Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

colm_mcm wrote: »
    A2s are very cool.

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,416 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Ha ha, we'll agree to disagree here. I wouldn't like it myself, bit of a Noddy car, but quite cool too :p

Well built, far too expensive when new, and for most of its life, but now bangernomics with the rest of them. Aluminium body and exceptionally good coefficient of drag. Should be very cheap to own and run.

DL reg and suspiciously low mileage combined with a short NCT and the car seems too cheap => eyes very wide open

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

I like the Subaru Impreza. If I did change my mine and get a car it would be similar to the above. Is 1494 really that expensive for an 05 Scooby?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I'm not a big engine snob, but I couldn't drive a kitted 1.6 impreza, there's no excuse at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭selectamatic

The 1.6 is terrible too it's pretty reliable and has a boxer burble but it's poor on fuel and desperately lethargic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

I'm not a big engine snob, but I couldn't drive a kitted 1.6 impreza, there's no excuse at all.

I'm looking at it like, anything is probably faster than a 1l Yaris point of view. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Lazybones

racso1975 wrote: »
    wouldn't go near the seller.

Hi Rasco,

Which Seller are you talking about - is it the Punto seller?
    Had been looking at a few of his ads on Donedeal - he seem to have nice stock.

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

You'd be surprised!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

You'd be surprised!

Ahh they are faster than a 1liter yaris alright. They are about on par with an average 1.4 car but without the economy or the cheaper tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

unkel wrote: »
    Ha ha, we'll agree to disagree here. I wouldn't like it myself, bit of a Noddy car, but quite cool too :p

Well built, far too expensive when new, and for most of its life, but now bangernomics with the rest of them. Aluminium body and exceptionally good coefficient of drag. Should be very cheap to own and run.

DL reg and suspiciously low mileage combined with a short NCT and the car seems too cheap => eyes very wide open

As a concept though they're fantastic. Aluminium space frame, stop/start, very aerodynamic, decent interior, under 900kg. And this was 17 years ago.
    The front service panel where you can check fluids etc is an novel idea too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Lazybones wrote: »
    racso1975 wrote: »
    wouldn't go near the seller.

Hi Rasco,

Which Seller are you talking about - is it the Punto seller?
    Had been looking at a few of his ads on Donedeal - he seem to have nice stock.

Many thanks.

Yup that's the seller I am on about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Not to mention they have drum brakes..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Just this...
    ...The front service panel where you can check fluids etc is an novel idea too.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

Patww79 wrote: »

FYP:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

There's a stretched tyred stickered up A2 around Limerick. I presume he's being ironic.
    I do like em though (minus the mods).

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

No it's was easy enough if you know what to do, the grill flaps down and give you accesds to basic bits, dipstick, oil filler etc, and theres like bolts there aswell, turn them and you can pull the bonnet towards you and lift up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/95-red-honda-accord-2-0i-4dr-petrol-nct-amp-taxed/14292563

Mjk1ZjAxNzM1ZDY3ZDJjN2UzY2MxNWFjZGY0MTViYWMXso-yLvPxoA2E8qirD0LiaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182NjgwODA0M3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

NCT 8/17, tax 6/17, 1 owner & 38k miles! €950 might be a bit pricey, but this is surely a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

No tools needed. The only hassle is finding somewhere to leave the aluminium bonnet aside while you do your work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

1850 I really love these cars. Leather looks very clean and the dash on them is brilliant.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-civic-1-8-ses-5dr/14288040[/QUOTE]

I messaged the seller enquiring as to the mileage on that civic .. 200K plus he replied

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/95-red-honda-accord-2-0i-4dr-petrol-nct-amp-taxed/14292563

Mjk1ZjAxNzM1ZDY3ZDJjN2UzY2MxNWFjZGY0MTViYWMXso-yLvPxoA2E8qirD0LiaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182NjgwODA0M3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

NCT 8/17, tax 6/17, 1 owner & 38k miles! €950 might be a bit pricey, but this is surely a good one.
    • 1 careful owner from new. First registered July 1995

Careful indeed.
    With that milage he must have never left his own driveway in 21 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

inforfun wrote: »
    Careful indeed.

They do exist, they just all drive diesels now $$$$ lol.

If it is the owner himself selling it, i am pretty sure he is also not selling it to just anybody.
    You have to bring references.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

If it is the owner himself selling it, i am pretty sure he is also not selling it to just anybody.
    You have to bring references.

?

Just like when you want to rent a house?
    You have to be worthy to buy that car from him

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Careful indeed.

I could understand mileage like that on a small car. I had a 1989 Suzuki Alto a few years ago with 12,000 miles. But on a big car like this I'm very intrigued.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Original tape deck, original dealer sticker, original wheel trims. Tax and nct running out on same month. Taxed for the year the last time. This one screams genuine.
    I'd guess seller bought the car when he retired and has had it since.

There is another thread for discussing insurance on older cars.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057675907

Be great if the bangernomics owners could share their experiences in that thread. As the cost of insurance (if you can get it) will have a big impact on the bangernomics

• Advertisement

Original tape deck, original dealer sticker, original wheel trims. Tax and nct running out on same month. Taxed for the year the last time. This one screams genuine.
    I'd guess seller bought the car when he retired and has had it since.

Older drivers often do very little mileage. Noticed that with my own family.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement