Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4G in Dunshaughlin!?

Options
  • 15-09-2015 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭

Just checking 4G coverage and it seems there is no 4g available in Dunshaughlin. Does anyone know if there is any plans for it to come any soon?
    I am amazed to see many other small towns in Ireland having it but not Dunshaughlin. Even Ratoath seems to have it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Not an error either, I work down there and I'm on 2g all day everyday! Soon as I get on the road back, 3g followed swiftly by 4g!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

So 2 years late and no 4g (or even 3g) in Dunshaighlin.....

:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

What network?

I am with id mobile who uses the 3network.

Would i have better luck with a different network?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭niallb

Galego wrote: »

Yes. Vodafone gives me LTE 4G through a lot of the village, though Eir/Meteor is pretty patchy.

3 aren't particularly helpful to the smaller networks that they inherited from O2.
    Do you get 4G yourself when you're in Ratoath?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Check out Comreg.ie link here

This will show you what masts are near what service they provide and their power.

I live just outside trim and got 2g from 3 and moved to vodafone and get 3-4 bars of 4g which gives me speeds of about 20-30mb

EDIT : Just had a look and Dunshaughlin and it looks like meteor have the only 4G (LTE) mast in the town so try them.

niallb wrote: »
    Galego wrote: »

Yes. Vodafone gives me LTE 4G through a lot of the village, though Eir/Meteor is pretty patchy.

3 aren't particularly helpful to the smaller networks that they inherited from O2.
    Do you get 4G yourself when you're in Ratoath?
    Yes I get 4G ok in Ratoath but only 3G in Dunshaughlin. :-(

Advertisement