Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

jca wrote: »
    Sorry lads but what are or is? lathe sits:confused:
    Maybe English isn't his first language but that ad is terrible.

Second picture is your lathe sits.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭acronym Chilli

What would ye make of this?
    2004 Saab 93 diesel, 128k miles, €1550

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2004-saab-93-diesel-quotmajor-price-drop-quot-one-owner/10747954

Its the 2.2 diesel which hits tax of course and is by all accounts a relatively unrefined beast (compared especially to the well regarded 1.9 diesel unit that followed it).

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

This for real?

'05 BMW 320ci 2.2l straight six cylinder petrol, auto. Taxed till end of the year, test until early next year. Low miles

Asking just €1,234 :eek:

ZjhhMjg0YzY3NWNkYzFiYzEyZjQ2ZTM5NDdmNzY1MzW5JwLpbdJ3JuyiVr7Lf-B0aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vNzFhOWE1MGU3ODVlY2Y1N2JlOTVhYTBkOTFjMmZiMGI4Y2QyNTU2NjRjYjQ4M2Y3YTQ4NjI2OTM0ZjNlNmVjYi5qcGd8fHx8fHwzOTN4Mjk0fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

Linky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭visual

unkel wrote: »
    This for real?

'05 BMW 320ci 2.2l straight six cylinder petrol, auto. Taxed till end of the year, test until early next year. Low miles

ZjhhMjg0YzY3NWNkYzFiYzEyZjQ2ZTM5NDdmNzY1MzW5JwLpbdJ3JuyiVr7Lf-B0aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vNzFhOWE1MGU3ODVlY2Y1N2JlOTVhYTBkOTFjMmZiMGI4Y2QyNTU2NjRjYjQ4M2Y3YTQ4NjI2OTM0ZjNlNmVjYi5qcGd8fHx8fHwzOTN4Mjk0fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

Linky

Worth much more than asking price but when they refuse your offer report them for false advertising. 1234 is just their smart ass way of not specifying price

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I say he'd be looking for €4,321 when you go to see it. Just a smartarse I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Read his comments:
    Victor93 23/11/2015 23:10-
    @dainiusmal €1234 is not actually the price for the car. I put that up as I'm open for offers or maybe swaps. I wouldn't take anything less than €4100 for it. Sorry for the confusion.

Read his comments:

Thanks that explains. Those comments were not there when I posted though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

unkel wrote: »
    This for real?

Linky

He wants 4100e. He just put that up to gain attention. You can see it in the comments bit.

Someone offered him 900! Gotta love adverts!!

Edit: never refreshed my page.

Should be made sell the car for asking price like those other time waster with car advertised for 1 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Second picture is your lathe sits.

Thanks guys genuinely couldn't figure it out, night work melts the memory sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-728i/10753682?offset=3

This or a Micra :D always liked this version of the 7 after seeing it in Goldeneye I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

visual wrote: »
    Should be made sell the car for asking price like those other time waster with car advertised for 1 euro
    ^^This!^^

Reminded me about similar case in Eastern Europe years ago, one lucky guy bought a Cayenne cheaper than one wheel off it would cost him - seller didn't set a reserve price in auction. AFAIR ended up in court, in favour of a buyer. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Melange

Red Kev wrote: »
    Merc 230E. NCT 03/16, TAX 04/16. €1650. Auto & leather. Nice place to sit for a few months. Probably the most reliable engine/box combo in one of the best cars ever built. It's sitting a bit high, almost like it was on holidays in Morocco.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-w124-230e-auto-tax-04-16-nct-03-16/10618673?offset=6

47695660.jpeg

Yeah, I noticed that myself when I had a look at the pics. Nice enough car for the price though. I'm tempted to go and have a look at it. Would any of you lads here know why it might be sitting a bit high, and if it could be indicative of any problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭acronym Chilli

Melange wrote: »
    Yeah, I noticed that myself when I had a look at the pics. Nice enough car for the price though. I'm tempted to go and have a look at it. Would any of you lads here know why it might be sitting a bit high, and if it could be indicative of any problems?
    Passenger compartment full of helium?
    :D

joujoujou wrote: »
    ^^This!^^

Reminded me about similar case in Eastern Europe years ago, one lucky guy bought a Cayenne cheaper than one wheel off it would cost him - seller didn't set a reserve price in auction. AFAIR ended up in court, in favour of a buyer. :D

I heard of something similar, think it was on that Allegro website. Seller put the incorrect price on a boat or something and was sold for a few euros instead of 10s of thousands.
    The seller refused to relinquish the boat to the buyer who then took the guy to court and won.
    Sickening though at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

bear1 wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-728i/10753682?offset=3

This or a Micra :D always liked this version of the 7 after seeing it in Goldeneye I think...
    It was Tomorrow Never Dies actually. And unless there's a remote driving app with the car I'm not interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

If that's legit then its great bangernomics for someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

• Registered Users Posts: 7,297 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Not a whole heap of test but i think it qualifies, last 2 owners were boardsies too.

https://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/e39-520i-tax-and-test/10964853
    12239926_1051590961541831_4783624508430016393_n.jpg?oh=0071a7a065719682588ac02ec0e8b3ef&oe=56DDB4F3

• Advertisement

flazio wrote: »
    It was Tomorrow Never Dies actually. And unless there's a remote driving app with the car I'm not interested.

I'm so sorry you aren't interested. I'll try harder next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Are they reliable?

Dirt

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Are they reliable?

It's a Fiat

It's a Fiat

And?

That's all relative. Often cars that have the worst reputation / least happy owners who bought them new, can make the best value for money bangernomics

This particular car is from '04, looks in excellent condition and has a long NCT and it's yours for about €500

Looks like a bargain to me

Sure if you want to play it safe, buy a same year Toyota Yaris in similar condition. For 5 times the price...

That doesn't mean that the car itself is unreliable.
    Besides you said its a fiat, which in itself is a stupid answer if someone asks are they reliable.
    If you would give an actual detailed answer as to why its unreliable then fair enough but using 5 comments from honest john to paint a picture of a car is silly.
    Stick in a Passat b6 and see what red faults show up.

Doesn't matter how cheap a lemon is its still a lemon. Unless you have a love of the car and handy with DIY it could turn into expensive money pit.

Be lucky if the exhaust manifold isn't cracked or headgasket leaking.

I do concede it looks lovely.

Fiat apart from the 500 Fiat have nearly given up making cars and focused more on diesel vans that they seem to have good success with.

Doesn't matter how cheap a lemon is its still a lemon. Unless you have a love of the car and handy with DIY it could turn into expensive money pit.

With respect, you don't seem to get the concept of bangernomics.

This car has made it so far and has recently been tested. Maybe a good few Stilos are lemons, but this car is not

And only a complete fool would ever turn a €500 bangernomics car into a money pit. First sign of anything going wrong, you scrap the car and buy another one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Bandito909

What are those Stilo's like to drive? There's a good few of them for sale at good money. I take what honestjohn say's a pinch of salt. (Literally) it's an English site, so no doubt the reviewers with problems with the car I would imagine are with Stilo's with no proper maintenance. English MOTs aren't worth the paper their writen on, no proper maintenance gets done as a result of rust and the fear of breaking or snapping any nut or hold you touch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement