Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 bed townhouse Charlesland Carpet

Options
  • 15-09-2015 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Just wondering how many sq yd's fellow 2 bed's in Charlesland were quoted for carpet fitting.

For the stairs, landing and 2 bedrooms I have been quoted 50sq yd's, I know the stairs can add up but seems a little high?

Anybody else buy carpet and can remember how many yards they paid for?

Thanks a mil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Last Out

It's 40 square metres or 30 square yards for 2 bedrooms and landing with stairs in 2 bed terrace. Measured by Breretons and Matt Britton in Kilcoole.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Hi Last Out - just so not to confuse the situation, it's 30 sq.m which converts to 35 sq.yards (this is for the upstairs and stairs area only).

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭yesap

Hi Astro/Lastout,

I was quoted 50 sq yards by Matt Britton when measured which translates roughly to Last-Outs 40 sq metres. Doesn't match to 30/35 sq yards though but assuming you got yards/metres mixed up maybe... I am sure the 50 sq yards is right, just can't figure out the calc myself, maybe something to do with the stairs....?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

My measurements are good. Unless they have to cut a longer length of the roll to suit pattern direction I wouldn't think 50 yds is needed. Its only 35 thats needed and you do need to allow for wastage - 15sq.yd of wastage is massive and you'll left with lots of large off-cuts wondering if you got a good deal. But in fairness they do need to charge you for the area of roll and not necessarily the area being carpeted (I know stairs are a pain but the allow for that headache). Still, double check the information.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Banta

Well if Last Out had it measure as "It's 40 square metres" by two different local companies, that translate to almost 44 yards. (43.7445 yards). So if quoted for 50 yards, that would be roughly 6 yards of wastage then, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭yesap

Yes I think the 40 sq metres is what is being measured by most companies so there or thereabouts for 50 sq yards. Thanks all.

Advertisement