Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most dissapointing customer service

Options
  • 15-09-2015 8:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭

Hi Electric Ireland,

I just got off the phone with customer service and quite annoyed. When i signed up for gas and electricity with Electric Ireland last year I was told i would get a gas bill one month and an electric bill the next.. this suits me as i didnt want both bills coming out of one months salary. So this morning I checked my bank account and I'd been debited for my electric bill having paid my gas bill on the 9th of September.

So I phoned customer service this morning and was basically told i was an idiot. That electric Ireland have absolutely no control over their own billing cycles that a bill is triggered by a meter reading and that if i had issue with it to take it up with the network operators?

I'm annoyed cause I didnt have funds in the bank account the debit hits and not i will be charged a 10 euro direct debit unpaid charge by my bank)

This is bad enough but to be just dismissed by customer service is very annoying. I feel like taking my business elsewhere as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Michael

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi micks_address,

We're very sorry to read of your customer experience, but do appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

The electricity and gas billing cycles would be determined by when either ESB Networks (in the case of electricity) and Gas Networks Ireland (in the case of gas) schedule readings for a given property. The average billing cycle for both is 61 days, but this can vary a little, meaning that electricity and gas bills may be closer together at some points during the year and further apart at others.

If you have any difficulty paying both bills at once, please get in touch (either by ringing 1850 372 372, or by contacting us here on Boards) and we would be happy to arrange a payment plan to suit you. For example, we could defer one of the payments by a few weeks, provided we have sufficient notice (in the case of a direct debit, we would need approximately 5 working days notice prior to collection to defer a payment).

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask, and if you'd like us to have a look at your account, please send us the following details by private message:
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    Regards,
    David

Advertisement