Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did Eircom change to EIR, new website?

Options
  • 16-09-2015 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

I was looking to login into my email online to suprise Eircom is now eir.net  

Is this a new company now? 

Just a little feedback, website is horrible, I wasn't even sure If I was on the right site, completely different logo, some sort of Fedex rip off logo in the middle, absolutely shocking website, well done again. 

At least eircom could have notified its users of the such change. 

ob0axe.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

That isn't the eircom webmail site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Saw no advertising at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Xpro

jca wrote: »
    That isn't the eircom webmail site.
    It is, cause I logged in the end, I was very sceptical about putting my details into something that I never heard of before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Sorry about that I was only on the original site at midnight last night I must have been one of the last to use it... Actually I rarely use my eircom.net email anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Kurn

Not sure about the name, website looks good, nice and fresh, eircom website was getting a bit clunky

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

It was announced in the news a couple of weeks ago that there would be a rebrand, not sure they gave the date at the time though.

https://twitter.com/eir/status/644085223639019520

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

So they relied on a News program to let people know? I saw it this morning when i tried to login and in all honesty i thought their site had been hijacked and i was very slow to put in my details.
    EX Eircom, well done lads, you had a great opportunity to let us know this was coming, just leaves a bad taste now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

Its an attempt to shake off the bad reputation eircom have, sadly a name change wont fix grossly incompetent staff and shameful practices

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

True. New name is the only thing that will have changed with them. They can hide behind a new name a logo but it's still the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Only discovered the rebrand had taken place today myself.. not convinced by the new name at all and I know the trend these days is to default every website for tablets and fingers but FFS, for those of us on a laptop or using a monitor it's a mess of scrolling and wasted screen space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Bog Standard User

its www.eir.ie NOT www.eir.net which is an italian isp

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

kub wrote: »
    So they relied on a News program to let people know?
    <snip>
    EX Eircom, well done lads, you had a great opportunity to let us know this was coming, just leaves a bad taste now.

I left Eircon years ago thank God.
    Looks like they still crap all over their customers :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭kooga

€16 million the cost of the rebrand and i see phone and broadband budles gone up in price.

will be moving to voda or sky when my contract is up

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

How are you all pronouncing it, it's coming out errr for me, get a socttiosh sheep farmer feeling when I say it....

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

How are you all pronouncing it, it's coming out errr for me, get a socttiosh sheep farmer feeling when I say it....

Its pronounced eir as in error.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Air.

First we'd Irish Water and now we've Irish Eir!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭racersedge

I assume in a couple of years they will shorten it down to the phonic sound of 'E' as a brand name...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Jaysus, the rebranding cost €16m, I thought it was a piss take!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Whoever signed off on this rebrand should be fired. For example, look at the Welcome sticky ...

I surely can't be the only one who reads it as "Talk to... errrr Customer Support"

Now what does that suggest? Errors/mistakes... does the company not have enough of an issue with public perceptions like this without inadvertently acknowledging it too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Rock 1234

Now that Eircom has rebranded at a cost of 16 million euro, Does that mean that Eir will be treating their customers fairly and squarely and with respect as they justly deserve as a valued customer or potential customers ? 

Out with the old and in with the new ! Let's forget about the past. ?

Will Eir be sending customers from Billy to Jack As Eircom did.?

Will all complaints be dealt with within the ten-day timeframe ?

Will Eirr still continue to use dept collectors to collect monies that customers claim they do not owe without a thorough transparent internal investigation ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭StonyIron

I should have become a rebranding consultant!

All you need it a big crayon : Google, Eir, EE ... All done with crayons.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭dpe

kooga wrote: »
    €16 million the cost of the rebrand and i see phone and broadband budles gone up in price.

will be moving to voda or sky when my contract is up
    That's not an unusual cost for a rebrand. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭booooring!

Terrible broadband, pity people who can't get UPC.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

It's Choco Crispies all over again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

how can it have cost 16 million and nobody heard anything about it? So i'm guessing that they will be putting up their prices to cover this fiasco? 

EIR actually have a few meanings, It means Help/mercy  usually associated with been hurt and begging for help.

Or modern one,  E.I.R.   Entrepreneur in Residence in Law firms or Business Schools that is usually temporary and not formal. (sounds about right)

Looks like they actually got the re branding right

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭dpe

Skatedude wrote: »
    how can it have cost 16 million and nobody heard anything about it? So i'm guessing that they will be putting up their prices to cover this fiasco? 

EIR actually have a few meanings, It means Help/mercy  usually associated with been hurt and begging for help.

Or modern one,  E.I.R.   Entrepreneur in Residence in Law firms or Business Schools that is usually temporary and not formal. (sounds about right)

Looks like they actually got the re branding right
    Why is it a fiasco? This is what rebrands cost. Every shop, every sign, every office, every van, every bit of point-of-sale, every website, every staff t-shirt, every bill header and document, all needs rebranding. Plus the cost of coming up with the creative (whether you like it or not), but relative to the grunt work of getting everything redone, that's actually a small part of the cost. When UPC rebrand to Virgin they'll face a lot of the same costs, except the original creative. 

• Registered Users Posts: 19 fuzzby100

I suppose anyone that works there will be known as an Eirhead.

Advertisement