Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    All excellent finds!!! Really like the rover and volvo in particular. Both offer so much for so little :cool:

The Volvo is savage...close thread, we have a winner!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

What kind of storage space is in that Volvo. It's a nice motor, but then the rover is an estate and an auto box.
    If I had to pick one....I couldn't do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

Shameless plug. Brand new NCT yesterday. Never missed a beat. Boardsie discount available :D

https://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-starlet-with-tax-test-/9952443

44271599.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,449 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Staying with Toyota - and raiding the piggy bank a little

Toyota Allion, JDM model based on the Avensis

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-allion/10226347?offset=8

Not the best proportioned car, but it's unusual and it has a decent looking interior

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Staying with Toyota - and raiding the piggy bank a little

Toyota Allion, JDM model based on the Avensis

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-allion/10226347?offset=8

Not the best proportioned car, but it's unusual and it has a decent looking interior

150bhp 2.0ltr JDM import, good luck with the insurance! :pac:

• Advertisement

rizzodun wrote: »
    150bhp 2.0ltr JDM import, good luck with the insurance! :pac:

don_t_bring_me_down_meme_by_shadepony-d6krhs6.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

That's very nice, I'd love that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,445 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

That Toyota allion is fugly. Would much prefer its predecessor the Caldina. That's a sexy car, beams engined too.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,318 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Oh yeah! From my early disco years :D :cool:

Surely Colm, you're too young to remember that?

That Toyota allion is fugly. Would much prefer its predecessor the Caldina. That's a sexy car, beams engined too.

I think it's successor was the Marino/JDM Carina (as opposed to Corona)
    Caldina is basically a Carina E/Avensis, and the one that was out when that Allion was new was a sort of estate/mpg kinda yoke.
    unkel wrote: »
    Oh yeah! From my early disco years :D :cool:

Surely Colm, you're too young to remember that?

Wouldn't have been old enough to remember their stuff first time round, but now love ELO and Travelling Wilburys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,445 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Yep that's the Caldina, I owned one in NZ, a beautiful estate, 2lt turbo. Couldn't own one in this country with poxy tax and petrol. Was trying to get myself a beams 2.0 Caldina and spotted one on Adverts a while back but the owner was too flaky, couldn't get a straight answer on miles or tax/nct so stayed clear. I'm still looking for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

GvidoR wrote: »
    That's very nice, I'd love that. :)

Had one in work today and I thought of you.
    I've never seen a bigger crock of **** though, if I wrote a list of what was broken on it, I'd need two full pages. :pac:

CianRyan wrote: »
    Had one in work today and I thought of you.
    I've never seen a bigger crock of **** though, if I wrote a list of what was broken on it, I'd need two full pages. :pac:

Haha. Well, surely that was just that particular one. You said yourself that half of the cars that come in have brake pads that dissolve as you take them out, so there's that. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Posting here as this car probably comes in under the price point (apologies if this is not allowed):

I’ve no idea how to price my car. I might be totally overthinking it and should simply accept that it’s a 2002 skoda octavia and any distinguishing features that I think it has aren’t as important as I think.

The Good:
    77k miles.
    FSH -Skoda until I got it (2007) and then Jack Jordan’s Garage on Montague Lane since then. Jack Jordan’s are happy to vouch for the machine (milage and servicing with them). Skoda did the timing belt and pump at c. 65k miles.
    150 bhp 1.8t 4*4 (Haldex) Elegance Trim with upgraded Sat Nav radio - the same engine as the Audi TT of its time and rare in this country (apparently easily modified to 180 bhp if you were so inclined).
    NCT done last month.
    New battery and spark plugs in the last month

The Bad:
    Scrape down the side - photos show same. At this stage presumably easily fixed with panels from a scrimmage yard?
    2002 octavia.
    Tyres are probably heading in the worn direction, but as above the NCT passed without comment in August.

I’d like to sell it, I’m not in a rush to do so. Is it a machine that someone will appreciate and pay for?

That's quite a nice spec on that. The scrape on the sill and door devalues it a bit though.
    I'd love a car like that tbh but it's a bit old.

Have you git a priçe in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Polo_Cluvie

Nice looking car and great spec. Service history will sell it for you imo. Unfortunately there's probably 3 to 400 euro worth of bodywork to be done plus timing belt will need to be done seeing as it's 8 yrs since it was done last. In my humble opinion anywhere between 800 to 950 as it stands. Only my opinion if you get more fantastic.

well I guess this is virtually the same car - http://www.adverts.ie/car/skoda/octavia/skoda-octavia-2002/7756206

admittedly the VRS version is tuned differently but afaik it is the same engine. No scrape, but twice the milage.

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/facts-and-figures/skoda/octavia/hatchback-1998/21745/

The vrs isn't AWD though

Nice looking car and great spec. Service history will sell it for you imo. Unfortunately there's probably 3 to 400 euro worth of bodywork to be done plus timing belt will need to be done seeing as it's 8 yrs since it was done last. In my humble opinion anywhere between 800 to 950 as it stands. Only my opinion if you get more fantastic.

I'd have to dig out the paperwork, but the timing belt was done within the last 5 years (afair) and 15k miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

uberwolf wrote: »
    well I guess this is virtually the same car - http://www.adverts.ie/car/skoda/octavia/skoda-octavia-2002/7756206

admittedly the VRS version is tuned differently but afaik it is the same engine. No scrape, but twice the milage.

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/facts-and-figures/skoda/octavia/hatchback-1998/21745/

I wonder is that why it's still for sale 5 months later.

• Advertisement

I wonder is that why it's still for sale 5 months later.

the thought had occurred...

Wasn't that Chevy posted a couple of weeks ago? Not quite as epic as the name may suggest though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I think I'd prefer a mk1 Eventless to that thing.

A what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

GvidoR wrote: »
    A what?

Toyota eventless zzzzz

As limerick people cannot pronounce avensis without a T in it, (aventiss) it's even easier to make the jump from avensis to eventless round here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Toyota eventless zzzzz

As limerick people cannot pronounce avensis without a T in it, (aventiss) it's even easier to make the jump from avensis to eventless round here.

Yep and you will see a few Aventis's on DD. .

• Registered Users Posts: 65,318 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Truckermal wrote: »
    I think I'd prefer a mk1 Eventless to that thing.

Dunno about that. Eventless would be twice as old for the same money. And the Epica has a straight six petrol!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

'07 Legacy
    Haggle into bangernomic territory
    Test until Feb 2017
    Leather & Auto
    Asking €2,250

Lot of car for the moolah, once you can live with the tax and the fuel bill.

https://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/subaru-legacy/10080835

44896126.jpeg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement