Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

nice corolla, must be one of the last 1.3's to get that bumper from the factory.

having to sit on my hands over that civic, i reckon you could bring that home, mop the **** out of it, re advertise for €15/ 1600 and pick up a weeks wages for a few hours work.

If it's good you might get that money for it. If it was a 3 door you definitely would. Make sure the arches are good, they are a weak spot for rust and the sills can be too but this can be difficult to spot without removing the side skirts.

The 1.5 also has a carb setup which is a shame imo. The civic coupe of the same era came with fuel injection, as did many other cars by 1995.

Edit: just went back to the ad again and realized it's a 1992, not a 1995

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

i can't see myself doing as as Mrs. Fanboi would chop my balls off. it's just disappointing because i've the next fortnight off, i'm pretty close to that car and you just know if i don't do it, somebody else will.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Quick question, I have my 01 auto Accord up for 1000 no tax or nct, am I asking too much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭duffman3833

Quick question, I have my 01 auto Accord up for 1000 no tax or nct, am I asking too much?

i think so, a buyer still has to NCT and tax the car with will be over a 1000 so no one will spend 2k on a 01 accord unless it low mileage and immaculate condition and NCT

miles out imo, you'd struggle to ask that with tax and test unfortunately.

• Advertisement

It's only worth a couple of hundred the way it is. You might get €700-800 if it has a fresh test. Being 1.8 and auto will limit it's appeal.

Sound ill drop it to 700. Thanks guys.

then drop it again to €500.

:pac:

If you look at it from a buyers point of view, would you pay that much for your car with no nct when there are plenty of similar cars out there for the sale with an nct for similar money?

Hoping the auto only guys will want it :pac: sure might book it in for a NCT and see what it needs.

• Advertisement

Hoping the auto only guys will want it :pac: sure might book it in for a NCT and see what it needs.

That would really be the best option. It might not need much and with a test you'll stand a far better chance of selling it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Great find Tfb, heres something along the same lines

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla/11384068

3 door e10 with NCT until 3/17 for 600 quid, probably get it for 5. I'd be on my way to get this if I had the cash

There is 220k on the clock on this. I really like it, just sold my supra so if its still available friday i may go for a look

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

Put some interior pics up as well m8 as it looks very clean on the outside,will help if its as good on the inside

wiz569 wrote: »
    Put some interior pics up as well m8 as it looks very clean on the outside,will help if its as good on the inside

Gotta empty all the crisp packets :pac:

There is 220k on the clock on this. I really like it, just sold my supra so if its still available friday i may go for a look

Sure it's only broke in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭CheezePleeze

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭CheezePleeze

Have you declared it off the road, if the tax is out? Can't do it retrospectively anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

• Registered Users Posts: 13,049 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Any chance we could see the car?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,317 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

flazio wrote: »
    Any chance we could see the car?

Weird, isn't it? :D

Idle is a bit high at over 1k rpm or is this normal-ish for this car?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Saw the contact name after posting and I just knew:rolleyes::rolleyes::)

This has to be the cheapest in a long time:
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/fiat-seicento/11401143

unkel wrote: »
    Weird, isn't it? :D

Idle is a bit high at over 1k rpm or is this normal-ish for this car?

When it's been started from cold it is :)

Saw the contact name after posting and I just knew:rolleyes::rolleyes::)

This has to be the cheapest in a long time:
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/fiat-seicento/11401143

They regularly go for that much with a short or no nct.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-starlet/11402705

This looks nice for the money, 63k mile original Starlet ep90 with 13 months NCT.

This looks nice for the money, 63k mile original Starlet ep90 with 13 months NCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭faral

now this is a proper bargain. this car goes forever

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 227 ✭✭Dubs1990

faral wrote: »
    now this is a proper bargain. this car goes forever

Grab that if you can ! My 97 starlet has 204k and still going like a dream !! Picked it up for 500quid with 11months nct a few months back !

• Registered Users Posts: 65,317 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Dubs1990 wrote: »
    Grab that if you can ! My 97 starlet has 204k and still going like a dream !! Picked it up for 500quid with 11months nct a few months back !

Very good value for €500! For a grand, not so much...

• Advertisement

I would wager you would struggle to find a more robust and reliable small hatchback for the money Unkel

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement