Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ppi bank of Ireland

Options
  • 15-09-2015 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi. Received a form to complete to Apply for a ppi refund in May. On the form it said a refund will be made and the ppi cancelled. I received a refund of which I am not Happy with as well as thatthe payment protection has not been cancelled. This is costing me 20 Euro a month and has done for the last 3+ years. Have had this since getting the card in 2005/2006.
    I have tried calling a number for ppi claims I found on here but spent 20 mins on hold.
    Please advise.
    Regards James

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

mrjcred wrote: »
    Hi. Received a form to complete to Apply for a ppi refund in May. On the form it said a refund will be made and the ppi cancelled. I received a refund of which I am not Happy with as well as thatthe payment protection has not been cancelled. This is costing me 20 Euro a month and has done for the last 3+ years. Have had this since getting the card in 2005/2006.
    I have tried calling a number for ppi claims I found on here but spent 20 mins on hold.
    Please advise.
    Regards James
    Hi James,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

Just so that we can advise you further on this, can you please clarify if the letter you received is in relation to the refund of your Card Protection Policy and not your PPI? Also, can you advise us if the payment of €20 you are being charged each month has PPI or CPP on your statement?

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mrjcred

Hi James,

Just so that we can advise you further on this, can you please clarify if the letter you received is in relation to the refund of your Card Protection Policy and not your PPI? Also, can you advise us if the payment of €20 you are being charged each month has PPI or CPP on your statement?

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi

The letter was 'compensation For your Card protection policy' provided by Homecare.

On statement is listed as Payment and purchase protection.

Is this different and how do I stop it?
    Also is there an option for stopping/ credit
    Card as I've been paying it for years without using and getting nowhere in terms of decreasing the amount.

Thanks for your speedy response
    James

Hi James,

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi

The letter was 'compensation For your Card protection policy' provided by Homecare.

On statement is listed as Payment and purchase protection.

Is this different and how do I stop it?  
    Also is there an option for stopping/ credit
    Card as I've been paying it for years without using and getting nowhere in terms of decreasing the amount.

Thanks for your speedy response
    James
    Thanks James.

We would just like to clarify that Payment Protection Policy (PPI) and Card Protection Policy (CPP) are two separate insurances. Recent notification was issued by Bank of Ireland to some customers who may be due a refund for amounts paid on credit cards to Card Protection (CPP). You can find more information on CPP refunds here.

Refunds for CPP included the following:
    • All premiums paid by you for the policy since 1st August 2006
    • Less any successful claims you had under the policy or money refunded to you in relation to a previous Card Protection complaint
    • Plus fair value interest. Bank of Ireland are giving you a fair value interest payment to compensate you for the lost use of your funds during your policy period

The average premium cost €30 per annum.
    If you have any queries regarding the redress scheme, you can contact our dedicated helpline on 1890 946 160, or from outside Ireland 00353 76 6248023. Lines are open Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm. 

Payment Protection Policy (PPI) would be a montly charge on a credit card account and should you wish to cancel PPI on your credit card account, please send your signed instruction including your credit card number to the following address:
    Clerical, Bank of Ireland, Clerical Department, PO Box 1102, Dublin 2. 

Once received, this insurance will be cancelled from your account.

If you feel you were missold PPI on any product from Bank of Ireland please write to:
    The PPI Complaints Unit, Group Customer Complaints, PO Box 1204, New Century House, Mayor St. Lower, IFSC, Dublin 1.
    You will need to include your personal details: Name, Address, Loan/Mortgage/Credit Card number, your branch, and the specific reason(s) why you are dissatisfied.

Our PPI Complaints Unit will investigate each request on a case by case basis and manage all subsequent interactions with you directly, within the agreed response times. 

If you wish to cancel your credit card, please call our credit  card team on 0818 251 251 and a representative will be happy to advise you. 
    I hope the above information clarifies this for you. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mrjcred

Ahhhh. That clears that up. Thanks
    I didn't know I was paying either ppi or cpi never mind both!

Thanks for all ur help

Ahhhh. That clears that up. Thanks
    I didn't know I was paying either ppi or cpi never mind both!  

Thanks for all ur help
    You're welcome James, we're happy to help.

If you need help with any other query please let us know. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement
Advertisement