Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

Cheap car with test, is reliable and costs fook all to run ....

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/10140952

Now :-;

• Registered Users Posts: 73,449 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Surely your will to live is worth more than spending a teeny bit extra on something other than that misery wagon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Surely your will to live is worth more than spending a teeny bit extra on something other than that misery wagon?

Nothing wrong with it. In fact its way more interesting than an aul Pinto or Yaris and the like. Strong motor in fairness, 40 mpg and you'll get it for 250.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Nothing wrong with it. In fact its way more interesting than an aul Pinto or Yaris and the like. Strong motor in fairness, 40 mpg and you'll get it for 250.

Are you serious? In what way is it much more interesting than two cars which have been car of the year and with the Yaris still holding onto it's value?
    Have you driven a Felicia? It's name is in no way connected to what it is actually like to drive.
    That yoke should be fecked into a river of lava.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Taxed and tested. I'm not an expert but I think this is unreal value for one of these. Open to correction on that.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/alfa-romeo-spider-convertible/10440282?offset=14

46761698.jpeg

46761696.jpeg

• Advertisement

Not the longest test but lots of work done according to the ad and looks really clean. Cheap too :)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/renault-19/8956005?offset=15

39333320.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Worth it with the tax and NCT. Id want proof of the belt and pump being done.
    If no knocks and bangs then its a lovely buy. Rare now in convertible form

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

bear1 wrote: »
    Are you serious? In what way is it much more interesting than two cars which have been car of the year and with the Yaris still holding onto it's value?
    Have you driven a Felicia? It's name is in no way connected to what it is actually like to drive.
    That yoke should be fecked into a river of lava.

Definitely, my father had one with the 1.9 SDI engine....a horrible yoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Not the longest test but lots of work done according to the ad and looks really clean. Cheap too :)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/renault-19/8956005?offset=15

39333320.jpeg

I'm not certain but I think a poster mentioned that they'd seen that car in the flesh and it isn't as good as it looks in those pics. I think it showed up somewhere on boards a few months back.

• Advertisement

It's an interesting car in that it harks back to another time, and it sort-of signalled the first of the VW Skodas, I still remember when they were launched, and the disbelief that you could get a decent enough car for so little (I think they may have been £6000?)
    It's also got some interesting quirks like some of the switchgear, but they are not a nice car to drive, look at, or be in.
    Usually on a less than perfect car you'll get enough redeeming features to make the car likeable - but I honestly can't really think of many plusses apart from being quite basic mechanically.
    Now, the Felicia Fun pickup with its bright yellow paint, and slide-out rear seats is something I can't help like

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    I'm not certain but I think a poster mentioned that they'd seen that car in the flesh and it isn't as good as it looks in those pics. I think it showed up somewhere on boards a few months back.

Yep, think it was Duke O Smiley

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Don't think you'll get it for €250 or get 40mpg out of it tbh. Still cheap as it is though but for a little more you can get something nicer and much more pleasant to drive.

Not anymore interesting than a yaris or punto either and nowhere near as nice to drive as either tbh.

Ded_Zebra wrote: »

That's a beauty how much would that have cost new?

€57k plus extras

• Registered Users Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭alias no.9

It's an interesting car in that it harks back to another time, and it sort-of signalled the first of the VW Skodas, I still remember when they were launched, and the disbelief that you could get a decent enough car for so little (I think they may have been £6000?)
    It's also got some interesting quirks like some of the switchgear, but they are not a nice car to drive, look at, or be in.
    Usually on a less than perfect car you'll get enough redeeming features to make the car likeable - but I honestly can't really think of many plusses apart from being quite basic mechanically.
    Now, the Felicia Fun pickup with its bright yellow paint, and slide-out rear seats is something I can't help like

Im with you there but try find one!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,348 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Anyone here look at the xedos 9. Id have thought that was a bargain.
    Im not saying it has a large market but still would be a nice machine to have knocking around.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

jca wrote: »
    Definitely, my father had one with the 1.9 SDI engine....a horrible yoke.

I had one and it didn't even have power steering.
    Ran on fumes but a pain to drive

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I had one and it didn't even have power steering.
    Ran on fumes but a pain to drive

I think the aul fellas had power steering, it was economical in fairness but dangerously slow and as for the noise.... the old rwd transit was quieter.... I gave him a spin in my tdi octavia I was driving at the time and he nearly gave me whiplash taking off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

jca wrote: »
    I think the aul fellas had power steering, it was economical in fairness but dangerously slow and as for the noise.... the old rwd transit was quieter.... I gave him a spin in my tdi octavia I was driving at the time and he nearly gave me whiplash taking off.

I was driving my dads, I think it was a 98, no power assist in that thing at all.

When I picked up a cheap Almera I was agog at turning the steering wheel with my little finger. I had owned cars with power steering before but the trauma of dragging the wheel around during slow starts in the morning had generated some degree of PTSD

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

wonder does the drum of oil in the boot mean it likes a 'sup??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

could just be a vigilant owner. no harm to keep a drop of oil in the boot, i have a liter in mine.

are they the insurance nightmare they are made out to be? surprising they aren't more popular really. really great looking car imo.

was always my favorite car on Gran Turismo on the original Playstation. wasn't that great in the game but it looked awesome and when you were 10, this was important as ****.

373279-gran-turismo-playstation-screenshot-the-mitsubishi-fto-gr.png

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

I couldnt go anywhere without the 4 litres in the avensis i had - she was drinking the stuff -

Im back in the carina e and she doesn't use a drop even approaching 200k miles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

WTF 180 kmh on speedo = 112mph:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

KMH clocks on a 96, Jap import I'm guessing?

They're restricted in Japan to 180kmh if I'm right...

fit a converter chip and it turns into a 180mph Speedo.

limited to 180km but with chip fitted you're ok.

not that anyone would ever need to go faster than 120kmph.

insurance is the killer on these, but it's not impossible to get classic once they're 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Not sure if this is aloud my own bangernomics. Test probably isn't long enough for it to qualify if the mods want it removed go for it.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-civic-taxed-and-tested/10377454

That's loads of test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement