Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,404 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Are those miles or kms? Listen carefully for a rattly chain! If the car checks out, NCT it next year and you'll get well more than your money back by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

unkel wrote: »
    Are those miles or kms? Listen carefully for a rattly chain! If the car checks out, NCT it next year and you'll get well more than your money back by then.

at the same time, in the insurance thread, one fella there with a 99 micra in decent nick can't get 800 out of it, reckons the biggest killer is that the market for these micras is mostly first time drivers and people without too much disposable, but now the over 15 insurance rule is making the cars uneconomical.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/00-ford-puma-1-4-nct-9-16-very-clean/10691619

i know it's just a fiesta in a fancy dress but a nice bit of tax and test on it, could be a bit of fun.

the market for these micras is mostly first time drivers

They seem to be very popular cars with Asian and African immigrants from what I observe. And fair play to hem for copping on it's probably the only sub €500 5 person car that you can buy that has the lowest possible tax, insurance and fuel consumption and that can also be run on a near zero maintenance budget

That said, I'd much rather drive that Puma myself too :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I really do not get this "can't insure anything over 15" malarkey

Presently I am insured on an 18 and 21 year old car

people aren't making it up. it's not impossible at present, it's just becoming increasingly difficult and increasingly expensive to do so.

did you take out new policies on those cars or renew with your old insurer/ switch cars mid way through an existing policy?

• Advertisement

Sorry, malarkey was the wrong word there..I know its definitely a thing here, I'm just yet to experience it!

I took out a new policy insuring the 19 which is 21 years old, they spouted a load of crap and said something like "its three categories off a Porsche, you know" but once I showed them that it had NCT they were okay with insuring it

but that's just ****ing painful. a renault 19 wouldn't pull your pants down, how someone can find a way to aliken it in any sense to any kind of porsche just goes to show how the insurers know very little about what they are insuring.

i think it's why young lads think TDi products are fast cars, it's because the insurance company told them, "oh jaysus, 105 bhp red-i that's over the crucial 100bhp threshold", that's a performance car and needs a second brake pedal installed for the passenger side.

yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Stolen from the dreamers thread, I think this is great bangernomics
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-civic-eg/10225052?offset=5

Anyone who would pay that kind of money for a 94 would need their head examined.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Anyone who would pay that kind of money for a 94 would need their head examined.:o

Not really. Age is only one factor. If it was a 94 eg6 with the sweet dohc vtec engine it would be very cheap at that money.

That car is only the 1.3 version which is the lowest power version and it has a carburetor rather the fuel injection. They are still a very nice car. if you are a fan of old jap cars one of these would be high on the list. I think that car is overpriced though but not by a massive margin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I test drove that in 2008 when the original owner traded it in to Toyota Blackrock at similar mileage. It's when the 10 service stamps stopped.........

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

unkel wrote: »
    They seem to be very popular cars with Asian and African immigrants from what I observe. And fair play to hem for copping on it's probably the only sub €500 5 person car that you can buy that has the lowest possible tax, insurance and fuel consumption and that can also be run on a near zero maintenance budget

That said, I'd much rather drive that Puma myself too :cool:

Generally speaking they'll go for automatic micras or marchs.

ba_barabus wrote: »
    I test drove that in 2008 when the original owner traded it in to Toyota Blackrock at similar mileage. It's when the 10 service stamps stopped.........

How did you find the auto box?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Lazybones

ba_barabus wrote: »

Hi BA, do you reckon it's still genuine mileage? .... the advertiser claims it has been in one family ownership since new.

Motortax.ie says that the car was purchased by a dealer on 21/10/2015

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/10757238

Every time I see a TT i'm a little bit sad I didn't go for one over the Celica.

This looks great, leather, Bose, twin exhausts which means the 225bhp model iirc. Test isn't huge but a claimed low mileage and fsh, looks very tidy and unabused.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/10757238

Every time I see a TT i'm a little bit sad I didn't go for one over the Celica.

This looks great, leather, Bose, twin exhausts which means the 225bhp model iirc. Test isn't huge but a claimed low mileage and fsh, looks very tidy and unabused.

Passed the test not that long ago though, so I'd be hopeful it'd sail it in February.

It would have to be silver, wouldn't it. I just don't like silver cars.

I don't hate it in silver, but like yourself i'm not usually a fan of it. Silver is the colour people pick when they have no opinion on colour or can't decide and want to play it mega safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭acronym Chilli

I don't hate it in silver, but like yourself i'm not usually a fan of it. Silver is the colour people pick when they have no opinion on colour or can't decide and want to play it mega safe.
    Could always put a matt black wrap on it :pac::pac:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

48339592.jpeg

2 owners from new

NCT 03-16

TAX 04-16

Dealer

€ 1,750

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/avensis-2-owners-nct-tax/10751863

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

€2000, NCT 04/16. Nice old school motoring.

Getting pricey these, this one seems to have a bit of work done on it. Starting to keep their price, nice ones are going up in value.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/classic-1996-bmw-e34-525i-auto-for-sale/9777380?offset=18

43410383.jpeg

My E34 530i V8 had the exact same interior!

Haven't had a car quite like it since :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

I would drive this anyway. Looks very clean to me.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/austin-allegro/9506705?offset=11

43173171.jpeg

Ded_Zebra wrote: »

I'm not sure it matters much but the windscreen is cracked. Would it be easy to pick one up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    I'm not sure it matters much but the windscreen is cracked. Would it be easy to pick one up?

Hadn't seen that somehow. To drive it I think it would need to be sorted alright. Can't imagine it's that hard to get a windscreen? Might cost a bit though if you can't get your insurance to cover it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

Now if this isn't cool bangernomics I don't know what is!

(Careful. You risk being very uncool by suggesting this isn't the muts nuts)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/10416817

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

Luxobarge or bangernomics! You decide.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/10657709

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭visual

Classic vintage cars this way >>>>>>>>>>>>

Hadn't seen that somehow. To drive it I think it would need to be sorted alright. Can't imagine it's that hard to get a windscreen? Might cost a bit though if you can't get your insurance to cover it.

Im not sure tbh. These have hydragas suspension too which is great for comfort but I'm not sure how easy it is to put right when problems arise. It looks like a clean car though.

• Advertisement

My MGF has hydragas suspension too. From what I've read it's a very reliable setup. I did have the system pumped up by the main (former) Rover dealer when I got the car though 18 months ago. That cost the almighty sum of €48 incl VAT :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement