Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group Accommodation Amsterdam

• 15-09-2015 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi All,

We have a group of 10 people, maybe a couple extra, looking to go to Amsterdam. We want to try and share a house/apartment. We want to all stay together.

We are looking to go from 18th Nov 2015 - 21st Nov 2015.

Anyone know the best place to stay? Or best website to book on? Or where NOT to go?

We will be smoking and we could be a loud group at times, so probably somewhere where stags/hens stay would suit? I dont know.

All advise would be appreciated!!

Thanks everyone!!!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

IrishEF wrote: »
    Hi All,

We have a group of 10 people, maybe a couple extra, looking to go to Amsterdam. We want to try and share a house/apartment. We want to all stay together.

We are looking to go from 18th Nov 2015 - 21st Nov 2015.

Anyone know the best place to stay? Or best website to book on? Or where NOT to go?

We will be smoking and we could be a loud group at times, so probably somewhere where stags/hens stay would suit? I dont know.

All advise would be appreciated!!

Thanks everyone!!!! :)

Sailing Barge ?

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/934060?checkin=11%2F18%2F2015&checkout=11%2F21%2F2015&guests=10&s=_KIg

Whatever you do, try not stay in an Apartment block, the Police will come around if any residents complain of excessive noise after 11.

So either it will be very difficult to find someone to rent an Apartment to 10 Irish lads on a stag or you'll have three strikes for noise and then the Police will make your visit a nightmare.

Also lots of options around those dates:

https://www.airbnb.com/s/Amsterdam--Netherlands?checkin=11%2F18%2F2015&checkout=11%2F21%2F2015&guests=10&room_types%5B%5D=Entire+home%2Fapt&ss_id=g2rrsfx0

Other option would be if you want to mostly smoke and get hammered then stay somewhere like the Bulldog hotel:

They have apartments and dorms:
    http://hotel.thebulldog.com/

Have fun !

• Registered Users Posts: 10 IrishEF

Well it's a mix of girls and fellas!!! I dont think a sailing barge would be an idea.......Dont fancy jumping in to save anyone!!! :D:D

Yeah we want to avoid Police and ****e like that, that's why I was thinking that somewhere known for Stags/Hens where people would be used to a bit of noise!! We wouldnt wreak the place, just could end up having a few late nights I'd say!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

IrishEF wrote: »
    Well it's a mix of girls and fellas!!! I dont think a sailing barge would be an idea.......Dont fancy jumping in to save anyone!!! :D:D

Yeah we want to avoid Police and ****e like that, that's why I was thinking that somewhere known for Stags/Hens where people would be used to a bit of noise!! We wouldnt wreak the place, just could end up having a few late nights I'd say!!!

Jesus lad ... if you can't handle a house boat then your going to definitely fall into one of the many canals :D

I'd say just find something on AirBNB in that case, there's a ton of stuff to chose from.

The Bulldog would be a good bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 IrishEF

Well mixing beer, smoking and staying on a barge on a canal together wouldnt end too well!!! :D:D

Had a look at that Bulldog place but their suites are for 4 people!!! Need something bigger!!! Sure ya cant be splitting up the crew!! :D

Advertisement