Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phonewatch

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Jen44 wrote: »
    how do i do that altor? Is it just a matter of getting someone to hold the sensors up and someone else to turn on the alarm?

Yes basically it is. You will see on the control panel if the sensor is closed while testing. Another thing to be aware of is the sensor head needs to be readable from left to right.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Jen44

Sorry lads I'm back again!! So between everything else going on with the new house we only got around to looking at the sensor this evening! So as you had advised I opened up the sensor to get access to the screws inside! I got the first one out fine but the other one was hidden under a little box thing so at first I thought I had to release the two little screws on that box to get access to the screws ( you might remember I was saying when the guy took down our old back door he left a lump of timber stuck to the back of the sensor)! Anyhow when i released I didn't need to go near the little screws on the little square box I just tightened them back up! Now when I went to put the alarm on it said sensor 5 tampered? Is it just letting me know that someone was at the sensor or do you think I may have done something by loosening the screws on the little square box inside the sensor??

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Check the lid is closed tightly & open & close the contact to get a transmission to the panel.

so we put the sensors up, we had to do it a little awkwardly as the door has a funny lip. but the alarm is turning on fine but then goes off a little while later. When you turn it off it just says something like alarm phone communication cancelled or something similar.

photo.JPG the connectors are on the top of the door. The little one is off in this photo but its placed underneath the big one with the two little arrows on both connectors aligned

so we put the sensors up, we had to do it a little awkwardly as the door has a funny lip. but the alarm is turning on fine but then goes off a little while later. When you turn it off it just says something like alarm phone communication cancelled or something similar.

photo.JPG the connectors are on the top of the door. The little one is off in this photo but its placed underneath the big one with the two little arrows on both connectors aligned

See the part on the actual door, you never put the magnet on this.

The sensor head in the device also needs to be readable from left to right when fitted correctly.

• Advertisement

so do we need to change the big part to the door say on the side of it rather than the top?? Sorry im sure im coming across as a complete moran but what do you mean by the sensor head in the device needs to be readable from left to right?? If we put the little magnet part on the right side panel of the door and the bigger sensor on the actual door to the left of it should we be ok then?

so do we need to change the big part to the door say on the side of it rather than the top?? Sorry im sure im coming across as a complete moran but what do you mean by the sensor head in the device needs to be readable from left to right?? If we put the little magnet part on the right side panel of the door and the bigger sensor on the actual door to the left of it should we be ok then?

It should be ok the way you have it fitted once the name on the sensor head inside the unit is readable from left to right. The magnet was not in place on the door which if pin 5 on the sensor is on will need to be in place to close the sensor correctly.

Is there an indication of an open zone on the panel?

We did have the magnet in place on the door i just took it off coz the alarm went off twice over night! There was no indication of anything being open, before we put the sensor up it used to say sensor 5 back door open and we used to have to press the doors and windows twice to by pass it! But since we put the sensors up the way in the photo with the little magnet up too the alarm went on fine but it's going off after a while!? I will open the bigger sensor tmw to see if the name is readable from left to right I still don't really know what you mean by that but maybe it will become clear to me when I open it up

We did have the magnet in place on the door i just took it off coz the alarm went off twice over night! There was no indication of anything being open, before we put the sensor up it used to say sensor 5 back door open and we used to have to press the doors and windows twice to by pass it! But since we put the sensors up the way in the photo with the little magnet up too the alarm went on fine but it's going off after a while!? I will open the bigger sensor tmw to see if the name is readable from left to right I still don't really know what you mean by that but maybe it will become clear to me when I open it up

When you open the main sensor the head will have Aritect on it. this is readable from left to right. The two wires are normally facing the ground too.

Ok so you are not sure what part of the sensor is causing the issue.
    If you dont have a meter to test you can still find the fault by setting the alarm and doing below to find what is causing the issue.

If the alarm is setting with pin 5 on and no magnet in place it may be an issue with the reed switch opening and closing.

If you turn off pin 5 on the sensor it turns off the reed switch so regardless of the magnet been there is will not cause an alarm activation.

The other issue is the sensor head as this could also be causing the false alarm either. If you dont have a meter to test then you could disconnect the two wired going into the sensor head and join them together.

Your alarm should set as normal.

The heads on these sensors can be replaced if that is what is causing the issue.

Advertisement