Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to have in O'Briens?

Options
  • 15-09-2015 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

Never had it before so gonna get it tomorrow. I am the fussiest eater on the planet, I don't have butter. What could I have in I briens (that has loads of meat) can you make up ur own sandwich/roll.

Also is a ciabatta the same as a roll or can you just get a roll in O'Briens?
    Sorry for the questions, I like meats like chicken Turkey ham bacon etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Trippledecker. NOT toasted. Honestly, toasting something with coleslaw on it is feckin' disgusting.

That is all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭Confucius say

Never had it before so gonna get it tomorrow. I am the fussiest eater on the planet, I don't have butter. What could I have in I briens (that has loads of meat) can you make up ur own sandwich/roll.

Also is a ciabatta the same as a roll or can you just get a roll in O'Briens?
    Sorry for the questions, I like meats like chicken Turkey ham bacon etc.

Thanks

You're fretting about and researching what to order in a sandwich shop. How do you get by in life normally? This made me chuckle.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,865 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Trippledecker. NOT toasted. Honestly, toasting something with coleslaw on it is feckin' disgusting.

That is all.

Thsts why some add it after toasting. Works well enough then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

You're fretting about and researching what to order in a sandwich shop. How do you get by in life normally? This made me chuckle.

I like OPs approach. Research and get everything squared. Unlike those gob****es who get to the front of the queue, and then start looking at the menu and asking ridiculous questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,560 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It's a generally sandwich shop. They've a good variety of meets/salads/breads/etc.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Wrap with lots of meat and salads could be a good shout.

You can make up your own like any deli shop if something on the menu doesn't tickle your fancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I like the Hot Chicken Ciabatta. Chicken, mayo, roasted peppers, lettuce and onions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Ah jaysus...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Ask for a slab of bread with something dead in it. And milky tea. And pull up your pants - your crack is showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

• Advertisement

So how did you get on??? Are you ok???

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Love the O'Briens Breakfast sandwich, comes with a tea or regular coffee for €5.75.

We're all worried sick :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,429 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The OP has also started another thread asking for assistance as to which sock to put on first in the morning. Or if they haven't I expect them to.

As regards the sandwich... Do you want us to eat it for you too ? Btw if you do I volunteer. I like sammitches :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭Augme

I'm actually really excited about finding out how you get on tomorrow OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Me too. Perhaps Tubridy can interview the winning sandwich on the Late Late.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Tuna melt with added beetroot or pickles. Nomnomnomnomnom.

That is all.

They use to not toast anything with mayo on it. Back in the days when O'Briens was actually nice, I would ocassionally get a wrap with chicken mayo, cranberry sauce, and brie toasted, but they would put the wrap with the cheese and relish under the grill and then add the chicken after. Was so good *drool*.

Haven't been in an O'Briens in years I don't think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

O'Brien is pretty crappy and mean and expensive!

Go to Seven Wonders for amazing (and cheap) bagels or sandwiches and the best coffee in Dublin.

Edit: and Pig & Heffer for a PROPER big meaty sambo!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭malibu4u

Go to Seven Wonders for amazing (and cheap) bagels or sandwiches and the best coffee in Dublin.

you are making me hungry now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

where are both of those in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Muahahaha wrote: »
    where are both of those in Dublin?

Well, seven wonders is in the chq in the ifsc, and the other one I know of is at the other end of ifsc down a road from college of Ireland, past M&S if that helps.

P&H have a few locations, here's a Google search for ya https://www.google.ie/search?q=pig+%26+heifer&oq=pig+%26+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.6182j0j4&client=ms-android-h3g-ie&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8 check out that menu, drool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Has to be the triple decker.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

O'Briens me arse, go to a local deli for a better cheaper sandwich imo

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Dord wrote: »
    Has to be the triple decker.

They do a class deluxe triple decker with Turkey and ham. Delish.

Lettuce/Mayo/coleslaw is just wrong heated up. My local one puts that stuff in afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Ham.

And a bag of Tayto.

Hope you're OK.

Advertisement