sad to see it go but needs must and all that , onwards and upwards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

^^^ Really like the Volvo and probably a safe enough bet with the 1.9 diesel engine which I believe is a VW unit?

Looks in reasonable order in so far as one can tell from the snaps but sinful that there is no mention of mileage; when its tested until or a number plate showing - all this gives me the impression of a seller who is economical with the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Probably high mileage alright looking at the seat. Seller is probably afraid to say mileage given peoples attitude to high mileage v well serviced car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,888 ✭✭✭Soarer

Assume that Civic is an import with the high reg?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

The 2.2 tax is really killing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

The 2.2 tax is really killing them.

Heres a real tax bill for ya...though it is taxed till feb next year

ZDBjNjg1MWZhOTQyZjgwYWY1YjRhOTc3OTJmN2RjNmW6Yu5FhSoMscXNUoOngdo0aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MDY0OTEwMHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-rx-rx-300-luxury/13159678

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

^^^ Really like the Volvo and probably a safe enough bet with the 1.9 diesel engine which I believe is a VW unit?

Looks in reasonable order in so far as one can tell from the snaps but sinful that there is no mention of mileage; when its tested until or a number plate showing - all this gives me the impression of a seller who is economical with the truth.

Renault 1.9 I believe .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

jharr100 wrote: »
    Renault 1.9 I believe .

Ah in that case I'd be inclined to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

Ah in that case I'd be inclined to avoid.

I had one in a v40 , was very reliable and reasonably frugal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭selectamatic

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-3-series-318-high-spec-nct/12784986

Yj_Bi_Nj_E3_Yz_U2_ZWI3_Mj_Jl_N2_Zl_NDJi_M2_Vm_YTk2_Zm_Fi_OWV1_Wrgr.jpg

Yz_Ix_M2_Y2_ODRk_NGYz_Mzkz_OGZl_Zj_Jl_OGM2_YTcy_OWRj_M2_Ljv_ZG.jpg

Rather clean looking Facelift e46 318i msport
    140bhp 16v 1995cc engine much better then the slow 8v lump that went before it and much less prone to HG failure.
    Supposedly 130k miles
    Tested till feb17
    And being sold by a dealer so some sort of comeback if its a lemon.
    Asking €850

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

Long NCT and taxed?

jelutong wrote: »
    Long NCT and taxed?

It's tested for 3 and a half months and virtually Depreciation proof in fact provided it's 100% mechanically a person could nearly make money on it next spring with a fresh test. Not many clean facelift msport e46's knocking about for less than 1k
    No tax but that's not a bangernomics requirement (I actually think it should be)

Plenty of other cars in this thread that are even less suited to bangernomics yet you've no issue with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,084 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-3-series-318-high-spec-nct/12784986

Rather clean looking Facelift e46 318i msport
    140bhp 16v 1995cc engine much better then the slow 8v lump that went before it and much less prone to HG failure.
    Supposedly 130k miles
    Tested till feb17
    And being sold by a dealer so some sort of comeback if its a lemon.
    Asking 850
    Thats great value, provided the car is mechanically sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,084 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

The N42 unit in that e46 is honestly the most troublesome motor I've ever owned. Grand if not a lemon though..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

That e46 is worth more in parts...if you had the time and space.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

That e46 is worth more in parts...if you had the time and space.

99.731% of bangers are worth more in parts...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

grogi wrote: »
    99.731% of bangers are worth more in parts...

Agreed. The bumpers and fogs alone on that would get 300...

• Advertisement

The N42 unit in that e46 is honestly the most troublesome motor I've ever owned. Grand if not a lemon though..

They can be troublesome alright still a dam sight better than the m43 that was in the prefacelifts in both performance and reliability.

Bmw's 4 cylinder petrol engines of that era were a poor follow up to the very good m42b18 found in early e36 318is

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement