Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is SNA job good route to getting into Resource

Options
  • 16-09-2015 7:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi have interview on few days for SNA job. Any ideas questions I might be asked. Totally overqualified as I am a fully qual maths teacher. Would love to do Resource eventually, really desperate for a job and feel SNA could be good experience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Acara

Acara wrote: »
    Hi have interview on few days for SNA job. Any ideas questions I might be asked. Totally overqualified as I am a fully qual maths teacher. Would love to do Resource eventually, really desperate for a job and feel SNA could be good experience.

BTW I applied for a Resource position in the same school that i am qual to do but was told this post now filled but offered interview for an SNA position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

I honestly think you'd be better off subbing and hopefully getting resource teaching experience as a sub . The SNA rate is considerably lower. It all depends on your personal circumstances and whether you can afford to do that. It's great that the school did like you at interview and thought of you but surely they realise that it would be better for your teaching career to call you in as a sub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

As an SNA you will be looking after the physical 'care needs' of the student(s), not their education.
    I'd take the hit and hang out for some (any!) teaching experience if you can get some subbing.
    It all depends on your finances too, (risk vs' reward and all that). You could do solid work as an SNA for a whole year but still not have any opportunity to do some subbing, whereas you could be waiting for subbing for months and maybe only get a few days... but then again you'll have it on a CV and have some experience.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I work in the SEN area in primary, I would say no.

Advertisement