Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phonewatch

Options
  • 15-09-2015 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have recently ceased the monitoring on my phonewatch alarm. since then it keeps giving an error message with beeping at all hours of the day saying GSM communication fault.
    does anyone know of a way to turn it off please

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You need to request the engineer code off them to programme the digi out of it.
    What system have you got.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Batk

I have a Simon xt alarm

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its easy to do.Ill PM you the manual. But we're no longer allowed help you with the engineer code.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lennie19ieie

I am having the same issue. Every 11pm the alarm starts beeping. When you hit the info button the error you get is System Communition Failure. The difference with my alarm is that it is up to date and all bills are paid. This has been happening for quite some time now. We rang Eircom up and they said that it was something to do with connection and it happens sometimes. They advised to hit the info button, then the button to the left of it and then the info button to override this but it kees coming back at the same time every night. Any ideas what might be casuing this. Is it just a matter of calling them and getting someone to call out to have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

I am having the same issue. Every 11pm the alarm starts beeping. When you hit the info button the error you get is System Communition Failure. The difference with my alarm is that it is up to date and all bills are paid. This has been happening for quite some time now. We rang Eircom up and they said that it was something to do with connection and it happens sometimes. They advised to hit the info button, then the button to the left of it and then the info button to override this but it kees coming back at the same time every night. Any ideas what might be casuing this. Is it just a matter of calling them and getting someone to call out to have a look.

Have you got a DSL filter on the alarm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 lennie19ieie

altor wrote: »
    Have you got a DSL filter on the alarm?

Yes there is one of these in the phone sock but the filter is not in use. We do not have a home phone and broadband is through the UPC box.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭kop-end

Hi Altor,

Quick side question, I also have the Simon XT currently being monitored by Phonewatch. With the current price increases, nearly €32 pm, is there anyone else who offer a monitoring service on my system ??

Thanks

Yes.
    Shop around. Most licenced company's will be able monitor this system & probably at a better price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 nemo26

I'm having the exact same problem. My system is the Concord. It beeps every 12 hours and sometimes pressing 1 "code" 1 will not stop the beeping. It's driving the family mad.

Can't afford the monitoring anymore or the call out fees. Pls help.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Its easy to do.Ill PM you the manual. But we're no longer allowed help you with the engineer code.

How do I get the engineers code??

• Advertisement

Unfortunately we no longer allowed help you with that here.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Unfortunately we no longer allowed help you with that here.

Can I sort it out without the engineers code? I don't see any reference to the GSM unit in the manual on the Phonewatch website. Very desperate. Can't afford the Phonewatch callout fee. Does anyone have any other suggestions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

nemo26 wrote: »
    I'm having the exact same problem. My system is the Concord. It beeps every 12 hours and sometimes pressing 1 "code" 1 will not stop the beeping. It's driving the family mad.

Can't afford the monitoring anymore or the call out fees. Pls help.

Ring phone watch request the engineer code they post you our a consent forms and when you get it then you can pay another company to maintain the alarm

• Registered Users Posts: 12 maxopaxo

Can I sort it out without the engineers code? I don't see any reference to the GSM unit in the manual on the Phonewatch website. Very desperate. Can't afford the Phonewatch callout fee. Does anyone have any other suggestions ?

Change the sim card with a pre-paid one like Tesco mobile or Meteor with some (€5) credit on it. It worked for me ( I messed with the menu a bit but couldn't much without the installer's code), so for the sake of a fiver give it a go. My alarm is Simon XT though

The reason for this is the sim has being turned off so unfortunately without the code you cant as you need to delete the numbers the system is dialing out on.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Jen44

Sorry for hi jacking quick question in relation to phone watch system hopefully someone may be able to help! We recently bought a house with an un monitored eircom phone watch alarm! We have had to get a new back door put in as the other one wasn't safe and the guy who put in the door took down the alarm sensors but wouldn't put them back up! Do we need to get phone watch people to put these back up (they charge 200) or can we put the connectors back up ourselves and if so do we need to put in some code or something to the alarm? Even if I hold the two sensors together now it still says that sensor is open when we are trying to set the alarm

You should be able to put the sensor & magnet back up without the need for the engineer code.
    If the zone is just showing open try aligning the magnet to the other side or up/down a bit. Looking at the other devices should give you an idea of how they should line up.

oh great thanks so much, when the door guy was taking down the larger part of the sensor he left a big piece of timber stuck to the back of it from the old door. He said he didnt want to force it off in case it broke. Any idea how its stuck on it seems fairly stuck and I can see any screws anywhere

The cover clips off the sensor and the magnet. This will reveal the screws holding them in place.

oh great thanks so much!!feel a bit silly now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

nemo26 wrote:
    How do I get the engineers code??

Nemo we stopped this activity on the forum as it was seen as the best thing to do.
    A potentially very serious incident was highlighted to us about the potential abuse of these codes and therefore we asked people to stop giving them out and asking for them.

I'm sure there are some suppliers that could help you with your issues, there is a list of them here on the sticky at the start of this thread but that interaction would need to be carried out outside of the boards environment.

Jen44 wrote: »
    oh great thanks so much, when the door guy was taking down the larger part of the sensor he left a big piece of timber stuck to the back of it from the old door. He said he didnt want to force it off in case it broke. Any idea how its stuck on it seems fairly stuck and I can see any screws anywhere

When reinstalling there is a little notch on the side where the reed lines up with the magnet.

Oh thats great altor! Just have to hope we dont completely wreck our new door trying to get them back up now!!

Oh thats great altor! Just have to hope we dont completely wreck our new door trying to get them back up now!!

Id have someone at the door and someone at the panel lining them up before fitting if your not sure. Just set the system to make sure the zone is closed :D

Ahh it's easy enough. If they are pvc then mark up the screw points and drill with 3/32 bit and use size 5 screws.

sorry guys can I ask one more question! Does it matter whether the big sensor is on the door or the frame? On the front door the big part is on the frame but with the way the PVC back door is it might be easier to put the big part on the door and the small part on the frame?

Not really unless the door opens out.

sorry guys can I ask one more question! Does it matter whether the big sensor is on the door or the frame? On the front door the big part is on the frame but with the way the PVC back door is it might be easier to put the big part on the door and the small part on the frame?

If you do need to do the reverse make sure you test the magnet will close the reed on the device before fitting.

how do i do that altor? Is it just a matter of getting someone to hold the sensors up and someone else to turn on the alarm?

• Advertisement

Pretty much.
    If you look at how the others are aligned you will see when the magnet needs to be in relation to the contact /sensor.

Advertisement