Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mistaken identity

• 15-09-2015 7:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

A bit of a back story.... There's this girl I know from college. We would know each other through mutual friends. Wouldn't have spoken to her much. Then a while ago, I bumped into her on a night out. She was very flirty with me. Being a bit shy I never made a move! And she is very attractive I'd nearly consider her out of my league! Then there was another night we saw each other! I was kinda shocked to see her like a deer in headlights! Just managed to blurt out her name and basically embarrassed myself in front of her and her friends.

Anyways, was at electric picnic and on the last night I was rolling. Was at a small stage a turned around and there she was... She came straight over to me, started holding my hand and we ended up kissing. She was a bit worse for wear as was I so, I kept asking her if she lost her friends and all that and generally making sure she was ok.

But in my state and the dark.... I mistook her for someone else! I was convinced it was another girl that I went to college with! When I was asking her questions relevant to the life of the person, she looked at me all disgusted. Asking what? Then I was looking at her trying to figure out was this the girl I thought it was! Kept telling myself it was. She, kept up to it doing things like rolling her eyes and all that and I was wondering what her problem was... In the end we stopped at another small stage in the forest and she walked off on me and started hanging off another lad.
    I just stood there watching and she and this fella walked by me to leave. She, stopped turned around to me and motioned me to go with them. I was like... No you're alright! I'll stay put. And that was it! Over the next day or two. I assumed it was the wrong girl!
    Then a mutual friend posted a photo of them at the picnic on Facebook and that's when the penny dropped!

Have I blown any chance with this girl? At the moment she probably thinks I still don't realise who she was.

Should I send her a message on fb? What should I say? For starters I feel I need to apologise for not recognising her. Can I ask her out for a drink? I really am kicking myself over this!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

She obviously knows who you are so let her message you? She sounds like high maintenence but that's just coming from a women's perspective

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Your post is very confusing. So you really fancy some girl, you meet her a few times and can't speak as you like her so much. Then you kiss her but you don't recognise her and confuse her for someone else? How can you not recognise someone you really like? I'm confused

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

I don't think it's confusing.

Op definitely message her. Sure what do you have to loose? Don't do it via Facebook if you aren't facebook friends tho, as it will go into her spam not her messages.
    I'd keep it simple. Was lovely to see you. Would like to meet up again. Sorry if I was a bit daft at end I was confused from drink.

Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

Ah that's funny, I've had so many of those nights in my life but well in the past now. She was worse for wear herself. Do you've her number or anything? Send her a message on fb if you're friends, tell her it was a nice surprise to run into her at the picnic and that you had unfortunately begun to unravel or whatever. Then ask if she wants to go out for a drink sometime soon and you promise to be in much better shape.

anna080 wrote: »
    Your post is very confusing. So you really fancy some girl, you meet her a few times and can't speak as you like her so much. Then you kiss her but you don't recognise her and confuse her for someone else? How can you not recognise someone you really like? I'm confused

I wouldn't say I couldn't talk to her because I like her so much.... Only that I wouldn't see her that much at all (couple of times a year) and when I met her out one night I was caught by surprise and with her coming on to me the time before... I wanted to act on it and didn't know what to do or say.

As for Electric Picnic, it was dark, I was full! I saw her and quickly thought it was someone else. Then I wondered if this girl was the one who it actually was but said no because She went along with it not realising I thought she was someone else!

I know... How could I mess it up like that? but I'd barely see her and wouldn't have thought of her much! Now I do because I was with her and know there might be interest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,370 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

She fancied you and you kind of messed up. Then she made a move on you at Electric Picnic and you couldn't remember who she was.

That's kind of embarrassing for her. I get the impression she was trying to make you jealous by going off with the other guy.

You can contact her but her response depends on how pissed off she is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

if shes the sort that does be wanting thresomes she might be a bit on the wild side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I still don't really get your post op, forgive me. So you didn't actually realise the girl you had kissed was the girl you've liked for ages until a few days later, right? How did you cop? How can you be sure can even trust what you think you now know? It all sounds pretty messed up to be honest. Just forget about it and message her and ask her out for a drink. Don't mention what happened at EP, just say did you have a good time etc etc.. You can't be 100% confident that you guys did in fact kiss, so just start afresh and go from there.

anna080 wrote: »
    I still don't really get your post op, forgive me. So you didn't actually realise the girl you had kissed was the girl you've liked for ages until a few days later, right? How did you cop? How can you be sure can even trust what you think you now know? It all sounds pretty messed up to be honest. Just forget about it and message her and ask her out for a drink. Don't mention what happened at EP, just say did you have a good time etc etc.. You can't be 100% confident that you guys did in fact kiss, so just start afresh and go from there.

It wasn't like I had a crush on this girl for ages. I barely know her. She is hot though and I would have considered her out of my league.

It was definitely her though! A friend posted a photo of them at the picnic and there she was! She had this leather jacket on that I remember her wearing.

I'd mention meeting at the picnic and apologise for mistaking her for someone else. Wont mention the kiss though! Just ask if she'd like to meet up sometime!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

This has me chuckling a bit OP you poor thing :D

Look just message her (do you have her number?). Apologise for being a bit weird at EP, say you were just full, but make light of the whole situation. I'd say her own memory is a bit hazy too and she's probably a little embarrassed at how she came across. Ask her if she had a good time and just get the conversation going from there. If she's receptive and chatty then ask her out for a drink when it feels natural.

• Advertisement
Advertisement