Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTSC-J Dreamcast for a PAL Dreamcast

Options
  • 15-09-2015 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭

ITEM: NTSC-J Dreamcast HKT-3000
    POST\COLLECTION: Collection from Celbridge area
    PRICE: Trade
    PAYMENT METHODS: A PAL dreamcast

Hey, I recently picked up an NTSC-J dreamcast without thinking about the whole PSU lark and I don't really have the patience to be waiting on a PSU for aliexpress, and I don't know where to get a stepdown cheap (If you know point me on!)
    I did turn it on once for a few seconds and it boots (this was before I copped I could've blown it) and the guy I got it from said it was grand.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Any electronics store will have a step down. I got one in Maplin for about 20 a few years ago. Just be sure to plug them out once you finish, they continue to drain power even when not in use.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Damien King

I might have a spare pal dreamcast, would be happy to trade ill dig around and check later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

I might have a spare pal dreamcast, would be happy to trade ill dig around and check later.

Great! That'd save me a nice bit of money

Any luck on that ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Damien King

airmax87 wrote: »
    Any luck on that ? :D

Hi, sorry about delay, A combination of being away and then general forgetfulness came into play....

I dug out a spare PAL dreamcast, the case is pretty yellowed with lighter patches where an attempt has been made to brighten it up again at some point so its pretty rough looking.

I tested it with a genuine game disc and all seems to be working well, it plays the intro cutscene with no skipping.

• Advertisement

Hi, sorry about delay, A combination of being away and then general forgetfulness came into play....

I dug out a spare PAL dreamcast, the case is pretty yellowed with lighter patches where an attempt has been made to brighten it up again at some point so its pretty rough looking.

I tested it with a genuine game disc and all seems to be working well, it plays the intro cutscene with no skipping.
    Sorry about making you dig it up ! , I actually just got a stepdown coverter the other day so I won't be needing it.

Mods close this thread plesae :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement