Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Youtube Channel

• 15-09-2015 8:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭

I normally hang around the GTA forum since my channel is made up of short films created in that game but since I noticed this forum has changed a bit I thought I'd drop by!

Here's my Channel

And here's my past 3 videos:

This one is my personal favourite out of the lot:

The Rockstar Editor was probably the biggest thing I was looking forward to when GTA 5 came out on PC. I never played the game before then but I was dying to get cracking on making movies in it. Spent the first few days more on the editor than the singleplayer :D

Makes a great pastime for me and I'm trying to flex my chops on creating a series (The GTA Z zombie one)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

man . love that carl sagan one. been watching his cosmos series recently adn read a couple of this books. love the guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

BGOllie wrote: »
    man . love that carl sagan one. been watching his cosmos series recently adn read a couple of this books. love the guy

I finally got my ass around to The Pale Blue Dot in my latest vid :D:

• Registered Users Posts: 26 CodeNameEagle

Carl was exceptional indeed :)
    I like your last video, pfff i wish i could start up my own channel at youtube, but with 50kb/s (max) upload speed is IMPOSSIBLE.

Carl was exceptional indeed :)
    I like your last video, pfff i wish i could start up my own channel at youtube, but with 50kb/s (max) upload speed is IMPOSSIBLE.

Thanks!

Goddamn, I guess you could upload if you plan a few weeks ahead :p

In the first Carl Sagan video I did I had a lot of people asking me how I did the astronaut bit; What mods or special effects did I in an external editor. The reality was that my method was pretty rough because I was only experimenting at the time and realised the shot came out better than expected :pac:

Had a few days off work last week so I had time to creating a load of videos and managed to churn these 2 sketches out in the meantime:

• Advertisement

Here's the 3rd episode of my zombie series, taking a slightly different route with it

2 new videos!

This one was a complete re-edit of the video I uploaded back in October, from start to finish, to fix a load of things with it so I now consider this to be the real episode 2.

Trevor upgrades his jeep, it goes horrible wrong and leads him to a familiar place :pac:

That video seems to be doing really well despite me thinking it was going to be one of my lesser videos and the humour would've been too goofy. Funny how things work like that, ya sometimes can't predict it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 wezworldgaming

Wow some really cool vids. will defo sub to your channel.

haha love that trevor one. very well done. Do you use some script over the UI or is it all done with the in-game editor ?

Wow some really cool vids. will defo sub to your channel.

Cheers, glad you've enjoyed them!
    BGOllie wrote: »
    haha love that trevor one. very well done. Do you use some script over the UI or is it all done with the in-game editor ?

For that video I used 2 mods called Simple Trainer and Scene Director.

Simple Trainer lets you do whatever from spawning vehicles and characters to just about anything really to create a scene. I use that one for pretty much most of my videos.

Scene Director is useful for recording movements for specific characters. I don't normally use that one but I used a fair bit in this video (Franklin driving off / those NPCs walking towards Trevor towards the end)

The dialogue was basically going through their entire audio files and picking whichever quotes I figured would be suitable :pac:

• Advertisement

Speaking of which, here's a HIGH Vs. VERY LOW comparison of the characters at the end of "Trevor Upgrades His Jeep" video

This one was a mod that brings the settings reeaaaaally low. You'd have to be running a potato if you're forced to use this :pac:

And then to celebrate me hitting 1K subs at the weekend, a thank you short with Trevor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I've quoted a couple posts from the GTA forum, deserves to be mentioned here.

Well done Duggy!

DubDJ wrote: »
    Good to see Duggy featured by Rockstar. Well deserved.

376594.png
    Zero-Cool wrote: »

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    I've quoted a couple posts from the GTA forum, deserves to be mentioned here.

Well done Duggy!

Thanks man, that was a major boost for motivation to see that. I've been thinking on what to do with the channel to help expand it when suddenly that happened. There's still big enough people on Twitter who are tweeting the video even as late as this morning so that video's views are still climbing. EDIT: Just seen Unilad shared it last night)

Took me nearly a year to get 1K subs and now since Sunday I've gotten an extra 250 subs:pac:

I'm currently working on Episode 4 of me zombie series which is both really fun and a pain because I'm pushing the game's engine to it's absolute limits and have to deal with frequent crashes so this makes it all worth it.

After I complete that video I'm going to start branching the channel out a small bit and throw up tutorials + do actual, proper showcasing for mods both big and small for Editor use.

congrats and well done. nice to see another channel grow. Videos are well made and I know how time consuming this can be. congrats .

Episode 4 of GTA Z series is finally up. Put a ton of work into this one and pushed the game's engine as far as I could (you reach a point where physics and animations start failing before an eventual crash)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

That looked incredible man fair play!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JoeReid

Cool Channel man.

2 videos since I was last here. Was dying sick for over 2 weeks there so production grinded to a near-halt while I chipped away making some videos.

I was testing the waters with this Behind The Scenes video of the last zombie episode. I'll probably make some more of my other videos if I have the time:

The Jump program from The Matrix bugs out.

Trevor dies and decides to have a bit of fun as ghost, terrorising Los Santos.

Can't go wrong with a bit of Predator :D

• Advertisement

Featured by Rockstar again, a great boost to motivation! :D
    X1S97KZ.png?1

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Featured by Rockstar again, a great boost to motivation! :D
    X1S97KZ.png?1

Ha that's class fair play man.

Had some time to kill yesterday so cobbled this one together:

March has been a busy month firing out these videos.

Just recently hit 2K subs so threw this one together for the milestone:

Then just released this one of a plane crash experienced from a passenger's perspective:

2 more videos!

This is a Behind The Scenes on how the Flight 27 video was made, kinda like making these kinds of videos:

This is why Trevor doesn't get invited to parties anymore :pac:

Featured again by Rockstar, savage! :D

iFkLh7N.png?1

Gearing up for my biggest project, Episode 5 of my GTA Z series which should come out to about 18+ minutes.

This trailer acts like a little recap with snippets of the new episode :)

By far my biggest project and most amount of work put into a video like this, took about a month to get this 20 minute epic together :pac:

So I had an interview with Rock Paper Shotgun a few days ago, was actually my first time ever playing Online which I had to do in order to meet up with this interviewer :pac:

Source

Oh and I've also recently joined 8-Bit Bastard, the guys who did the very first Rockstar Editor video (The Running Man). I'll be still doing shít with my own channel but have been given a good chance to broaden my horizons and work on big projects. :D

• Advertisement

New Carl Sagan video, an idea that had been in my mind for a long time so I can finally relax and stop thinking about it now that it's made :pac:

Also, somehow Nick Sagan (his son) got to see it pretty quickly and tweeted me:
    P6GWWlZ.png?1

:eek:

Excellent video Duggy as usual. Praise from Carl Sagans son as well that must have been a surprise!

kevovek wrote: »
    Excellent video Duggy as usual. Praise from Carl Sagans son as well that must have been a surprise!

Thanks man.

You're telling me, I'm not sure how he saw it because he tweeted that not long after I had uploaded it. Still, was class seeing him praise the series and thank me for doing the videos to get gamers to know him.

Absolute highlight of my time on Youtube :D

Advertisement