Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

MGE3_ZDU2_MGFi_ZTZk_NTMy_N2_Nk_OWI3_Nj_A4_ZTFh_Yzk5_MGMf_D_zd.jpg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/rover-75-2-0-diesel-automatic/14136589

Automatic diesel rover 75
    Test till 8/17
    Tax till 2/17
    Looks presentable
    Asking €750
    Being sold by a dealer.
    insurance is the bogey here

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

no need to go old on the rover to get a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yes but auto diesel is the only way to go on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,420 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Bermuda triangle alert!

Lotta car for the money. And a nice car the R75 is too. Very, very comfy. Am I the only one in here tempted to buy it? :)

They got the dates wrong though. Tax is out end of this month, but NCT valid until 05/11/2017

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

@ unkel - you had a 75 previously iirc, was it also a diesel auto (BMW diesel engine in these?)
    I know its cheap as chips, and in the Triangle, but whats with the scuffs on the headlining/sunroof in the last pic?

• Advertisement

Aye. It was a 1.8 K-series petrol manual though. Got it when it was 5 years old, very cheaply. With massive main dealer service history with huge bills incl. timing belt and HG done. Never even bothered changing the timing belt during my ownership. Ran it on a near zero maintenance budget (changed oil + filter myself) when the recession hit and had it in the dealer for maintenance just the once for an airbag light failure (under seat connection), which cost €88

Owned it for 5 years without trouble. Dumped it when it was an economical write-off. Then bought my first bangernomics car. A lovely low mileage great condition only 10 year old almost as good as new Saab 9-5 for €1,350

I've enjoyed bangernomics cars and this thread ever since :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Mini850

If the seller ( who appears to fix up alfas) is honest, then this is a very sensible 156 for small money. Loads of work done, long NCT, low mileage and reasonable 1.6 tax, coupled with presentable body work make it a prime example.

YTFkYjVlOGM4MjZlZmU3Y2ZkZWVkMjg0NzI1MmFkMjSZcFeQui-YjWTsIR3hTugSaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182NTY2MzAzM3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Wish it had nicer wheels and interior.............id be interested. The red 147 earlier in the tread was gone when I went to go see,

Mini850 wrote: »
    Wish it had nicer wheels

Woot? Teledials are sweet wheels!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Yes but auto diesel is the only way to go on them.

I've put a few 1.8 k series through my hands. People tend to give them away yet if you present them right with test, there is a buyer for them at a sensible price.
    9 times out of 10, the people calling about them are people who had one previously and we're looking to get hold of a good one again.
    I quite like them tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

unkel wrote: »
    Well....

I couldn't :o

I haven't the foggiest about wheels at all, names, styles, OEM, genuine or replica. I've not a lot of interest in wheels. I can just about manage to see the difference between an alloy and a steelie and I can roughly guess the size from looking at pictures. That's about it :p

Those wheels look exactly the same as the ones I had on my TT though and others (who do know) told me they were genuine BBS wheels and told me what they're worth

Ah ya, I'd be much the same..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Mini850 wrote: »
    Wish it had nicer wheels and interior.............id be interested. The red 147 earlier in the tread was gone when I went to go see,

They're the wrong wheels for it anyway. Teledials weren't available on the facelift model iirc.

I had an 03 sportivo semi-facelift with those wheels and the updated dash. Still the best looking car I've ever owned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

http://www.thecarexpert.co.uk/most-reliable-engines/

This is a couple of years old but very relevant in the bangernomics end of the market in my opinion.

Anyone else not surprised by Audi / VW poor results ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

jharr100 wrote: »

Anyone else not surprised by Audi / VW poor results ?

Not at all. ;)

Poor MG/Rover. One poor design choice that was propagated through an entire car company and killed them. Shame.

Good result from Fiat. If they could get past spaghetti electrics they can make good cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Beautiful car but the doors look to be different colour to rest of body?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

wexfjord wrote: »
    Beautiful car but the doors look to be different colour to rest of body?

Would think that's just the reflection of the corner of the building on the rear quarter.

Also, the advert states its an M-Sport.....which it isn't. Besides that, looks a clean example and I really like the Imola red on them.

Nah the colours are off alright. Not the biggest deal on an older car.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Nah the colours are off alright. Not the biggest deal on an older car.

Yeah sorry, had only looked at the picture in the post. The Donedeal pic's look like the shades are different in a couple of them.

Also, the advert states its an M-Sport.....which it isn't.

Not an M-Sport, but it probably does have the factory Sport Suspension. Which is the important bit. The rest is essentially just fancier seats and some badges...

Not an M-Sport, but it probably does have the factory Sport Suspension. Which is the important bit. The rest is essentially just fancier seats and some badges...

Probably an SE. Have an M-Sport coupe myself. Front and rear bumper and skirts different also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,081 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Drivers side window stuck. Not great even if you don't smoke :D

Will fail NCT on this. Cheap. But no thanks.

It's manual Windows, should be handy enough to fix surely.
    Hard to believe that model came out nearly 24 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,956 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Drivers side window stuck. Not great even if you don't smoke :D

Will fail NCT on this. Cheap. But no thanks.

Nct failure as it's the drivers sidsidee.

Also smoking a car is disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Mini850

Woot? Teledials are sweet wheels!

I agree......................Just not on that car. They look well on the pre facelift model..............they just look old on the new shape car......were they even spec'ed with those in 05???

TI alloys on that car would be the job.

I'm still sickened about that red 147...........it really was the car I was after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

Would think that's just the reflection of the corner of the building on the rear quarter.

Also, the advert states its an M-Sport.....which it isn't. Besides that, looks a clean example and I really like the Imola red on them.

It's not Imola Red it's Japan Red :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Strange one for ye lads, not sure whether to post here or start a new thread. I need something for my driveway to make it look like someone's home all the time. It can be a non runner, tax or nct not needed bit preferred to get it home. It's gotta look like it's in daily use, so 03 up please.. I'm thinking a barge of some sort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement