Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭annie.t

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

i'd really really like one of those for farting around in. probably not very quick but might be a bit of fun to throw around. that said, it'd be nothing without the Recaros :)

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

These have aged well imo. Still a nice looking starter for someone.
    https://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/00-renault-clio-nct-aug-2016-595/11275542

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Secured a Bangernomics deal this week for myself.
    I had seen a 2005 Nissan Tino for sale locally for the last few months. Seems nobody was interested.
    It's not a car that would have crowds calling, to be fair, and the bigger petrol engine would not appeal to some.
    NCT til Feb 2016. No tax. Recent service.
    1.8 petrol.
    Seller put a new ad on DoneDeal on Monday afternoon with a cheap price looking for a quick sale so I called him and took it for a spin.
    Shook hands and I eventually got it out the gate for €325.
    It just passed an early NCT for me this morning, no problem.

The car, let's face it, is plain as bedamned.
    But hey, over a year's relatively comfortable motoring secured for €375 all in ain't bad and I'm happy with that!

I will get it serviced myself in the coming weeks too to make sure it's kept ticking over nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

aw wrote: »
    Secured a Bangernomics deal this week for myself.
    I had seen a 2005 Nissan Tino for sale locally for the last few months. Seems nobody was interested.
    It's not a car that would have crowds calling, to be fair, and the bigger petrol engine would not appeal to some.
    NCT til Feb 2016. No tax. Recent service.
    1.8 petrol.
    Seller put a new ad on DoneDeal on Monday afternoon with a cheap price looking for a quick sale so I called him and took it for a spin.
    Shook hands and I eventually got it out the gate for €325.
    It just passed an early NCT for me this morning, no problem.

The car, let's face it, is plain as bedamned.
    But hey, over a year's relatively comfortable motoring secured for €375 all in ain't bad and I'm happy with that!

I will get it serviced myself in the coming weeks too to make sure it's kept ticking over nicely.

Good stuff. One thing to be careful of with them is the petrol filler pipe rotting away and rust/ water getting into the tank causing all sorts of mayhem. Have a quick look it could save you a whole heap of hassle. Replacement pipes aren't expensive from Nissan.

• Advertisement

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/11277420

Can't see that haging around, very good value even with the damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/11277420

Can't see that haging around, very good value even with the damage.

Why does it always seem to be a quarter panel or arch that's always marked. Why can it never be something that's easily and cheaply replaceable like a door, or a wing.

For that money though it doesn't really matter much I suppose.

Was thinking the same, ****ing rear quarter panel, the only part you cant easily bolt on - bolt off.

That said, the dent is nice and smooth looking, it could be pushed or pulled to look fairly ok, then a dab of touch up paint onto the bumper or an aerosol if you're feeling crazy.

It'd still be as rough as the back of my sack, but much more presentable at a glance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Was thinking the same, ****ing rear quarter panel, the only part you cant easily bolt on - bolt off.

That said, the dent is nice and smooth looking, it could be pushed or pulled to look fairly ok, then a dab of touch up paint onto the bumper or an aerosol if you're feeling crazy.

It'd still be as rough as the back of my sack, but much more presentable at a glance.
    Tbh in general that car looks clean enough though. I think I could live with those marks, especially when the car is so cheap. The funny thing is I'd be more inclined to buy that car the way it is, rather than if someone had thrown fillers and a bit of paint at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

i'd really really like one of those for farting around in. probably not very quick but might be a bit of fun to throw around. that said, it'd be nothing without the Recaros :)

0-60 in less than 9 sec I believe

• Advertisement

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/11278224

Don't know about those headlight covers but i'm pretty sure the rest of the kit and wheels are factory. Looks a good spec with sunroof, alarm, leather wheel etc.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/11279756

Bargain Corolla

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/11279769

Yet another yellow ZR and i'm pretty sure it doesn't have HGF.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/11094174

E-Class with lots of tax and test.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1998-toyota-corolla-auto-mint/11115668

What would a fair offer be on this seeing as it only has 2 weeks nct left(same as my own)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,387 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

How long is a piece of string? You'd need to go out and check it out. They're pretty bullet proof and the auto makes it worth more (as there are very few of them). Personally I feel the price is on the high side. Or to put it differently, if I was in the market for one, I'd rather not risk wasting my time. I'd wait till I'd found one with a long NCT and go see that instead...

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1998-toyota-corolla-auto-mint/11115668

What would a fair offer be on this seeing as it only has 2 weeks nct left(same as my own)

Very expensive. I posted a very similar and likely better condition Corolla with 8 months test in the post above yours for €500.

What's your linked car "worth"? €4-500, it looks like it's lead a harsh life so i'd be wary of it. €1100 in it's curreent state is dreaming. If you need an auto desperately, i'd go in offering €6-700.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭ligertigon

'06 Hyundai Sonata auto, NCT '17, tax 6 months (PSV naturally, but you'd get away with it until renewal time). Yours for about a grand :eek:

50860127.jpeg

Linky

'06 Mazda 6, NCT till almost the end of 2017 :eek:

Taxed for 5 months. Proper tax on this one.

Asking €2,100 which is a bit steep. I'd like to think I'd get it for €1,700

50886755.jpeg

Linky

ligertigon wrote: »
    Fleet car? That's a chunk of miles on it

Wouldn't be too worried about the miles. The old slant engine is tough as old boots and this generation does not suffer from sludge. If it runs well and the turbo seems ok, I would take the risk no bother.

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    Wouldn't be too worried about the miles. The old slant engine is tough as old boots and this generation does not suffer from sludge. If it runs well and the turbo seems ok, I would take the risk no bother.

I know that Saab are (considered) tanks but I would be just worried about wear and tear on the car itself. I could be nitpicking mind:rolleyes:

More critical as it would be a car that I would very much consider getting

*Edit*
    It would be fracking Mayo

Very expensive. I posted a very similar and likely better condition Corolla with 8 months test in the post above yours for €500.

What's your linked car "worth"? €4-500, it looks like it's lead a harsh life so i'd be wary of it. €1100 in it's curreent state is dreaming. If you need an auto desperately, i'd go in offering €6-700.

Was thinking 700-800 myself, I only drive auto and I want a Corolla, id prob sell my Accord for more.

I know that Saab are (considered) tanks but I would be just worried about wear and tear on the car itself. I could be nitpicking mind:rolleyes:

Build quality of them is excellent. Have a look at the interior of any random late 90s early 00s 9-5 (a car now 15-20 years old) and you'll know what I mean. A pleasant place to be in, but it's not a drivers car though. Make sure you test drive one if you haven't so you're expectations aren't far off the mark.

unkel wrote: »
    Build quality of them is excellent. Have a look at the interior of any random late 90s early 00s 9-5 (a car now 15-20 years old) and you'll know what I mean. A pleasant place to be in, but it's not a drivers car though. Make sure you test drive one if you haven't so you're expectations aren't far off the mark.

Can't be much worse than a B5.5 '01 Passat 1.6

*edit* I actually like the cabin space and ride of the passat. It's everything else I hate

Was thinking 700-800 myself, I only drive auto and I want a Corolla, id prob sell my Accord for more.

honestly, i wouldn't go a cent over €700

it has a lot of hallmarks of trouble. the spoiler painted matte black along with the tinted tail lights and chrome washer jets wouldn't be a great sign, nor would the interior door handles being painted blue or the extra flip switches on the dash. the black cladding around the rear arches would be a bit no no too.

now, it could have just had a tasteless owner but i'd suspect something more sinister.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

it has a lot of hallmarks of trouble. the spoiler painted matte black along with the tinted tail lights and chrome washer jets wouldn't be a great sign, nor would the interior door handles being painted blue or the extra flip switches on the dash. the black cladding around the rear arches would be a bit no no too.

now, it could have just had a tasteless owner but i'd suspect something more sinister.

Agreed and another good example of the word 'mint' being incorrectly used without any consideration to what mint actually means. I appreciate that the automatic may command somewhat of a premium over a manual here €1,100 for a 98' bread and butter Corolla that looks like it may have fallen into the wrong hands and which has at best 2 weeks test left on it... I'm doubtful its worth anything near that.

Think ill avoid it, might take a peek at this

http://www.adverts.ie/car/toyota/starlet/1998-toyota-starlet-for-sale/9603627 NCT until 2017,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭RayCon

Think ill avoid it, might take a peek at this

http://www.adverts.ie/car/toyota/starlet/1998-toyota-starlet-for-sale/9603627 NCT until 2017,

Mother of God ... wft is the story with the photo's ? I got dizzy flicking through them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

• Advertisement

RayCon wrote: »
    Mother of God ... wft is the story with the photo's ? I got dizzy flicking through them

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement