Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stag trip to newcastle (40+)

• 15-09-2015 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey, I have a much younger workmate and he's planning his stag trip to Newcastle, their all heading clubbing and being honest last time I was in a "club" was about 12 - 15 years ago, I;ve got to accept it as I get on well with the lads and they are great fun.

They are ultra trendy though and I'd stick out like a sore thumb *not* a bad thing I guess but I just want to be comfortably drunk and not sweaty under my usual day clothes, which are very smart casual etc and very formal, want to make an effort, as I am totally not into fashion but I am athletic and tall so stick out like a sore thumb!

So I was thinking about a black leather jacket, t-shirt (plain) decent jeans and shoes, should should I go with leather trainers, is there a expensive t-shirt (hugo boss etc) that would be acceptable or would any penny's type tshirt be enough. probably a bit naff to be going clubbing at 41 but it is Newcastle.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

RafalB wrote: »
    Hey, I have a much younger workmate and he's planning his stag trip to Newcastle, their all heading clubbing and being honest last time I was in a "club" was about 12 - 15 years ago, I;ve got to accept it as I get on well with the lads and they are great fun.

They are ultra trendy though and I'd stick out like a sore thumb *not* a bad thing I guess but I just want to be comfortably drunk and not sweaty under my usual day clothes, which are very smart casual etc and very formal, want to make an effort, as I am totally not into fashion but I am athletic and tall so stick out like a sore thumb!

So I was thinking about a black leather jacket, t-shirt (plain) decent jeans and shoes, should should I go with leather trainers, is there a expensive t-shirt (hugo boss etc) that would be acceptable or would any penny's type tshirt be enough. probably a bit naff to be going clubbing at 41 but it is Newcastle.

It's Newcastle, and it's a stag... you're overthinking things. I wouldn't go out of your way to try and adapt to fit in or anything, just go with what you'd normally feel comfortable in. You'll see all sorts over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

Might be worth your while contacting a personal shopper to help you pull some looks together. Not sure where you are based but I know there is one in Dundrum.

http://www.dundrum.ie/stores/the-dundrum-personal-style-team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

As it's a stag, are the lads planning to have same t-shirts or anything?
    That'd help to some degree! :)

Otherwise, just go comfortable. Can't go wrong with jeans and shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭mdudy

Wear whatever you want. Nice pair of jeans and a good t-shirt, you can't go wrong. If you're going clubbing though, I wouldn't recommend wearing a leather jacket, you'll be roasting in it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Not being snarky to the last poster but most clubs have cloakrooms so you could just check your jacket in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 RafalB

I guess I am overthinking, but still looking forward to it also. hopefully I remember to bring my earplugs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭mdudy

ams wrote: »
    Not being snarky to the last poster but most clubs have cloakrooms so you could just check your jacket in.

Haha, I actually had written that, and then deleted it; perhaps I was presuming too much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

RafalB wrote: »
    I guess I am overthinking, but still looking forward to it also. hopefully I remember to bring my earplugs!

Yes bring earplugs, bring a good book or magazine as well for when you are back in your hotel bed and they are all still out!

You should also look up some things to do in the morning when the kids are all still asleep / hungover and you're awake as your body clock wakes you at 6am no matter what as a consequence of having young children...

:)

Advertisement