Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

http://www.adverts.ie/9793462
    so this is my pride and joy. I think I am been reasonable, and it does fall I to the bangernomic category. :)

Bought this today. Just a shade over a grand, hoping for some good bangernomics :) Few minor bits need doing but happy to get a nice comfy ecobox with a nice chunk of tax and loads of test.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,317 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Jaysus that's a steal! The asking was already on the cheap side imho. I hope I never have to sell anything to you :D

Well wear dude!

unkel wrote: »
    Jaysus that's a steal! The asking was already on the cheap side imho. I hope I never have to sell anything to you :D

Well wear dude!

Needs a few bits and TB is due in about 7k miles but i'm happy to get it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

W123-80's wrote: »
    Very ambitious asking price, but its a lovely looking car.
    '03 Mazda 6 Estate
    Test September '16
    Tax April '16
    Low miles, service history, one owner
    Asking €1,950

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mazda-6-1-8-comfort-95k-one-owner-nct-09-16/11528121

Nice car but I don't think it represents fantastic value for money when compared to the asking prices of 6's.

I looked at a 2006 1.8 saloon 6 a week ago asking €1,000. Just to compare it had less than 80,000 miles up on it, granted was out of tax and a bit lighter on test, only being tested up until May. It did have a few minor marks on body - absolutely nothing severe. It drove like an absolute dream, not the slightest rattle anywhere and was an extremley tight car...perhaps the one of the nicest everyday cars to drive you'll find for that money. Don't get me wrong though not suggesting the 6 in hand drives badly either.

Overridding point being I dont think the older 6 you linked to represents great value W123-80's as its virtually double the asking price. Notwithstanding the few flaws on the one I viewed. The fact that its an estate would hardly command that much of a premium.

Now the A4 softtop - thats an absolute gem of a findwink.png

After that it would be rude not to post a motor

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2000-vw-passat-1-9-tdi-nct-8-16-tax-3-16-mint/11523733

2000 1.9 TDI Passat;
    Tested July 2016;
    Taxed March 2016;
    low mileage were told but mileage nor actually inputrolleyes.png
    looks clean in fairness though
    Asking €799

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

And now for something completely different!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/11218643

Patww79 wrote: »

Ah ok, to be honest I'm not particularly a VW person, when it comes to Passats I only ever briefly drove a TDI of that marque and not sure which version it was. Have never owned or tinkered around with a TDI VW. Thought all the TDI's in that model Passat were suppose to be pretty good but I stand corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Down to €1950 on adverts

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That'd have to be parked off street, some skanger would lift it otherwise.

• Advertisement

For those that can afford and stomach the motor tax this should be a nice motor. Was half thinking I should be putting it in with the Luxobarges but its dimensions hardly makes that appropriate. Plenty of test on her.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/jaguar-x-type/10887979

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    That'd have to be parked off street, some skanger would lift it otherwise.

Could you elaborate? I'm lost...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Patww79 wrote: »

Not so much rarity, moreso the fact that its a pretty pacey car is what CiDeRmAn meant I would have thought. No doubt there are other "rare" cars out there skangers wouldn't be too bothered about. Hardly that hard to understand I would have thought?

Bar the front grille which is easily changeable for a standard IDM one it looks no different to a standard Corolla :confused:

Oh, so it's kind of in the same way as if someone posted an Alfa Romeo and someone posted a completely barstool based response like "you'll need an AA membership with that, it'll give nothing but bother" type of thing?

Bar the front grille which is easily changeable for a standard IDM one it looks no different to a standard Corolla :confused:

That's pretty much what I thought. If you weren't a Toyota bore, it looks no different to a 1.4

You wont see a standard Irish hatchback Corolla with them shape headlamps though. Plus rear box number plate would be inclined to point to something different also..in my mind anyways.

That's pretty much what I thought. If you weren't a Toyota bore, it looks no different to a 1.4

I would recognise it as being something a bit more special than a bread and butter 1.4 Corolla Toyotafanboi but then again maybe like yourself I am a bit of a Toyota bore if thats what you want to call ittongue.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

It has a completely different front end compared to the Irish/EU corolla hatchback.

That one has the front end from the saloon + it has side skirts, spoiler, square number plate and 01 reg which is unusual for that model corolla on these shores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Bought this today. Just a shade over a grand, hoping for some good bangernomics :) Few minor bits need doing but happy to get a nice comfy ecobox with a nice chunk of tax and loads of test.

What happened to the Golf?

GvidoR wrote: »
    What happened to the Golf?

Too much money to put it through the test, and I have a longer commute to work now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

It was my good friend's car for a long time. Much better gear ratios comparing to European TS (more like celica's gear ratios, also RunX's have celicas brakes).

But it's not a grille I remember. It looked significantly better 5 years ago:

377797.jpg

377798.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Damn it I can get a quote on that Jag but not on the corolla.

The Corolla is the one I would want though.

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    It has a completely different front end compared to the Irish/EU corolla hatchback.

That one has the front end from the saloon + it has side skirts, spoiler, square number plate and 01 reg which is unusual for that model corolla on these shores.

Come on though, to the untrained eye its a Toyota Corolla or even to the slightly educated eye its a JDM car which is probably auto

Hardly hot stuff for thieves

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Jesus who cares where you park it and if you should/shouldn't worry about it getting stolen. It's a bargain at that price and probably my favourite hot hatch of its era. When I go back to Toyota ownership I would love one of those :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not so much rarity, moreso the fact that its a pretty pacey car is what CiDeRmAn meant I would have thought. No doubt there are other "rare" cars out there skangers wouldn't be too bothered about. Hardly that hard to understand I would have thought?

The hot hatch car just seems to attract people who, if they can't nick it will just mess up your motor.
    I've a friend who found her car destroyed because the immobiliser stopped the scum from lifting it, took a fortune to put right.

The red brake calipers suggest it's something more than standard.

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Jesus who cares where you park it and if you should/shouldn't worry about it getting stolen. It's a bargain at that price and probably my favourite hot hatch of its era. When I go back to Toyota ownership I would love one of those :cool:

I agree, and I live in rural Dublin so can park what I like out front.
    Come insurance time I'd say the provider might try to load the premium based on location and parking, but that's got nothing to do with the fact it's a lovely motor.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Come on though, to the untrained eye its a Toyota Corolla or even to the slightly educated eye its a JDM car which is probably auto
    No, it's not.
    Hardly hot stuff for thieves

It has no immo. :cool:

---

Update: showed that ad to the previous owner - he's more than sure it's now after crash repair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

Right. Enough dung buckets. Cheap cars don't have to be awful .....

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/11547035

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement