Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1000Mb fibre

Options
  • 16-09-2015 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    We recieved an email yesterday telling us we could now access the new 1000Mb fibre service but when we go online to buy the website says we can only have up to 30, could you help please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KD11

cadete wrote: »
    Hello,
    We recieved an email yesterday telling us we could now access the new 1000Mb fibre service but when we go online to buy the website says we can only have up to 30, could you help please?

A lot of people got the same email. They send it to everyone who registered their interest in it. Some houses in your area can get it but they have only just started rolling it out. Keep checking the availability online and keep an eye out for roadworks in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

KD11 wrote: »
    A lot of people got the same email. They send it to everyone who registered their interest in it. Some houses in your area can get it but they have only just started rolling it out. Keep checking the availability online and keep an eye out for roadworks in the area.

Kn have been cabling in my area over the last 9 months which is why I assumed it was available when I got a mail offering a special offer to sign up to it before the end of October,

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KD11

Kn have been cabling in my area over the last 9 months which is why I assumed it was available when I got a mail offering a special offer to sign up to it before the end of October,

Yeah I got the same offer. Rang them and they said its not avaiable yet but to keep an eye on it. Some estates in my town have it already so it is been rolled out fairly quickly. Kn may have been doing work on FTTC. If you are in one of first towns to get ftth I'd say give it a month.

KD11 wrote: »
    Yeah I got the same offer. Rang them and they said its not avaiable yet but to keep an eye on it. Some estates in my town have it already so it is been rolled out fairly quickly. Kn may have been doing work on FTTC. If you are in one of first towns to get ftth I'd say give it a month.

Yea they were working on fibre all the way to the house, we are in one of those towns that's why I'm asking,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

Hello,
    Hi cadete
    these mail are to announce coming availability however service launch is not until Oct 05. At the moment eir are accepting pre-orders for the areas where this will be available.
    Tony

• Advertisement

eir: Tony wrote: »
    Hello,
    Hi cadete
    these mail are to announce coming availability however service launch is not until Oct 05. At the moment eir are accepting pre-orders for the areas where this will be available.
    Tony
    thanks for the reply tony, how can we preorder? the link on the email doesnt bring us to a preorder page and when we called we were just told its not available yet. Could you point me to somewhere I can preorder? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭ahbell

Is there anywhere you can see where & when rollouts are planned, like with the old efibre map? 

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Hello,
    Hi cadete
    Tony
    If you can pre-order your sales team know nothing about it. I was just told it's not available and to check again in a couple of weeks. Very bad form to send out emails saying it's available when it's not. 

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭sibergoth

can't wait to get it myself here in Ennis..   there's been a load of roadworks nearby lately, but the website says my house can't get it yet.

i'll be checking it constantly til i get 1000Mbps !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

I'd be really over the moon to get 10mbps...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Yep, I have to sit next to the modem in the hall for 22mbps, 8 ft away and its 4 mbps, 12 ft away and I've no connection (stronger signal from my neighbours across the road). To think I'm paying for 70mbps.

Think the 1000 mbps, they might as well say 10'000 mbps so long as those two magic words "UP TO" go before the number.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

Yep, I have to sit next to the modem in the hall for 22mbps, 8 ft away and its 4 mbps, 12 ft away and I've no connection (stronger signal from my neighbours across the road). To think I'm paying for 70mbps.

Think the 1000 mbps, they might as well say 10'000 mbps so long as those two magic words "UP TO" go before the number.
    Ah that's different, WiFi is crap and is your bottleneck there. I can't get anything like 22mbps to my door, despite being in a "Fibre enabled area".

you should look at your wifi set up locally..   

try plugging in an ethernet cable to your system - you'll get full speed...

since i got my eFibre, 90Mbps capable, i have been getting a solid 90Mbps constantly, day and night,  believe me, i have done hundreds of speedtests to make sure it isn't a dream !

anyway - you can't blame eir(com) for your own wifi issues.  

- reading your post again CarrickMcJoe,  if you get a stronger signal from elsewhere, i'd say your eircom modem may be either knackered or set up wrongly.

I got a new one installed 2 weeks ago and i have the option of 2.4 or 5Ghz.  my modern equipment is capable of 5Ghz.  I get the full 80-90Mbps throughout the house using 5Ghz...  older devices connect via the 2.4Ghz wifi signal and get around 20-30Mbps.

I would recommend trying a cable connection to make sure you are getting what you pay for... if that helps, then look at wifi repeaters/boosters etc...

Hello,
    Hi cadete
    Tony
    thanks for the reply tony, how can we preorder? the link on the email doesnt bring us to a preorder page and when we called we were just told its not available yet. Could you point me to somewhere I can preorder? Thanks
    Any chance I could find out how to pre order please? didnt get a reply to the quoted post

i would also like to pre order if possible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hello,
    Hi cadete
    Tony
    Can you confirm what area you are in cadete?

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

ahbell wrote: »
    Is there anywhere you can see where & when rollouts are planned, like with the old efibre map? 
    Hi ahbell, 

I'm afraid we don't have this available as of yet. If you would like to query it the sales team on 1800 503 303 will be able to assist you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi Tracy I'm in the solomons court area of Letterkenny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi Tracy I'm in the solomons court area of Letterkenny
    Perfect, thanks. 

It will be enabled in the Letterkenny exchange as from the 5/10. I'm afraid we have no link to pre-order, the sales team on 1800 503 303 will be able to help you with this. 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Thanks

Tracey 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭icylava

Hi Tracey/Tony/Alan/Aisling,  what's 1000M broadband availability like in around Castletroy area in Limerick?

these are the first areas to get it.... 

https://www.eir.ie/extreme

• Drogheda
    • Castlebar
    • Ennis
    • Tralee
    • Cavan
    [*]
    • Letterkenny
    • Carrigaline
    • Kilkenny
    • Naas
    • Greystones
    [*]
    • Sligo
    • Douglas
    • Sandyford
    • Wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭icylava

sibergoth wrote: »
    these are the first areas to get it.... 

https://www.eir.ie/extreme

• Drogheda
    • Castlebar
    • Ennis
    • Tralee
    • Cavan

• Letterkenny
    • Carrigaline
    • Kilkenny
    • Naas
    • Greystones

• Sligo
    • Douglas
    • Sandyford
    • Wexford

[*]
    Thanks for the link! I wonder why major cities are being left out?

hi, 

I thought I read somewhere that Ennis, Co. Clare, would be 'extreme' enabled starting around October 5th... did i dream that or is it true?

I just checked my house again for the 1000Mbps FTTH service and it still says not available yet..

any idea when it will be launching in Ennis ?

many thanks.
    Adam

any idea when the extreme service will be launching in Ennis ?

still not available at my address :(

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

Just on this guys, My area was enabled on the 5th of October for 1gb and when that happened it i received a mail from an automated eir system telling me my BB package was changing. All good, when i got home my current efibre would not connect so i rang eir and they told me that the new system took over and they couldn't enable my old efibre as i will have to wait for an engineer to install the new service... Its now the 21st and i still don't have BB. I have been on the phone nearly every day and its so frustrating dealing with the customer service who have no idea whats going on. Im pretty much just telling them look at the notes on the file but most of them tell me i will just have to wait. As of last friday i have been told (me ringing them as they havent reached out once) that my installation date is the 28th so nearly a month with no broadband and this is even if the installation happens with out some "unforeseen events" which will prevent it from happening. This has been the most frustrating experience for some time and i hope that the 1gb will be worth it...

oh man.. balls to that... i absolutely MUST have a seamless switch over same day.  I 100% rely on my broadband for work...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭swoofer

nexus, had you actually ordered the new FTTH?   And has a fibre cable been laid to your house??  Were you part of a trial by any chance?

It does not make sense.

hope your sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

swoofer wrote: »
    nexus, had you actually ordered the new FTTH?   And has a fibre cable been laid to your house??  Were you part of a trial by any chance?

It does not make sense.

hope your sorted
    Yes i ordered FTTH as my area was set to be enabled at the beginning of this month. So when the go live date came the eircom gigabit system took over and caused all this mess. I will have an engineer out on Wednesday next week and so should have some clarity on the situation. I will update here once its installed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

Nexus wrote: »
    swoofer wrote: »

It does not make sense.

hope your sorted
    Yes i ordered FTTH as my area was set to be enabled at the beginning of this month. So when the go live date came the eircom gigabit system took over and caused all this mess. I will have an engineer out on Wednesday next week and so should have some clarity on the situation. I will update here once its installed.
    Hi Nexus, apologies for the confusion over provision of this. Let me know here if you have any further issue with this, or if any further delay and we will chase immediately.
    Tony

Advertisement