Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,449 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Quazzie wrote: »
    Why did you mention changing it from RHD to LHD?

Because bear1 was considering it and he's in a LHD country

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Because bear1 lives in Warsaw... Or around...

You know what they say "when one door closes, another one opens"

This is a Peugeot with electric doors so that probably applies

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/peugeot-1007-1-6-final-price-drop/14948246?campaign=3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Because bear1 was considering it and he's in a LHD country
    grogi wrote: »
    Because bear1 lives in Warsaw... Or around...

Exactemundo.
    So I threw it up in the air about 20mins ago and she just looked at me.
    Started showing the difference in prices between the two countries, then came the sighing.
    So I'm waiting on the decision :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

FYI - Ford S-Max RHD-LHD conversion is not easy, the cabin wall needs to be cut. Total cost is around €2500.

I wouldn't bother with it.
    If I got it (and it's looking like a big if) I'd simply register it here and when I move back to Ireland put it back on it's original plates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Not sure if I should post this up here but I'm currently fighting with myself about this:
    YWFiYjg5ZWRkYzFmOGZiZGNjNjA2Y2JkNjBjZWQ0MWNcTwP6PvW4rHUnjqMNE2-ZaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183MTcwNjgwOXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-530-d-manual/15122934

It's my old car, I imported it from the UK in 2007 with 82k on the clock (paid a whopping €7.5k VRT for the pleasure on top of the €16k purchase price) and sold it in 2008 with 102k on the clock just as the recession really got going and car prices collapsed. When I sold it, it was absolutely perfect and I always said I'd buy it if I saw it for sale again but I'd say it's wrecked now :( It was a high spec car for a manual, only missing nav & heated seats. Still the best car I've owned.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭New Goat

commited wrote: »
    Not sure if I should post this up here but I'm currently fighting with myself about this:
    YWFiYjg5ZWRkYzFmOGZiZGNjNjA2Y2JkNjBjZWQ0MWNcTwP6PvW4rHUnjqMNE2-ZaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183MTcwNjgwOXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-530-d-manual/15122934

It's my old car, I imported it from the UK in 2007 with 82k on the clock (paid a whopping €7.5k VRT for the pleasure on top of the €16k purchase price) and sold it in 2008 with 102k on the clock just as the recession really got going and car prices collapsed. When I sold it, it was absolutely perfect and I always said I'd buy it if I saw it for sale again but I'd say it's wrecked now :( It was a high spec car for a manual, only missing nav & heated seats. Still the best car I've owned.

If you can afford it, why not buy it. Or go see it and how it drives. And if it has any service history since you sold it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

You're probably right but with the insurance situation over here and the fact that I'm used to the cushy life of an auto I don't know if it's the right car for me any more.

I sold it with a full SH and every receipt since new, I'd say that's long gone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

An LPG kit done properly will not have any power loss on any car.

Only cheap kits that can't provide enough fuel have this problem, one cheap solution is to program the LPG ECU to revert back to petrol at X Rev or Y throttle position.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bayecowfee

hi i said i'd ask here not sure if i'm in the right place tho. looking to get my first car. i've gotten quotes for a few different cars. budget is about 3.5k. i have my eye on a golf astra or focus 1.4 or 1.6 petrol but i also really like the look of an audi a3 1.6 petrol. i can't seem to find much reviews on the audi so im wondering does anyone here know if it's a good car ? i'm looking for reliability but also a stylish looking car and i think the audi is definitely the best looking car out of them
    if i'm in the wrong place can someone redirect me to where i will find an answer
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

bayecowfee wrote: »
    hi i said i'd ask here not sure if i'm in the right place tho. looking to get my first car. i've gotten quotes for a few different cars. budget is about 3.5k. i have my eye on a golf astra or focus 1.4 or 1.6 petrol but i also really like the look of an audi a3 1.6 petrol. i can't seem to find much reviews on the audi so im wondering does anyone here know if it's a good car ? i'm looking for reliability but also a stylish looking car and i think the audi is definitely the best looking car out of them
    if i'm in the wrong place can someone redirect me to where i will find an answer
    thanks

The A3 is about as good or bad as the Golf, since they're more or less the same car.

alastair wrote: »
    The A3 is about as good or bad as the Golf, since they're more or less the same car.

would you say that theres any reason not to purchase ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭vandriver

would you say that theres any reason not to purchase ?
    The insurance quotes?

vandriver wrote: »
    The insurance quotes?

i've gotten quotes i'm fine on the insurance side of things it's just the car i'm wondering about really

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Stay clear of 1.4 especially in focus as piss poor engine and sluggish in them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

just went to a few garages and a small trader told me stay well clear of an a3 that his cousin has one and is getting rid of it and going back to a focus.. he wasn't even trying to sell me anything just gave me advice really .. thinking a 1.4 golf or astra now maybe . i've heard that a 1.4 focus can be heavy on petrol is that true ?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

just went to a few garages and a small trader told me stay well clear of an a3 that his cousin has one and is getting rid of it and going back to a focus.. he wasn't even trying to sell me anything just gave me advice really .. thinking a 1.4 golf or astra now maybe . i've heard that a 1.4 focus can be heavy on petrol is that true ?

A 1.4 A3, Golf, Astra or Focus will all be similar on petrol - they are all similar size/weight.

An A3 will have identical reliability and running costs to a Golf as it is pretty much the same car.

Edit: €3.5k is outside the scope of this thread and buying advice is off topic. Start yourself a new thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Even better when you realise he's a motor trader and you have rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

vandriver wrote: »
    Even better when you realise he's a motor trader and you have rights.

Not this again... What rights?

Not this again... What rights?

Do you believe the Sale of Goods Act doesn't apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,919 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I was talking to a guy once who got really bad sun burn.

My advice is stay indoors for the rest of your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/opel-vectra-1-9tdi-design-150bhp/15129509?campaign=3

vecta c design ,tons of paperwork and work done,serious bargain imo, seems to have the handsfree kit too,which perhaps plays the bluetooth from phone, a bug bear in this particular model is no bluetooth and stereo aint cheap to replace

edit. it seems to have 10 months tax,thats about 600 euro !!! am i missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,318 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Asking €1,300 with 11 months tax left (over €600)

That's a steal, marklazarcovic!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-xc-70/15138354

YTY1ODlhNjJlNWZhMTI5ZjYxNDEwN2QzZmIyNmNlZDaQQrHHoJLd-cEAzNzGDtstaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183MTc4MTg5NHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

2005 XC70 Ocean race with NCT to 9/17 for €600

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2006-subaru-forester-2-5-turbo-4x4/15131653

YTliYjdjZTM1YWNiZGNlYzlmM2JiNGU2ZjI2Y2YzZDGvz0-KAMQEzsTfuxmlEVYAaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183MTc0OTU1N3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

2.5 Turbo manual with NCT to 7/17 and tax to 2/18 - €2k

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/opel-vectra-1-9tdi-design-150bhp/15129509?campaign=3

vecta c design ,tons of paperwork and work done,serious bargain imo, seems to have the handsfree kit too,which perhaps plays the bluetooth from phone, a bug bear in this particular model is no bluetooth and stereo aint cheap to replace

edit. it seems to have 10 months tax,thats about 600 euro !!! am i missing something?

Bottom of the range parrot doesn't stream from the phone unfortunately.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement