Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

emeldc wrote: »
    They're usually the ones that claim 'new breaks and clucth' fitted as well :rolleyes:

"Eweriting is good"

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭B00056718

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Supercharged?

Weren't these turbo and only 200bhp?

2.3t would be more powerful and cheaper to tax.

Saleproof at any money.

Hate when a car is advertised as one owner when it isn't.

They were indeed only 200bhp but incredibly torquey on small revs. 523i E39 felt dead after it.

While rare enough car these days, the DI cassettes and heat exchangers go on them regularly and are hard to source. Belt engine also instead of chain.
    Sounds like antonov plane when floored though. Both V6 roar and the turbo whistle are quite loud. I used to slow down all the time just so I could accelerate with my window open again.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭minzabud

What are those Mazda 6 like? thinking about getting a sport model next year

• Registered Users Posts: 73,449 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-golf-gt-tdi-just-tested/14945401

Embrace the felt, be the lad driving around the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,449 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,222 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Another unmolested clean looking A4 130bhp tdi, short NCT though:

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a4-tdi-130bhp/15061888

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Is it me or has that version of A4 aged very well?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,318 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

B00056718 wrote: »
    They were indeed only 200bhp but incredibly torquey on small revs.

As Bentley said: "there's no replacement for displacement" :)

I went to look at a Rover 620TI (2l turbo) in the late 90s, my father in law had had one and the paper performance was very impressive. 0-100km/h in 7s or something like that. Test drove it, was disappointed in the turbo lag / lack of torque from idle. So I went and bought a BMW with a normally breathing large V8 petrol engine instead.

These days almost every car has a tiny engine with a turbocharger. Won't move away from the lights for ages because the ridiculously small torque at idle. I'm sick of paying the motor tax on big engined cars, want a newer car this time (well not older than 8 or 9 years old) and there are no newer cars with big petrol engines, so I've just bought an electric one. 100% of the torque from standstill!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

unkel wrote: »
    These days almost every car has a tiny engine with a turbocharger. Won't move away from the lights for ages because the ridiculously small torque at idle. I'm sick of paying the motor tax on big engined cars, so I've just bought an electric one. 100% of the torque from standstill!

Just keep revving it - no lag whatsoever... Wish you asked me before, you could save a lot of money :D

bear1 wrote: »

Audi is very conservative with each generation (read it as they hardly change the looks). This keeps the older ones fresh...

• Advertisement

grogi wrote: »
    Just keep revving it - no lag whatsoever...

Aye, if you know you need the speed, you can prepare for it. The problem is when you don't know :p

It has aged very well. It's better looking than any model that came after it imho. In fact Audi design has been pretty terrible in the last 10-15 years or so, with the exception of the classy design of the A5

Aye, if you know you need the speed, you can prepare for it. The problem is when you don't know :p

Never met a situation when I did not want more acceleration... ;)

So every single time you're at a standstill, or at low speed, you always keep the revs of your small turbo charged engine over 2k rpm? Didn't think so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/fiat-coupe-nct/15064510

NjZhMWJmNDQ1MmMyNzU1ZjVhNWE2MzlkOGQ1NTU0YzUPNwQk8wgMHuFVPM3gK6uWaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183MTM4NDk3OXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

NCT TO 10/17, classic insurance, yellow. €1100

Would love a turbo.
    Think they were quoted has having a top speed of 150mph!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,375 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

NjZhMWJmNDQ1MmMyNzU1ZjVhNWE2MzlkOGQ1NTU0YzUPNwQk8wgMHuFVPM3gK6uWaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183MTM4NDk3OXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

F**king want!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭CR 7

Not that it's definitive, but that has been frequently parked just around the corner from where the photos are taken for many years, so I would say the 2 owners claim and condition are more than likely genuine. I see they're also after dropping the asking price by €100 in the last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭jharr100

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-peugeot-407-nct-6-18/14324318

Pug 407
    2.0 petrol
    Slightly over budget ..

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

It has aged very well. It's better looking than any model that came after it imho. In fact Audi design has been pretty terrible in the last 10-15 years or so, with the exception of the classy design of the A5

The R8 was a game changer in terms of design in fairness. Absolutely beautiful looking motor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Mini850

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Mini850 wrote: »

Hi spec import, looks nice

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Mini850

Hi spec import, looks nice

It does.

Its priced about a grand, if not more lower than they go for at that age and spec.

Its been knocking around for a while too..........

It is quite cheap, the second cheapest though is 600e more so maybe he is simply pricing the competition out.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/05-audi-a6-2-4-v6-7speed-aut-leather-nct/15031266?campaign=3

1e below the limit and seems to have proof of an expensive job done.
    V6 and a pretty good spec with a 7 month NCT

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/05-audi-a6-2-4-v6-7speed-aut-leather-nct/15031266?campaign=3

1e below the limit and seems to have proof of an expensive job done.
    V6 and a pretty good spec with a 7 month NCT

Thats a nice find.

A lot of people very often assume they are worth a lot more than they are

CVT box is not great in them, car also very thirsty, but if you do low miles that doesn't matter much. Do these engines not have belts? A recent belt change with receipt would be a big bonus alright!

Mercedes CLK, short test, low miles, taxed till the end of August (worth €400), asking €875. Bit of a gamble with the NCT, but might be worth it. Always loved the looks of this car. Pure class! It's from a dealer, so not much can be done with the price, but might come with a warranty :D

YmE0ZDY4ZWUwOWZmZDNlMzgwMTQxYzI4YjE2NzQxNzmoj8slKLH7Fohnx0HKEcnBaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183MDM0NzEyM3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Linky

Gotta love ireland.
    The audi and that merc would be worth far more on the continent bur yet here they cost less than an average monthly wage.
    The merc like, it's practically a 400e odd car.

• Advertisement

Lexus GS300 NCT 02/18, taxed, looks clean, asking just €750. Could offer a cheeky €500 :cool:

MzY2ZjQ1NGQ3MTkzMmU4MmJmMjg5M2Y0ODkzYjg4Nznhzzs9MfNUjqN5vEruQyeHaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183MDg0MTcyOXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Linky

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement