Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joya's Joyous Jumphouse

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    You wouldn't get away with titles like that these days

yes.. but that one is classic :)

You should try Kleerup with Lykke Li - Until we bleed. Great song.

I like what that guy does. I'm letting him play through on Spotify. I'm in bed and my feet are jiggling :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Place has gotten, I dunno what.. in the last ten minutes

This place is nuts in a good way. :D

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Would think there is a MASSIVE difference.. Also those who said they'd get snipped, would ye consider adopting instead?

But surely getting snipped is to prevent having children so why then go down the (complicated and some times painful) route of adoption?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Ted_YNWA wrote:
    This place is nuts in a good way.
    It is indeed :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I like what that guy does. I'm letting him play through on Spotify. I'm in bed and my feet are jiggling :)
    Glad you like it. I'll throw any others I think you'll like your way.

Glad you like it. I'll throw any others I think you'll like your way.

Please do :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Links234 wrote: »
    Tell you what, I'll pop open a bottle for friends around Xmas time, we can have a mead tasting party.
    I'm in, once no Christmas songs are involved. If Fairytale of New York plays, I'm burning something down :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I think you would. You could start small selling it to people you know. I'm not sure how alcohol licences work outside of pubs/restaurants/shops but they are complicated to attain.

Start off small. Decide on your target market. Some advertising. Develop a brand. I've never come across mead being sold in this country so you could have a niche product on your hands.

Yeah, I definitely agree with you there, and I'm brewing different flavours of mead too, one of the next ones I'm going to make is a ginger mead. That'll be exciting! But you see if it was beer, there's rules for microbreweries and stuff, I'd know what I'd need for a startup, what volume I'd be able to produce per year, but mead? It's anyone's guess. :o

Secondly that would be a long, LONG way off. Although it's turning out really well, my mead is just experimental at this stage, I don't really know what I'm doing, I'm just guessing and trying new things. I'm just using supermarket honey at the moment, I'd have to source a proper honey supplier if I was brewing professionally. But if I get really good at this, who knows?

Please do :)
    U.N.K.L.E. feat Richard Ashcroft - Lonely Soul
    Angron wrote: »
    I'm in, once no Christmas songs are involved. If Fairytale of New York plays, I'm burning something down :P
    Forced to sing that in secondary school for one Christmas event in front of the school. None of that bothered me but the practice meant listening to that song at least twice or more a day for two weeks. Goes through my head now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

But surely getting snipped is to prevent having children so why then go down the (complicated and some times painful) route of adoption?

Maybe, but what if you say a couple were to adopt, then the man decided down the road ''I'd really like a kid of my own''

Keeping the options open so to speak, cuz once ya snip, there ain't no going back.

Angron wrote: »

Ugh, I hate that song with a passion. This is the go to Christmas song round my place! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Would think there is a MASSIVE difference.. Also those who said they'd get snipped, would ye consider adopting instead?

Not a chance. I don't want the bother and stress and more importantly, the responsibility.

Keeping the options open so to speak, cuz once ya snip, there ain't no going back.

Not strictly true, friend of mine had to have it done a second time cause it grew * back :p

* didn't strictly grow back, but the procedure wasn't done properly the first time as the follow up test showed, so snip number 2 had to happen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It was a slightly surreal feeling to discover Bad Religion did a Christmas album.

We seemed to have frightened the ladies away with our talk of slicing & dicing.

Time to open it up to another topic of discussion

Maybe, but what if you say a couple were to adopt, then the man decided down the road ''I'd really like a kid of my own''

No there isn't. It's a big decision and one that requires a lot of thought. Are you saying that adoption would be one way of keeping their oprions open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I thought one could get the snip reversed.

Yeah, I definitely agree with you there, and I'm brewing different flavours of mead too, one of the next ones I'm going to make is a ginger mead. That'll be exciting! But you see if it was beer, there's rules for microbreweries and stuff, I'd know what I'd need for a startup, what volume I'd be able to produce per year, but mead? It's anyone's guess. :o

Secondly that would be a long, LONG way off. Although it's turning out really well, my mead is just experimental at this stage, I don't really know what I'm doing, I'm just guessing and trying new things. I'm just using supermarket honey at the moment, I'd have to source a proper honey supplier if I was brewing professionally. But if I get really good at this, who knows?

It would be a long way off but I definitely think you have something. There's an opening in the drinks industry for something a bit different. Craft beer broke through, now whiskey is having it's moment. There is no reason why Links Mead can't have it's moment. You could put actual links on the bottle aswell. Not just a label, but engraved in to the glass :)

• Advertisement

*dances back into Lair*

Lots of talk of snipping and whatnot. Personally I think if you know you don't want mini versions of yourself toddling around, it is a good idea. Saves on using condoms as well, if you've got a clean bill of health and with someone long term that is.

Precisely right Paws. Shouldn't always be the lady's responsibility to see to it that unwanted pregnancies don't occur.

• Moderators Posts: 51,881 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

what's with all the hairdressing talk?

:pac:

If you can read this, you're too close!

I hear there might be a male pill on the way soon. I'd take it. Not by itself though, just as added protection against signing up for the Children's Allowance.

But it is surely an extreme measure of protection
    I mean there are other non invasive options*
    We are human beings after all... No?

* would require some training of course....

Just practice safe sex, don't give out your real name. :pac:

It would be a long way off but I definitely think you have something. There's an opening in the drinks industry for something a bit different. Craft beer broke through, now whiskey is having it's moment. There is no reason why Links Mead can't have it's moment. You could put actual links on the bottle aswell. Not just a label, but engraved in to the glass :)

Oh, with the sheer amount of people who've told me they'd love to try my mead, I've no doubt I could be onto a winner there, but moving from homebrewing a couple of small batches to a craft brewing thingie? That's a lot of ??? steps involved there. :o

Yep, exactly. The pill is great but it just doesn't suit some people and I've been told it's not a good idea to take it for a very long period of time.

We've gone all serious all of a sudden after a lot of silliness. :)

ahaahahahahh :D

• Advertisement

Joya wrote: »
    I mean there are other non invasive options*

* would require some training of course....

Condoms can fail. In fact so can all forms of contraception. So if a man absolutely does not want children then he is acting responsibly by ensuring absolutely this doesn't happen.
    It's a very personal decision.

Or just have one night stands, and bolt the morning after before she wakes up

Not that i condone those kind of shenanigans.

castration and mead, there's a metal album in there somewhere :pac:

Yep, exactly. The pill is great but it just doesn't suit some people and I've been told it's not a good idea to take it for a very long period of time.

We've gone all serious all of a sudden after a lot of silliness. :)

We can make it all silly again, if you'd like!

I hear there might be a male pill on the way soon. I'd take it. Not by itself though, just as added protection against signing up for the Children's Allowance.
    There's a product available in India called Vasagel that they're trying to keep out of "The West" cause they're making so much money on female contraception. It's an injected gel (so FAR less invasive than a surgery) and it's 100% reversible (you get a second injection and it dissolves the blockage).
    Joya wrote: »
    I mean there are other non invasive options
    I don't really get what that's supposed to mean Joya?

Nothing's 100%, condoms break, are expensive, dull sensation, etc. If you're 100% sure you don't want kids (and I am - I've been sure for 15 years), then why not save yourself a lot of bother and worry and just go for it? It's €400 you won't regret spending.

And miss breakfast are you mad?!
    castration and mead, there's a metal album in there somewhere :pac:
    Or the name of a band. :D

• Advertisement

Coming from the first year student.

:rolleyes:

You'd have plenty of breakfast throughout the night :pac:, if one catches my drift

You'll do well in college :p

We can make it all silly again, if you'd like!
    I'm sure it'll happen soon enough, lol. :p
    Shiminay wrote:
    that they're trying to keep out of "The West" cause they're making so much money on female contraception. It's an injected gel (so FAR less invasive than a surgery) and it's 100% reversible (you get a second injection and it dissolves the blockage).
    That's interesting actually. :)

****, walked right into that one, well played Ted, well played indeed.

Wait, not sure if compliment or Ted offering sagely advice.

• Advertisement

Someone's figured out how College works :P

You'll do well in college :p

Well i'm already
    in a relationship
    , sure no harm in looking :D.

Or the name of a band. :D

I'd make sure you had your breakfast :p:D

Well i'm already
    in a relationship
    , sure no harm in looking :D.

Well now! Isn't this a surprise! :)

Lithium93_ wrote:
    You'd have plenty of breakfast throughout the night , if one catches my drift
    Well as you can probably guess this has me imagining all sorts of scenarios :p

Ye didn't see that little plot twist coming :D.

Lithium93_ wrote:
    Well i'm already
    Aww! Well ya kept that one quiet! :D

Good for you though. Does she like Alter Bridge? :p

Someone's playing his cards very close to his chest... :P

Ye didn't see that little plot twist coming :D.

Aww young love is sweet. :)

Maybe it's partially cause I'm still so young, but I wouldn't really like to have kids. Main reason is my father was an emotionally abusive sack of crap, and while I don't really see myself going the same route, knowing how stuff can mess up kid's lives hasn't overly endeared me to the prospect of fatherhood.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement