Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help for Gaming Pc build

Options
  • 15-09-2015 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

1. What is your budget? [€xxx] About €600 can go a bit higher

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Video editing/3D Modelling/HTPC/Internet] (If gaming include which games) Games such as CSGO, GMOD etc.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes/No] No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard drive/DVD Drive/Case/PSU/etc.] (If possible state brand and model of the parts to ensure compatibility) No

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes/No] Yes

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.] 21.5+

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080/1440x900/etc.] [Yes/No] 1920x1080

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.] No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes/No] No

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser] Laser

9. When are you purchasing? [In x days] ASAP

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [South Dublin City/Cork City/Kerry/etc.] I don't need help building it.

I just want a computer that can run CSGO and stuff for now and I want the build to be upgradeable when I get the money to upgrade.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

If you are looking at video Editing etc plus a monitor I don't know if it can be done on your budget. Do you have a TV at home you could use instead of monitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 LWGDion

I could use a Tv temporarily if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

i3 4160 €120
    B85m board €50
    8gb RAM €50
    300w PSU €40
    1tb HDD €50
    Case €30
    GTX750 €100
    1080p Monitor €150
    Total €590

Best I can do. Any questions ask away.

If anyone reckons Intel 4400 can run CSGO will ye shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Leave out the monitor.

Get the xeon 1231 v3 250.

The rest of digitals build. Except psu perhaps.

And you can get a 750 TI on adverts 100.

Be around 600.

I'd splash a little more on psu for upgrading in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Go with Sterlings idea yeah, a good 500w PSU is about €60

i3 vs Xeon is Night and Day for editing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

Intel HD4400 graphics at Low 720p: 34FPS on CS:GO (such an awful game for low end systems) Dust map.
    Would the FX series be a bit better for the build, seeing as the gaming is pretty light compared to the editing? I mean, the 8350 does do better at multi-cored tasks than the i3 (I don't remember the Xeon stats) and so the loss in gaming is non-existent.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 LWGDion

Thanks for the help everyone. I will think about these and have a look around.

Advertisement