Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,318 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Make no mistake. Back in the 80s and 90s a run of the mill Mercedes E class or CLK cost more than the price of a semi detached house in many parts of Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,449 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Why is it that every PT Cruiser owner loves ****ty fake chrome?

Most of that came with it.

Plus it's a pastiche of a classic American car so chrome is kinda acceptable. Dreadful car though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/suzuki-ignis-sport-jap-import/15024794

YTBjOTVkMDdhYjE3ZThhZmYxNzJlODhmYmEwNWE5MmVkFnqTp4j6REH5977GYyNSaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183MTMxMzgwNnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

MORE YELLOW THINGS. Ignis sport with NCT and tax to 8/17 for €1350

I'm calling shenanigans on the performance claim,
    Standard Ignis with 109bhp does 0-60 in 8.8 seconds, this guy is claiming his has 9bhp more than that because it's a race engine and does 0-60 in 6.3 seconds.

Claimed "jap import" but has mph clocks...

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Standard Ignis with 109bhp does 0-60 in 8.8 seconds, this guy is claiming his has 9bhp more than that because it's a race engine and does 0-60 in 6.3 seconds.

Sure even the key info in the ad says it does 0-60 in 8.9 sec.

Strange

• Advertisement

It would need 150-160bhp to do those times.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Teddington Cuddlesworth

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/suzuki-ignis-sport-jap-import/15024794

YTBjOTVkMDdhYjE3ZThhZmYxNzJlODhmYmEwNWE5MmVkFnqTp4j6REH5977GYyNSaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183MTMxMzgwNnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

MORE YELLOW THINGS. Ignis sport with NCT and tax to 8/17 for €1350

I love the contrast between the first picture and all the other exterior pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Teddington Cuddlesworth

Ah ha,
    I thought it might have been a picture they took after giving it it's first waxing, several years ago.

On a second viewing of it, it's seems that picture is of a left hand drive too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Most of that came with it.

Plus it's a pastiche of a classic American car so chrome is kinda acceptable. Dreadful car though.

Destroy me chaps if you like, I've always had a hankering for a pt. When I was 10 I used to think they looked really cool and I think that's where the hankering comes from.

Everyone has that car though. The one car they're embarrassed to admit they want to own.
    Don't they.....

• Advertisement

I loved the PT when it came out. When I bought my Punto, the garage (Clareview) were a Chrysler dealer too. The painted dash and all that was very cool back then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Imported to uk car maybe.

They only sold the 5 door in Japan though.

Seller is just a spoofer.

I loved the PT when it came out.

It went out of fashion almost as quickly as the SC430 :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

They only sold the 5 door in Japan though.

Seller is just a spoofer.

A 3 door ignis was not possible to buy in Japan at the time?

Think they were called the Swift Sport in Japan. There was an ignis but it was 5 door. (Far as I remember)

unkel wrote: »
    It went out of fashion almost as quickly as the SC430 :p

I think the SC will have its day yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

jharr100 wrote: »
    What do they say about a man who likes a bit of chrome in his kitchen ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zem7cU85CDA

I think the SC will have its day yet.

If there were any left in the country, they'd be on this thread by now? At some point it felt there must have been a hundred of the yokes in Dublin alone. And years before the recession they were all gone. I don't think I've seen one in a decade. Must have all gone to the UK? It's an enigma, that's what it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭pathogan2008

bear1 wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/05-audi-a6-2-4-v6-7speed-aut-leather-nct/15031266?campaign=3

1e below the limit and seems to have proof of an expensive job done.
    V6 and a pretty good spec with a 7 month NCT

How would this A6 compare to, say, an 06 BMW E60 straight 6 petrol auto to drive/own/live with?

• Advertisement

To drive. Really? :p

The Audi isn't a drivers car, but it's a nicer place to be in imho. CVT box isn't great and personally I prefer an inline 6 engine to a V6, but if you rarely rev it above 3k rpm I guess you couldn't tell the difference.

BMW probably more reliable overall, but I'd avoid high milers with the ZF box, unless it was serviced.

Both within the bangernomics budget are a hell of a lot of relatively new luxurious car for very little money

If there were any left in the country, they'd be on this thread by now? At some point it felt there must have been a hundred of the yokes in Dublin alone. And years before the recession they were all gone. I don't think I've seen one in a decade. Must have all gone to the UK? It's an enigma, that's what it is :)

They're nowhere near bangernomics money yet. Even in the uk you'll still get £8-10k for decent ones. Later ones even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,221 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Lexus GS300 with less than 100k miles on the clock and NCT until Jan 18 for €650:

MmMxZDUwMTg0M2UzZmY0NTk1NTI3MWFlMzMwMmU3ZDUqeTUEpGPgKvpnXILcQPXbaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183MDU0MjE1NXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/car/14909494

They're nowhere near bangernomics money yet. Even in the uk you'll still get £8-10k for decent ones. Later ones even more.

All old cars with big petrol engines are worth a lot more in the UK than here. Just wondering where all the Irish cars went, probably over there too...

I love the SC.

The only example on Donedeal rn is a 2005 asking €5950

Loooong way to bangernomics

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

I secretly like the SC430 and rather ashamedly was one of my favourite cars at one point! They reminded me of a Yacht, which the designer intended!

Here is a 2007 SC430 for 14.5K

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-sc-sc-430-4-3-2dr/14576019

It's a quirky car and funnily its claim to fame is in being the last car with a factory-equipped cassette deck in the dashboard in 2010!!

No where near bangeromics and never will be!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,288 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Rear-Seats-nomics

2001 CLK 230 with 5 months tax, NCT only has a few weeks left though.. €875

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-clk-class-avant-tax-8-17/14872196

NWU0NTJkN2QwNGYyMTBlMzlmYzI3MTllZmVhZGU4NDMByKad16iLYnVdnZwmnJHdaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183MDM0NzEyMXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

But just look at those rear seats, you could hold meetings back there!!

MzM3NzY1Yjk2YjE1MmIxZDcwZjk1YjI0YTQxZDAxOTLQD2kyPeMyptox4qc4h5S8aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183MDM0NzEyNHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,172 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...Everyone has that car though. The one car they're embarrassed to admit they want to own.
    Don't they.....

Yes. Yes they do. In my case, it is the Nissan Figaro. There, I said it - I know, I know... :pac:

Rear-Seats-nomics

Hey I posted that a few posts up ^^^ :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,288 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Hey I posted that a few posts up ^^^ :D

Oh, sorry, I see it now (you selected the nice photo of it) :D

Still though, those back seats :P:P:P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement