Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pontins Holiday Parks UK

Options
  • 15-09-2015 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever been?

The TripAdvisor pages for the parks are scathing. Bad reviews all round, were talking thousands of one star reviews per site.

Would like to hear other opinions. They seem to be pretty poor.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Always went to Pontins when I was a kid and back then, they were fine.
    They were basic and a little shabby around the edge, but they were always clean.
    My Mam always used to say once a place was clean that was all that mattered.

There was never anything to do during the day; no entertainment in the day, so either have a drink in the on-site pub, The Queen Vic, or play in the playground or lose your money in the arcade because the entertainment started in the evening.

In fairness, the entertainment was always good; comedians, cabaret, singers, quizzes, bingo, audience participation shows, etc.

But like you say, the places are getting woeful reviews lately and if I were you, I'd avoid it.
    Maybe try Haven or Butlins?

Advertisement