Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ucd parking

Options
  • 15-09-2015 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Can you park in the visitor car park and just get a ticket from the machine to display on your car?? Or can u use the park by text?

I am getting a permit in the next 2 weeks just need to know this now please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Andru93

Can you park in the visitor car park and just get a ticket from the machine to display on your car?? Or can u use the park by text?

I am getting a permit in the next 2 weeks just need to know this now please

If you park in the visitors car parking you will have to use the pay and display machines provided there. Beware of the premium spots though Between AIB and Tierney and behind Health Science as these car at a much high rate (5€ / Hour)

Rates are (0.5€ / Hour or 3€ / Day)

We don't have any Park by Text Services in UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 OmegaRed10

I think the above info is wrong - the rate for the visitor car parks is €1 an hour/€3 a day and Ive seen park by text instructions on the side of the machine in the AIB car park. It must have been introduced at the same time as the permits.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Andru93

OmegaRed10 wrote: »
    I think the above info is wrong - the rate for the visitor car parks is €1 an hour/€3 a day and Ive seen park by text instructions on the side of the machine in the AIB car park. It must have been introduced at the same time as the permits.

I stand correct park by text is on campus now.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Cocopops2015

Andru93 wrote: »
    I stand correct park by text is on campus now.

Thanks, is the running track park by text for visitors also? What are the chances of getting parking up there if you were there by 8.30 - 9 in visitor car parks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭g0g

Looking for some quick advice please!

Heading to an event in UCD tomorrow and haven't been there in years.

1) What visitor car park is best for the Humanities Institute out behind the Arts block?
    2) Can you drive clockwise around campus towards there from the N11 entrance?
    3) Is the carpark beside the campus bank one of the premium ones or a normal?

On the website it suggests "Behind Tierney and Bank" as € 3 per day, but then in the premium car park list I see "AIB and Tierney Car Park"? Is the expensive one the one with the little roundabout at the top of it, and the cheap one that big carpark closer to the front gate?

Thanks! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Cocopops2015

g0g wrote: »
    Looking for some quick advice please!

Heading to an event in UCD tomorrow and haven't been there in years.

1) What visitor car park is best for the Humanities Institute out behind the Arts block?
    2) Can you drive clockwise around campus towards there from the N11 entrance?
    3) Is the carpark beside the campus bank one of the premium ones or a normal?

On the website it suggests "Behind Tierney and Bank" as € 3 per day, but then in the premium car park list I see "AIB and Tierney Car Park"? Is the expensive one the one with the little roundabout at the top of it, and the cheap one that big carpark closer to the front gate?

Thanks! :)

If you park over beside centra on campus it's 3 euro for all day parking and you can drive there from n11 entrance 😊

Advertisement