Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flyefit Macken Street

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,589 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Hanley wrote: »
    Correct. It's been all over social the last few days.

Ah. Just saw it sprayed onto the ground this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

Figure I should just ask here rather than opening a new thread.

What's the story with dropping weights in Flyefit gyms? They have bumpers and platforms but do they allow dropping of barbells from overhead? I'm training at Hercs at the minute but I may need somewhere to train in the future that allows lifting past 19.30 so may need to find somewhere else. Flyefit would be ideal but only if they allow dropping from overhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Reps4jesus

DylanJM wrote: »
    Figure I should just ask here rather than opening a new thread.

What's the story with dropping weights in Flyefit gyms? They have bumpers and platforms but do they allow dropping of barbells from overhead? I'm training at Hercs at the minute but I may need somewhere to train in the future that allows lifting past 19.30 so may need to find somewhere else. Flyefit would be ideal but only if they allow dropping from overhead.
    No Issues with it from what I have seen, might get a few looks but nobody will come over and stop you doing it. Good few ppl there do cleans/ clean and jerk, while droping the weights and never seen anyone complain

Reps4jesus wrote: »
    No Issues with it from what I have seen, might get a few looks but nobody will come over and stop you doing it. Good few ppl there do cleans/ clean and jerk, while droping the weights and never seen anyone complain

Thanks. That's good to hear I may head out to one and try them out. Will give me a chance to chat to the staff and make sure it would be ok as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

You'll need big thumbs... Their bars are 30-31mm

• Advertisement

Hanley wrote: »
    You'll need big thumbs... Their bars are 30-31mm

Ah I knew there would be a catch. That's the end of that then!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

DylanJM wrote: »
    Ah I knew there would be a catch. That's the end of that then!

There's some good bars in some of the gyms... Day pass that **** to see.

Advertisement