Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭MrRolex

I thought you said you were done with this thread?

Changed my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭selectamatic

MrRolex wrote: »
    Why waste your time with a dented one?]

Because it's tested and taxed till May and could be got for about 4 or 500. It's basically the perfect stop gap. Sell it on when the windscreen is outta date for a few hundred and pick something else up. It's Bangernomics with a capital B imo. It ain't pretty but it'd keep a man on the road for not much cash.

Your leitrim one is up for a fair bit more and has no tax. It's cleanish but there's cleaner ones to be got for not much more. In fact half decent msport ones can be got for not much more so I'd personally pass on it.

Because it's tested and taxed till May and could be got for about 4 or 500. It's basically the perfect stop gap. Sell it on when the windscreen is outta date for a few hundred and pick something else up. It's Bangernomics with a capital B imo. It ain't pretty but it'd keep a man on the road for not much cash.

Your leitrim one is up for a fair bit more and has no tax. It's cleanish but there's cleaner ones to be got for not much more. In fact half decent msport ones can be got for not much more so I'd personally pass on it.

Show me some half decent M-sport ones that can be got for not much more then?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

This thread has lost a lot of what it should be, no point posting cars that fit the category just for the sake of posting and getting thanks for it. Yes a lot of good posting but it's a bit of a link dump lately.

This thread has lost a lot of what it should be, no point posting cars that fit the category just for the sake of posting and getting thanks for it. Yes a lot of good posting but it's a bit of a link dump lately.

Agreed.
    But that's what the thanks whores do.
    The cars aren't bangernomics at all. They just post anything off Donedeal under 2K then get their mates to thank whore them.
    Then they return the favour ad infinitum.
    Of course if one isn't in their clique they all gang up and slag ones genuine post.
    I could literally post anything and no matter what it is, they would slag it for the sake of slagging it.
    Then soon as one of them posts something they all praise it up like its the best bangernomic find ever.
    Dented 320d v clean 320d is a classic example of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Not when one is cheaper with NCT and tax and the other has fewer marks for more money and has no tax.

This is bangernomics, if you want you could start a "pristine-onomics" thread then you and your clique could all go there to sneer at us for finding bargains.

No one is out to get you, they just have different opinions. It's not your opinion that people get pissed off with in here, it's just how you put it across.

Show me some half decent M-sport ones that can be got for not much more then?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-320-d-full-m-sport/14499297

Mm_Qy_YTdj_MWFk_Mj_Rm_M2_Fl_MWE3_YTFk_Yz_Uz_Zj_A1_ODc2_Yj_QCY9_Vn.jpg

2004 320d msport
    taxed till 4/17 tested till sept 17
    Asking €1500
    Bit of a haggle and away ya go, the tax is a nice bonus too.

This was literally found with a few mins searching plenty more 320d msports on DD of all sorts; saloons, tourers, automatics etc there's lots to choose from and thats before other outlets such as facebook, carzone etc. are taken into account. The cd coupes are strongly priced still but imo they're poised to fall greatly in price over the coming year.
    Dented 320d v clean 320d is a classic example of this.
    There is literally not another taxed and tested 150bhp 320d on donedeal for close to 500.

The hypocrisy of you on about negativity is priceless.

The only one you are showing up here is yourself.

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

The only one you are showing up here is yourself.

I think that's 3 threads I'm following that you're doing your best to ruin. Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

This is rare!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-micro-1-3/14674999

NjY4MGVlZThhNTcwMzdjMjRmOTZlZmQ1MmU2ODZkY2FV1DapTQkxv_CjvYgU95NZaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182OTI1NDUyNnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Micra 1.3 with flip paint. NCT site says its tested until 12/17. Low mileage too and reasonable spec for what it is. €800.

• Advertisement

With 300K on the clock.
    Yeah, good one lad.

That'd be 300,000km there Ted ;)

That's 180k miles in old money

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Wonder is there any issue with the clk I really like it though.

Just spent more hours than I care to think about helping put a 03 CLK 200 back together after it skipped a couple of teeth on the cams, due to timing chain wear, pair of cam pulleys and a new chain over €500, and a clatter of time to put it all in, it was lucky it didn't bend any valves and make the problem worse.

Lovely drive though, not sure what the economy is like, it would cruise all day at 135Km/h it if was allowed to.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Motor tax is certainly more than the claimed €100 but that's a great car. The 1.3 is great and there is sweet shag all to go wrong with them.
    And that's from experience, working on Nissans, owning Nissans, having connections who can tell me all the gritty details about Nissans... :rolleyes:

CianRyan wrote: »
    Motor tax is certainly more than the claimed €100 but that's a great car. The 1.3 is great and there is sweet shag all to go wrong with them.
    And that's from experience, working on Nissans, owning Nissans, having connections who can tell me all the gritty details about Nissans... :rolleyes:

I think €100 is for 3 months...€360 p/a on a 1.3 these days

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-civic-ses-tax-ampnct-full-service-history/14673941

ZWE4MzM5MWRiOTJhMWU1MTI5YTYwN2JkODk5YWY3MDBSFOGV6UGL8viU7r8_r8MfaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182OTI0OTcyNHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

I tend to post bangers for around a grand or less on here, but occasionally stuff like this takes my interest. A find car for the money imo. Modern, safe, reliable etc etc. NCT to the end of 10/17 and tax until end of the month, service history looks good too. €2k.

In other news; water is wet.

So its got less miles than the one you posted?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

CianRyan wrote: »

They are an excellent engine. The only things I can think of that give problems on them is fuel pumps and distributer caps.

In other news; water is wet.

And your Leitrim one has 195k miles on the clock.

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    They are an excellent engine. The only things I can think of that give problems on them is fuel pumps and distributer caps.

Rust as well as with all K11s these days. With a recent NCT you can can be somewhat assured that it isn't hanging..but worth checking anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Just added you to my ignore list.

What age are you 14? That's an answer my 14 year old would give, thank God that phase has passed with her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Rust as well as with all K11s these days. With a recent NCT you can can be somewhat assured that it isn't hanging..but worth checking anyway.

When I said problems I meant problems regarding reliability :) I agree about the rust though, it's a big problem on those at this stage.

I'd give ya the fuel pump and dizzy cap but the rust seems less present.
    All in all, I've only seen one with the dreaded rusty front end.

Nearly every one of them needs a new expansion tank at this stage though, the plastic wasn't great material at the time and is still ****e now. It's only an overflow tank though so no real issues.
    Mine's been ****ed since I had it and I've never had any problems. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Magown3

Girls girls girls, please stop arguing with each other. You, stop calling her names and you, stop pulling her pony tail! I have a wooden spoon and I'm not afraid to use it.

2 pages of ****e talk with only 2 cars posted. We don't need to hear everyone's opinion on every car.

Here's a nice Saab to get things moving in the right direction.

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/14675038
    Saab 95 S A A B 95 Tourer Tidfull Speck NCT Tax

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Magown3

I'll tell your mother when she gets home if you keep it up!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-twingo-dynamique-1-2-16v-75bhp/14634425

NWRiNWY2YTMzZjVjNDg1ZmFkN2NjZGY1MjY3NzI1NWSNKE6sDpJxIgwt0Ls1IOEwaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182OTAwNjIyMHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

If I needed something to replace my Tipo with in the morning, I'd probably go and have a look at this. NCT to the end of 10/17, €1250. Sure the miles are a bit high (218k km / 135k miles) but nevertheless it shouldn't upset the insurance companies..!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-accord-new-nct-tax-waranty-service-history/14675322

MDY2YmM0NDI2OTFlNDk3ODBmMzA3NTE3YmU1ZmIxNDGnWS2Cur14M2wtEc45M9TjaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182OTI1NTg3Mnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

This must have sat around for a while! 04 old model Accord with nice looking leather, NCT to 1/18 and even a bit of warranty for €1200. I like this model, I'd take a punt on this for a grand if I was in the market

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Donedeal seems to have scaled back on all the useless info that was on the ads recently. Length, weight etc.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Donedeal seems to have scaled back on all the useless info that was on the ads recently. Length, weight etc.

Yeah, for the better imo. They still need a filter for cars with and without NCT though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Nice W124 230E, NCT 05/17 with an Auto box for €1,200. Great, reliable engine and probably the best overall balance in the W124 between economy, performance and smoothness.

It's a 1992, so most of the rust issues have been ironed out, though beware the 5 month NCT and the chrome arches which may hide rust. Still a bargain IMO.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-e230/13827119
    YjNiNjU3MjFlZjZlY2YwMGNlN2NmNTU4YjE3MGM3N2P1E8NTt668UNl69T6w5UhwaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182NDMwNjU4NHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Advertisement

Love it - looks as though the original overmats and cassette player are still in place and everything.

Needs to lose the German plates though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement