Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temperature Control Issues & Tips Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

JH_raheny wrote: »
    Seeing a lot of worryingly inconsistent info coming out about nickel wire.
    Not sure its a safe thing to use now.
    This is one where we need the science to be done urgently.

I'm using .25mm by a brand called crazy wire or something (got it in ecirette).
    The wire itself is quite hard to work (very, very soft) with unless you double it up and twist it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

Didihno wrote: »
    Seeing a lot of worryingly inconsistent info coming out about nickel wire.
    Not sure its a safe thing to use now.
    This is one where we need the science to be done urgently.

I'm using .25mm by a brand called crazy wire or something (got it in ecirette).
    The wire itself is quite hard to work (very, very soft) with unless you double it up and twist it.

I'm not building my own coils with nickel anymore I'm just sticking with pre made coils for tc and using kanthal for my regular builds.
    I have had to change my juice mix to 50/50 for better wicking in tc though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

morritty wrote: »
    If youre sure, id be more than happy, PM me some details and i can throw a few quid to cover it and postage.

Just PM me your address,we'll call it an early Xmas present :D:D:D

JH_raheny wrote: »

That wire is fine,very hard to get anything above 99.5%,I did get mine from Cigreen at 99.6%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

Just PM me your address,we'll call it an early Xmas present :D:D:D

Thanks a mill mate, Pm has been sent.

slightly off topic, has anyone any recomendations for an easy but good NI200 build on a subtank head? and a Plume Veil RDA. It has to be 0.1 or over to work with a DNA 40 and what gauge wire should I buy? I can pop into ecirette on the way home from work.

Thanks a mill mate, Pm has been sent.

slightly off topic, has anyone any recomendations for an easy but good NI200 build on a subtank head? and a Plume Veil RDA. It has to be 0.1 or over to work with a DNA 40 and what gauge wire should I buy? I can pop into ecirette on the way home from work.

2.5mm bit - 9 wraps - 28 AWG = 0.1

have a play with this http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp?mat=ni200&r=0.1&awg=28&id=2.5

2.5mm bit - 9 wraps - 28 AWG = 0.1

have a play with this http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp?mat=ni200&r=0.1&awg=28&id=2.5

Ill give it a go later on.

11214 wrote: »
    I'm not building my own coils with nickel anymore I'm just sticking with pre made coils for tc and using kanthal for my regular builds.
    I have had to change my juice mix to 50/50 for better wicking in tc though.
    I have seen this elsewhere on the net too, what is the point of doing that though?
    Its still nickel!

Unless its Titanium.

Well, picked up some nickel wire, all they had was 32AWG so made that work have a dual coil in a Plume Veil running 0.12 at 25W and 480F.
    Damn its a good vape. Coils look awful but it works for now, I'm sure ill get better at it over time. Anyway.....Some pics

B775884E-24FE-44BD-94AC-7AF201C92853_zpsarapzhkc.jpg
    B16FA502-3CED-4250-A33D-FCAEEF3FE5E5_zpsmtdkzheb.jpg
    A780C964-1D28-4A12-838D-48B2B0B8BAFA_zpsb58q9pzb.jpg

• Advertisement

Nothing wrong with those coils,perfect resistance,nickel is hard to work with,any problem tightening down the plume veil screws,they look good,other rda & rta can be a pain with their screws,I always try to use the screw head if there is enough room to connect nickel.
    Nickel & Titanium need a good tight connection to archive a stable resistance,titanium wire has a higher resistance than nickel,so less wraps or bigger bit.
    I haven't tried building with titanium yet because I can't find it anywhere here on an Irish site.

Nothing wrong with those coils,perfect resistance,nickel is hard to work with,any problem tightening down the plume veil screws,they look good,other rda & rta can be a pain with their screws,I always try to use the screw head if there is enough room to connect nickel.
    Nickel & Titanium need a good tight connection to archive a stable resistance,titanium wire has a higher resistance than nickel,so less wraps or bigger bit.
    I haven't tried building with titanium yet because I can't find it anywhere here on an Irish site.

The Plume Veil wasnt bad to work with, I tried a mutation x V2 and that had grub screws but i couldnt find the right allen key. I was able to screw down with a little blue screwdriver but I couldnt get it tight enough so....that to me is an excuse for a new dripper haha.

I think maybe ill order some 28AWG too it might be a little easier to work with and especially with the cotton, that is a bloody pain.

I noticed IrishVape has Titanium wire for 2.20, they say 26AWG but it doesnt say how long, I guess work a shot for for just over 2 euro http://irishvape.com/product/titanium-wire-ti/?v=79cba1185463

Well, picked up some nickel wire, all they had was 32AWG so made that work have a dual coil in a Plume Veil running 0.12 at 25W and 480F.
    Damn its a good vape. Coils look awful but it works for now, I'm sure ill get better at it over time. Anyway.....Some pics
    Hey I'm famous!

Nowt wrong with the coils, if they work, they are good enough IMO.
    If you have a battery drill I'll tell you what, you should try twisting the wires.
    Adds huge amount of durability and usability.
    Also, for perfectly spaced coils I picked up a tip online about using a finely threaded screw or bolt to wrap around. Works a treat, perfectly spaced coils every time, plus a sturdy placement tool to hold the coil while you screw it in.

Hey I'm famous!

Nowt wrong with the coils, if they work, they are good enough IMO.
    If you have a battery drill I'll tell you what, you should try twisting the wires.
    Adds huge amount of durability and usability.
    Also, for perfectly spaced coils I picked up a tip online about using a finely threaded screw or bolt to wrap around. Works a treat, perfectly spaced coils every time, plus a sturdy placement tool to hold the coil while you screw it in.

You know you've made it when a picture of your Boards username shows up on Boards :pac:

ill try the screw or bolt idea, i seen a video kast night, ill try find the link, but the guy wrapped cotton around a nail then wrapped around some 32AWG, thats also something on the list to try.

Really regret not bringing the plume veil to work, such a good vape but a pain to have to drip outside and carry bottles, sooner I coil up a tank the better

You know you've made it when a picture of your Boards username shows up on Boards :pac:

ill try the screw or bolt idea, i seen a video kast night, ill try find the link, but the guy wrapped cotton around a nail then wrapped around some 32AWG, thats also something on the list to try.

Really regret not bringing the plume veil to work, such a good vape but a pain to have to drip outside and carry bottles, sooner I coil up a tank the better
    I'm off to find an underling to take care of my postings in future, I'm soo above you lot now.

I'm off to find an underling to take care of my postings in future, I'm soo above you lot now.

I demand royalties for putting you on the map.

I demand royalties for putting you on the map.
    You'll get a footnote in my memoirs.
    A very foot note.

You'll get a footnote in my memoirs.
    A very foot note.

Deal :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

I have seen this elsewhere on the net too, what is the point of doing that though?
    Its still nickel!

Unless its Titanium.

It is from reading around and from what grim said but I'd differ somewhat in that I enjoy a vape with nickel.
    Saying that I have had a mouthful of what I guess was hot nickel previously on an own built coil.
    Investment wise I only spent around €10 on a coil of nickel but I still have six boxes of prebuilt nickel coils which cost a few bob but I've never had a bit of trouble with them.
    I'm going to vape through them for the time being and then swap back to regular coils.

11214 wrote: »
    It is from reading around and from what grim said but I'd differ somewhat in that I enjoy a vape with nickel.
    Saying that I have had a mouthful of what I guess was hot nickel previously on an own built coil.
    Investment wise I only spent around €10 on a coil of nickel but I still have six boxes of prebuilt nickel coils which cost a few bob but I've never had a bit of trouble with them.
    I'm going to vape through them for the time being and then swap back to regular coils.
    Yeah I'm just not sure (is anyone?).
    I mean, the properties of nickel require a temperature three time what we vape it at to melt, unless its being vaped in an extremely acidic liquid, which I think is physically impossible to vape, because extremely acidic.
    I'll finish out my nickel wire anyway, only another 8 metres to go, and see what happens next.

• Advertisement
Advertisement