Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/for-sale-95-toyota-corolla-650/9879567

If motor insurance isin't an issue.
    95' Corolla 1.3 5 door hatch, Ceres edition;
    121k miles;
    5 months test;
    recently changed timing belt were told.
    For a song @ €650

Not entirely sure why he stuck it in the vintage section but anyway had one of these for almost 2 years myself many moons ago, almost identical to the one in hand, Ceres edition and all. It was very very good to me and regretted getting rid of it after. One thing I will say to look out for is uneven tyre wear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

Excellent family bangernomics. Facelift MK II Laguna. Everyone associate's these with the problems of the pre facelift but of course barstool technicians can be funny. These things are excellent. Grab a bargain

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/11301882

• Registered Users Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Excellent family bangernomics. Facelift MK II Laguna. Everyone associate's these with the problems of the pre facelift but of course barstool technicians can be funny. These things are excellent. Grab a bargain

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/11301882

They fixed a lot of issues with the facelift but that diesel was never great

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭NickDunne

Come on. Don't be to hard on it. If I was 18 this would have been handbrake heaven, weekend freedom and fervent promiscuity, all for 700 quid.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/11295487

Class! We're going to miss these kinds of cars when they eventually die out/become uninsurable :(

Could you imagine the Italian's reaction to seeing it being hockied around with this $hite blaring out of it..

:pac::pac:

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Amazing

How cheap there are, for a car that was originally rival to the Boxster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

They eat themselves if only used on short journeys, the oil not getting up to temperature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/10959445

Anyone know what the known (shudder/noise on takeoff) issue is with the Honda auto box?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

bear1 wrote: »
    Needs cat...

250 quid spurious. Every car needs something at that price. It drives and its tested. Power on :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

250 quid spurious. Every car needs something at that price. It drives and its tested. Power on :-)

True but id wonder why he isn't fixing and upping the price and also what makes him sure its the cat.
    Those cars aren't cheap to fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

It mightn't be as simple as that. You'd really want to be sure of a cheap fix before buying it. Those cars are complex enough and Mazda parts are very expensive.

Shameless plug coming up .....

New car acquired for herself so the old car has gotta go. 05 Mondeo 2.0 litre TDCI 115 BHP Zetec. 5 door hatch, tested till the end of April and tax is out. We have it six months and previous to us having it she was a one owner car. Full Ford service history and we serviced it (oil, oil filter and fuel filter) about two months ago.

It is perfect in every way. 128 kms on the clock. Two front tyres are about 5 mill and the two rears around 3. Everything works, A/C , radio , electrics all perfect. No funny noises or warning lights on the dash. There is no spend needed on this car what so ever. Bonus being because its the old Endura diesel there's no DMF or DPF to worry about. Timing chain too so just keep that oil changed and its another bill you don't have to worry about. Returns around 48/50 mpg consistently.

New car is in the body shop so I said I'd pop the old one up here first before I stick it on done deal during the week. Offers around 1500 would seem fair I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,048 ✭✭✭✭flazio

New car acquired for herself so the old car has gotta go. 05 Mondeo 2.0 litre TDCI 115 BHP Zetec. 5 door hatch, tested till the end of April and tax is out. We have it six months and previous to us having it she was a one owner car. Full Ford service history and we serviced it (oil, oil filter and fuel filter) about two months ago.

It is perfect in every way. 128 kms on the clock. Two front tyres are about 5 mill and the two rears around 3. Everything works, A/C , radio , electrics all perfect. No funny noises or warning lights on the dash. There is no spend needed on this car what so ever. Bonus being because its the old Endura diesel there's no DMF or DPF to worry about. Timing chain too so just keep that oil changed and its another bill you don't have to worry about. Returns around 48/50 mpg consistently.

New car is in the body shop so I said I'd pop the old one up here first before I stick it on done deal during the week. Offers around 1500 would seem fair I think.

Pictures? DoneDeal ad?

flazio wrote: »
    Pictures? DoneDeal ad?

Yeah eh .... There's none yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I would be afraid getting one in perfect condition, I wouldn't even go near one of those with something wrong.

I am pretty sure a lot of these will be very very cheap soon. They are becoming over 10 years old too, so insurance will be bonkers on top of already high end.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,317 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Offers around 1500 would seem fair I think.

More than fair. That's a lot of modern frugal car for the money. Best of luck with your sale!

..... 05 Mondeo 2.0 litre TDCI 115 BHP Zetec. ..........Bonus being because its the old Endura diesel there's no DMF.......

Doubt that tbh, it left the factory with one anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Pity I'm not in the market, I hate missing bargains like that!

TRADE SALE-SOLD AS SEEN-NO WARRANTY. 04 (2004)
    Illegal no, from a dealer? Sending up massive red flag

Augeo wrote: »
    Doubt that tbh, it left the factory with one anyway.

Really! That's what I thought too but I gave the reg number to my mate in the (same) Ford dealer where it had the history and he tells me "the computer says no"

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jcon1913

Can be sold without warranty but must be of merchantible quality. That mean it should work well when sold. A million miles from a warranty which is a guarantee of sorts.

Red flag territory

Really! That's what I thought too but I gave the reg number to my mate in the (same) Ford dealer where it had the history and he tells me "the computer says no"

Enter the reg here and it will tell you no?
    http://www.micksgarage.com/shop/diesel%20soot%20particle%20filters/ford/ford%20mondeo/mondeo%20saloon%202000%20to%202007/

jcon1913 wrote: »
    Can be sold without warranty but must be of merchantible quality. That mean it should work well when sold. A million miles from a warranty which is a guarantee of sorts.

Red flag territory

You're right but also means that "sold as seen" is completely bollocks

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jcon1913

You're right but also means that "sold as seen" is completely bollocks

If a business is selling goods to a consumer then the goods must be of merchantible quality. So sold as seen is not recognised - the car has to work properly for the use it was intended for. Thats is still not a warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Excellent.....Now we all get to low ball you with offers 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭acronym Chilli

If you're not in the trade, it's not a trade sale.

It probably is a red flag, but mightn't be. I've some sympathy for dealers moving on cars at the bottom end of the price range putting this on their adverts. There's only so far down they can go with the price (zero!). If a dealer moves a trade-in at say €500, he really doesn't want the buyer coming back looking for stuff done with the car. Quite quickly at that stage he'd rather not sell it at all but rather take the scrap value.

The red-flag is if you suspect the car has an underlying issue the dealer knows of and you don't, likely if it looks too good to be true. It comes down to judging the car on its merits, and getting a mechanic inspection if possible. Make the basic assumption you've minimal to no come-back on the dealer if it goes wrong unless it's an egregious example of the car not being fit for use. A very recent NCT probably covers most of that off if it's an old car (i.e. should be road-worthy and fit to drive, but no guarantee that for example all electric windows are working right, that it's been serviced before being given to you, etc.,)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭jharr100

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bargain-406-sldt-diesel-new-nct-and-taxed/11290834

These are getting rare...
    Had a Xsara with the 2.0 HDi engine a decade ago... Very frugal...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement