Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 visa debit cards stopped working in a week

Options
  • 15-09-2015 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

I have had 2 visa debit cards stop working in the past week. If i put them in an atm it tells me the card is damaged and contact BOI.

I have done and am receiving a new card but Id like to know if there is a known issue with Visa Debit?

Two cards going wrong is very suspicious.

FYI - my other cards are fine, my credit card, which i keep in the same wallet works fine, which is an indication that its the cards that have an issue and not where they were kept.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    I have had 2 visa debit cards stop working in the past week. If i put them in an atm it tells me the card is damaged and contact BOI.

I have done and am receiving a new card but Id like to know if there is a known issue with Visa Debit?

Two cards going wrong is very suspicious.

FYI - my other cards are fine, my credit card, which i keep in the same wallet works fine, which is an indication that its the cards that have an issue and not where they were kept.
    Hi fret_wimp2, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards. 

We're sorry to hear that you have experienced this fault with your debit cards. 

We can confirm that we have had no similar reports of this and that our Visa Debit cards should be operating as normal. While you are waiting for your new debit card to be posted, please be aware that you can withdraw funds at a branch with your account details and a valid photo ID such as a passport or driving license. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement