Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Deskjet 1280

• 15-09-2015 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

Recently my computer decided to do an automatic upgrade to Windows 10. It didn't really bother me at the time until this evening when I tried to print on my HP printer. I cannot find any driver and have tried to revert to Windows but it would seem that it's over a month since it was installed.

Could anybody please help me with trying to install the driver? I really need to get it installed as I have to get a project for work completed by the end of the week.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭IrishB.ie

They are on the HP support center, here. Both 32-bit and 64-bit are available.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Leonita

Thanks. I already tried that but to no avail -:)

Is it showing in Device Manager?

Yes but my Epson one isnt

What Epson?

• Advertisement

That's my wireless A4 printer that I normally use. The HP is an A3 printer which is why I need it so badly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

Just to clarify is the Epson working and the HP isn't?

In say word or what ever program you need to print from what printers are listed when you go to print a test? Might be the HP is not set as the default

Yes that's correct. The Epson is only about 6 months old the HP is about 10 years old :confused:

Just the Epson

• Advertisement

Try unplug it for a few seconds and see if Windows will re detect it

Did you have it working in windows 8 at all? The HP that is?

Search HP 1280 driver for windows 10 in Google and check out some of those suggestions (cant copy and paste on the mobile :):) )

I had Win7 and had no problems. I will google it again later. Thanks for all of your help and suggestions so far lads.

It never detected it on Win 10 the laptop just made a sound but it didn't try to install it automatically

On of the links from Google makes mention of installing the HP 1200 drivers so that may work other thing to try with those drivers you already tried is to make sure you run them as administrator

Will try that now and see

Happy days I managed to get it working! However it does not come up in the list of printers. I just managed to print a test page

Have a look in Control Panel\ All Control Panel Items\ Devices and Printers,
    scroll down to printers and right click in the blank area, right click, add devices
    and printers, see if you can find it and add it.

Advertisement