Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U.S. Embassy - where to store a bag

Options
  • 15-09-2015 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

i have an appointment with the embassy for Thursday morning. I'll be getting off at Lansdowne Road dart station with a backpack, a laptop and change of clothes inside. I see in the embassy's site it says don't bring any backpacks or laptops for security. My question is, anywhere in the area to store my bag for the morning? Appointment is at 8:45 so somewhere opened from 8?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

There is a security check point just before you enter the Embassy proper. They have storage there for personal items/bags that you can't bring into the Embassy itself. How big is the back pack? If it's of average size, I can't see you having a problem leaving it there.

However, if it is very big, Jurys Hotel is just across the road from the Embassy. (I think its called the D4 Hotel now.) I'm sure they would let you leave a bag there for an hour or so. Most hotels offer a left luggage service. It is a very busy hotel and there are so many people coming and going, I doubt if they would ask you for proof that you had been staying there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

They won't let you store anything much bigger than a DVD case in the embassy security. The lockers are pretty small, you can stick a purse or a handbag in there maybe a netbook or a tablet but not a full sized laptop.

It's a joke of a system. I've been on a private tour (a friend works for the VP) of the west wing of the White House and I was allowed bring in my backpack (once it was scanned by security).

There's a auctioneers across the road where I left my stuff. I took a chance and asked but they're under no obligation.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

Bit late for the OP but small bags and backpacks are allowed in the Embassy. I had an appointment there last week and didn't bring a bag, but others were there with theirs.

The storage lockers are tiny - I left my phone there. You would struggle to even fit a small tablet in there, I think.

Advertisement