Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

bazz26 wrote: »
    The moderators can decide on that, not you. Now move along.

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

bazz26 wrote: »
    The moderators can decide on that, not you. Now move along.

Move along yourself, posting an overpriced high tax gas guzzler. Who in their right mind would buy it for a cheap run around?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Move along yourself, posting an overpriced high tax gas guzzler. Who in their right mind would buy it for a cheap run around?

It doesn't have to be a cheap run around.
    The thread would get fairly boring AMD wouldn't have lasted years at this stage if all we posted was sub 1.6L hatchbacks.

If it has test longer than 3 months and is something the poster would drive themselves, then it belongs in here.

You criticized colm for talking about cars posted instead of posting cars and yet here you are doing the same thing.
    It's above the limit yes but there are quite a few cars posted here which are over the limit and an assumption that you could talk it to within the limits of the 2k budget.
    Would I buy that? No.
    But many people would so please let it go and stop derailing the thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

bear1 wrote: »
    You criticized colm for talking about cars posted instead of posting cars and yet here you are doing the same thing.
    It's above the limit yes but there are quite a few cars posted here which are over the limit and an assumption that you could talk it to within the limits of the 2k budget.
    Would I buy that? No.
    But many people would so please let it go and stop derailing the thread.

Bazz is the one that can't let it go, yer the ones now moaning like old women and doing some back seat modding.

• Advertisement

Bazz is the one that can't let it go, yer the ones now moaning like old women and doing some back seat modding.

He posted a car and you criticized it.
    He answered it and you posted again that he shouldn't post it.
    He then said to move on.
    You didn't.
    So yeah... old women :D god love ya

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Is that you Mr Rolex :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

You have been quite the thorn in a lot of peoples' sides in the last while. It has been noted all along. Consider this your first warning. Any more tripe and you will receive a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

unfortunately you we cant view it unless we are part of the group

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

projectgtr wrote: »
    unfortunately you we cant view it unless we are part of the group

Aw crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Aw crap

Accurate description of a 450 yo yo pisshat.

For a second I thought the asking price was 18450e..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

Over the weekend I made enquiries about two Mondeo estate cars on Donedeal , bangernomics both. The sellers said the that the cars aren't on sale right now but will be on the market in May. The cars are still on DoneDeal. Very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That is very strange alright. Who puts a car up for sale when it actually isn't.

Kind of reminds me of just testing the water as some ads say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

jelutong wrote: »
    Over the weekend I made enquiries about two Mondeo estate cars on Donedeal , bangernomics both. The sellers said the that the cars aren't on sale right now but will be on the market in May. The cars are still on DoneDeal. Very strange.

Any link to the adverts?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Perhaps the cars do not exist - did the ads show number plates? Does it smell of a scam?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

They probably are a bit lonely and love getting to hear their phone ring.

I wonder did they forget to block number and put on ad that to contact only by email.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

Might be small time traders buying from main dealers doing scrappage.

I lack the expertise to put the links up. Both are petrol. One in Galway,2006 and the other in Cork,2003.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Is it signs of a mid life crisis, that I am finding these type of Celicas more tempting?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2004-toyota-celica-with-low-mileage-and-new-nct/14985055

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Is it signs of a mid life crisis, that I am finding these type of Celicas more tempting?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2004-toyota-celica-with-low-mileage-and-new-nct/14985055

Great handling cars and good bang for your buck considering 1500 will get you a very clean 190bhp one.
    It'd have to be a 190bhp 2zzge vvtli engined one though. The one above is only the 140bhp one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭selectamatic

MTY2_MDQ3_ZDhj_Mj_Qy_MDcz_ZTUx_NDQ4_ZDM4_ODVj_OGUz_Mz_Vchch_X.jpg

NWY3_ODk0_NDU0_ZGQ3_Mzli_MGZm_MTEw_Nj_M2_Mzgw_NGVl_Yje_HMio_B.jpg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-mondeo-2-0-tddi-diesel-tax-8-17-and-nct-10-17/15014094

As 16 year old diesel saloons go this looks very clean.
    Test till october
    Tax till the end of August
    Reliable tddi engine
    Supposedly 180k miles on the clock
    Asking €850

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

TDDI is a great engine in then

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

jelutong wrote: »
    I lack the expertise to put the links up. Both are petrol. One in Galway,2006 and the other in Cork,2003.

Are these them?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nct-to-march-2018-and-taxed-also/14977613

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-mondeo-ghia-2litre-petrol/14544407

Yes. The seller in Cork said it would be for sale in May with a new NCT etc.
    The Galway seller said his Mother needed the car but it would be on sale from May 1st. His add has been updated now stating same. I don't get it. Why not take down the adds?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

That engine was described as sounding like a Skeleton masturbating in a filing cabinet :pac:

That engine was described as sounding like a Skeleton masturbating in a filing cabinet :pac:

That's what you call, having a boner...

You wouldn't want to be in a hurry, but, it'll clatter away forever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

It's a 4 cylinder diesel, they all sound like that :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement