Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iTunes subscriptions - dodgy app getting my money

• 15-09-2015 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Hi there

I downloaded an app and it said "cancel subscription within 7 days if you do not wish to purchase".

The app was really vague with how to actually do this (it involved cancelling it in the iTunes settings on my iPhone I later found). There were no instructions within the app to do so. So it charged me

Just wondering if I can get a refund (does the 14 refund apply to cases like this). I thought it was pretty misleading

Also it seems that it renews your subscription just by opening the app. It says "The purchases restore automatically on application launch, you don't need to restore them manually"

I think this is set up to skim money off you. Is there any way I can argue this and get my money back. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Apple are pretty good at sorting out stuff like this. When you get your email receipt there should be something like 'report a problem' somewhere. Get in touch with them and they should sort it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

parc wrote: »
    Hi there

I downloaded an app and it said "cancel subscription within 7 days if you do not wish to purchase".

The app was really vague with how to actually do this (it involved cancelling it in the iTunes settings on my iPhone I later found). There were no instructions within the app to do so. So it charged me

Just wondering if I can get a refund (does the 14 refund apply to cases like this). I thought it was pretty misleading

Also it seems that it renews your subscription just by opening the app. It says "The purchases restore automatically on application launch, you don't need to restore them manually"

I think this is set up to skim money off you. Is there any way I can argue this and get my money back. Thanks!

Like Zscott said, Apple are sound on this. You should also be able to disable any auto renewals in your iTunes account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

I concur with the rest. I paid 2 quid for an app that was completely misleading and deleted it - and they refunded me no questions asked :).

Advertisement