Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downdraft

Options
  • 15-09-2015 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi folks, i recently moved into a new house with my GF. The house has not been lived in for a while, last night i lit the fire for the first time. There are two open fires in the house, the kitchen and sitting room, and they are back to back. Both of them were smoking back down into both rooms last night, but the kitchen was filling up with smoke a lot more.
    I have a feeling it is a downdraft but a few sites i visited said that if the smoke is not coming down constantly it is not a down draft, but that one chimney has a stringer pull than the other and is pulling the smoke down into it.
    Should i just get a chimney cap or should i get two chimney cowls for each fire and see how that goes?
    Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement