Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temperature Control Issues & Tips Thread

Options
  • 16-09-2015 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I think we should have a sticky thread just for temp control, since its its own thing with its own set of issues?

Mods can sticky this or simply start a new thread, or not, whatever suits!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

OK, so I have a big problem with the eVic VT and nickel coil builds I have tried so far (on build no. 3).
    Its just not satisfying in any consistant way.

I am using the VT, set at anything between 30-60w, and temps between 380-500.
    Steamcrave Aromamizer RDA.
    Nickel wire, 30gauge (.25mm).

I have tried plain nickel micro coils, plain nickel spaced coils, twisted spaced coils and the coils have been coming out at around .14 to .20.
    Organic cotton wick, fairly loose so as to be able to pull through without destroying the nickel coils.

My current build is twisted nickel, 8 wraps spaced and is reading .20 on the VT.
    I have it set currently to 40w, and 500'F (though I'm fiddling these settings all the time trying to get it right).
    Its firing and I'm getting one nice hit, or two, then nothing, then a hit, then nothing.
    Its so infuriatingly inconsistant though.

Can anyone with any experience, especially with the VT, give me any pointers or help? Also, it hardly ever offers 'new coil/old coil' even when I unscrew the atty and it reads a different res when screwed back on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

I unlock the resistance before I unscrew the atty.
    Remove the atty.
    Then press fire for five seconds with no atty then pop on the new atty.
    That sequence always works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

The Aromamizer has an adjustable 510 pin,is it screwed in tight-ish,I have only used subtanks & ego one mega's on my VT's,so I can't really say what is causing this,does the subtanks work ok with a nickel build on the RBA base,they should cos mine do,just sounds like the Aromamizer has a fault working with the VT,the Aromamizer might work with other mods,they can be funny at times.

The Aromamizer has an adjustable 510 pin,is it screwed in tight-ish
    Yeah I saw the 510 pin was flush with the threaded part, which gave me a jump, I mean, imagine screwing that onto a hybrid, or direct battery connection type mod?
    Clouds, only of the mushroom variety.

11214 wrote: »
    I unlock the resistance before I unscrew the atty.
    Remove the atty.
    Then press fire for five seconds with no atty then pop on the new atty.
    That sequence always works for me.
    Actually that worked a treat thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

I only started using the evic40 a bit the other day with a subtank and find it a bit hit and miss as well, maybe it's just me who needs practice but even when it is at it's best I find the Subox RBA better using subtanks with exact same juice the RBA wins no contest so far

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Good Thread , given that I received my eVic Mini TC this morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

jonski wrote: »
    Good Thread , given that I received my eVic Mini TC this morning :D

It's my favourite mod, you'll love it.
    I got the version with the mega tank, didn't rate the tank until I started using rebuilt CLR heads - now it's actually quite a rocking little device, especially with Nickel builds.

JH_raheny wrote: »
    I only started using the evic40 a bit the other day with a subtank and find it a bit hit and miss as well, maybe it's just me who needs practice but even when it is at it's best I find the Subox RBA better using subtanks with exact same juice the RBA wins no contest so far
    eVic 40?

Didihno wrote: »
    eVic 40?

iStick40 that should of course have been :o

• Advertisement

What happens when you say hit or miss for the istick 40.

What happens when you say hit or miss for the istick 40.

sometimes I get great vape from it and then other times TC just constantly kicks in after 2 seconds, tried different temp but it is probably just me who havenøt learned to use it properly yet

sometimes I get great vape from it and then other times TC just constantly kicks in after 2 seconds, tried different temp but it is probably just me who havenøt learned to use it properly yet

Sounds like it's not wicking properly - what device are you using on your TC40?

EDIT.

You're using a subtank mini - what head OC or RBA? If it's the RBA is it the newer version with the holes?

using it with premade coil either TI200 or NI200 whichever it was recommended for TC 0.15 ohm

Are you locking in the resistance.

using it with premade coil either TI200 or NI200 whichever it was recommended for TC 0.15 ohm

Those coils have a difficult job keeping up with the juice that's needed, they're infamous for the resistance jumping around too.

Get some Ni200 or Titanium wire and build your own, TC is much more stable in the RBA than it is on the pre-mades.

mrplop wrote: »
    Those coils have a difficult job keeping up with the juice that's needed, they're infamous for the resistance jumping around too.

Get some Ni200 or Titanium wire and build your own, TC is much more stable in the RBA than it is on the pre-mades.

Cheers man, I'll get some NICE wire, just got a few coils to try, seems like money wasted

It's my favourite mod, you'll love it.
    I got the version with the mega tank, didn't rate the tank until I started using rebuilt CLR heads - now it's actually quite a rocking little device, especially with Nickel builds.

Any Irish vendors stocking that CLR head as the mega tank did come with the kit .

Any Irish vendors stocking that CLR head as the mega tank did come with the kit .

Efag.ie has them - get the .5 kanthal and use it before you rebuild with nickel - I was impressed by it's performance.

Efag.ie has them - get the .5 kanthal and use it before you rebuild with nickel - I was impressed by it's performance.

How are you finding the mini with other tanks ?, it seems to be reading the resistence wrong on my Kayfun , subtank and nautilus .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭nuttyboy79

Have to agree with mrplop. I'm really liking the Subtank with a nickel build in the RBA, the Mega with the CLR performs really well too. 11/12 wraps around a 2.5mm bit Fiber Freaks cotton down the middle perfect everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

I can't for life of me find my RBA head for the subtank and i really want to try TC on the DNA 40. I don't think it was a v2 anyway, does anywhere local stock just the RBA head or am i better off hitting fasttech?

How are you finding the mini with other tanks ?, it seems to be reading the resistence wrong on my Kayfun , subtank and nautilus .

Not had any problems with incorrect readings - you will get some jumping around with the readings once you start vaping, especially with Ni.
    The Kayfun V4 is a pig for jumpy readings because of the spring and the Subtank jumps about with the OC coils but it's consistent with the RBA.

morritty wrote: »
    I can't for life of me find my RBA head for the subtank and i really want to try TC on the DNA 40. I don't think it was a v2 anyway, does anywhere local stock just the RBA head or am i better off hitting fasttech?

ESI and Bestshop have them but they're €12 a pop, not the vendors fault but Kanger for charging so much for 'em.
    I got some clones from Fasttech and they only cost a couple of Euro each - had to wait an age obviously. The clone RBA's were on the money including the packaging and engravings.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/611-kangertech-mini-rba-plus.html

€12 for it there

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10014112/2390700-authentic-kangertech-subtank-mini-rba-plus-coil

$6.30 and shipping free

I have the first version Subtank mini RBA that you are most welcome to have...never used.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

I have the first version Subtank mini RBA that you are most welcome to have...never used.

If youre sure, id be more than happy, PM me some details and i can throw a few quid to cover it and postage.

Ah, thought I'd missed a device along the way!

Well I rebuilt the Aromamizer with the .25mm nickel.
    This time I twisted the wire doubled up and it made a fair difference to the performance, not to mention the strength of it.
    The 8-9 wrap coil (spaced) came out at .2ohms, and after vaping a bit it has gone down to .14?
    What I'm noticing is the very centre wraps seem to be burning up a bit compared to the rest. See attached pic.

Oh, and how are you guys cleaning your coils?
    If you can't dry burn like Kanthal then what? Hot water and a gentle swab with cotton bud?

• Advertisement

Are you locking in the resistance.
    Was that for me?
    If so, yeah I'm locking it in.

Advertisement