Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Phibsboro

Options
  • 14-09-2015 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've read some old info on this topic and I am seeking up to date info.

I'm considering a move to the area, particularly around the Fontenoy Street and Auburn St and adjoining streets. What is it like living around these parts? and raising a baby here?

It is close to some parts of town that are less desirable and i'm wondering about crime, safety at night? safety walking to from town?

Also interested in learning about the community spirit? friendliness? communal amenities (basin, playground and football pitch, canal park).

Also would love to hear and collect any info in general on the area as a whole; pros and cons..

Many thanks..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Quite studenty in the area, not the best and certainly not the worst area in Dublin. It's really a case of having a damn good look round at different times of the day and night.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Its the less nice but more convenient end of phibsboro due to proximity to town. In really, it is the inner city. As with most of dublin city centre the real problems are if youre wandering around drunk at night, so being a responsible family person suggests that his may be unlikely (at least not on a regular basis). Other than that while it might not be the fanciest part of town Im sure you wouldnt have much trouble.

There are a good few schools around the place, but again these wiuld be city centre schools and possibly oversubscribed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Mod Note Please don't post duplicate threads in different areas of boards.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement