Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double meter reading

Options
  • 15-09-2015 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,230 ✭✭✭

2 weeks ago meter services read our meter as they usually do. Today an esb networks van arrived and they also read our meter. He was gone before it dawned on me to ask him why when it was only reada fortnight ago? Anybody any idea why this would happen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

Grueller wrote: »
    2 weeks ago meter services read our meter as they usually do. Today an esb networks van arrived and they also read our meter. He was gone before it dawned on me to ask him why when it was only reada fortnight ago? Anybody any idea why this would happen?
    I doubt the networks van was reading your meter, that is contracted out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

He wasn't reading your meter. Chances are he was checking polarity following a switch out or he could have been doing a hazard patrol and spot checked your meter box for damage. Apologies I said "HE" when of course I should have said "he / she" as we have many women coming through the apprenticeship now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,230 ✭✭✭Grueller

Just decided this morning to view my last bill and see what reading was on it. 59608 or something like that was the reading. Looked at the meter then and the reading now is at 12 units. I assume that he (was a he) reset the meter for some reason. Just don't know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,459 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Grueller wrote: »
    Just decided this morning to view my last bill and see what reading was on it. 59608 or something like that was the reading. Looked at the meter then and the reading now is at 12 units. I assume that he (was a he) reset the meter for some reason. Just don't know why.

There's your answer - the first van must have installed a new meter, the second visit was to read it. I don't believe that meters can be reset in the field.

Advertisement