Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablet for kiddies

Options
  • 15-09-2015 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,391 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking for the best kid friendly tablet.. simple enough requirements but don't want it to be so under spec/buggy that it's a paperweight within a week.

8 - 10 inch screen should be sufficient and not too heavy

oh and not too expensive either..

any ideas?

chromebooks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,391 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

just realised how iffy that thread title is..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Chromebooks are not tablets

• Registered Users Posts: 24,391 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

degsie wrote: »
    Chromebooks are not tablets

indeed

thanks for that

would you care to suggest anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

lawred2 wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking for the best kid friendly tablet.. simple enough requirements but don't want it to be so under spec/buggy that it's a paperweight within a week.

8 - 10 inch screen should be sufficient and not too heavy

oh and not too expensive either..

any ideas?

chromebooks?

My advice is to for a medium range Android tablet from someone like Acer or Samsung. That way you're not spending a fortune yet you still get a machine that the adults can use as well. How old are the kids?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭AndersLimpar

I bought a cheap Chinese thing off eBay for about €70 and the kids had the screen broken on it in 2 weeks. Anyway, I learnt my lesson and bought these instead:

Samsung Tablet 3 8 inch - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Galaxy-8-inch-Black-Wi-Fi/dp/B00FEEIWEI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1442323929&sr=8-2&keywords=Samsung+tab+3+8
    Bobj Rugged Case - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rugged-Samsung-SM-T310-SM-T311-SM-T315/dp/B00EMMGAXI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1442324009&sr=8-1&keywords=Bobj+samsung+tab+3+8

12 months later both are going strong :) You can get the Tablet above for £120 if you go to the Amazon warehouse deals. I've bought plenty from the warehouse and you usually get a good few quid off for the sake of no box!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

lawred2 wrote: »
    just realised how iffy that thread title is..

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭EoinAFC

The first generation nexus 7 is perfect and in-expensive, it's not for kids per say but the price and quality make it a contender. The Hudl by Tesco is a great option for kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

We gave our daughter a Hudl a couple of years ago, they're hardy little feckers and there's quite a good range of kid resistant covers for them.

Advertisement