Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why am I being billed?

Options
  • 16-09-2015 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

I signed up for Eircom home fiber & phone but cancelled within the 2 weeks cooling off period. I called to confirm my cancellation and this was acknowledged over the phone and I received a cancellation email. Today I received a bill that will be direct debited...

Why am I being billed? it should be a simple process to cancel within the cooling off period. Please can you check my account. I will PM my account number when someone replies, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

Hello? Anyone working today? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Cancel the DD before it goes through.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭October

The same thing happened to me. Keep a record of all communications you have with them, names/times etc. I had a nightmare time with them and conveniently for them they could not trace any of my phone calls. Eventually they accepted I had cancelled within the cooling off period until six months later they were charging me about €500 odd for cancelling before my contract was up! More phone calls, agreed again I cancelled within cooling off period. Six months later in contacted by a debt collection agency!

Cancel the DD before it goes through.
    No DD has gone through the account yet so I can't cancel, they will bill later this month.

Oh no, this is what I was afraid of. Thanks, I'll keep a record of everything so far and hopefully they sort this. Why is the colling off period even available if they can't deal with people actually cancelling?
    October wrote: »
    The same thing happened to me. Keep a record of all communications you have with them, names/times etc. I had a nightmare time with them and conveniently for them they could not trace any of my phone calls. Eventually they accepted I had cancelled within the cooling off period until six months later they were charging me about €500 odd for cancelling before my contract was up! More phone calls, agreed again I cancelled within cooling off period. Six months later in contacted by a debt collection agency!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

dutopia wrote: »
    I signed up for Eircom home fiber & phone but cancelled within the 2 weeks cooling off period. I called to confirm my cancellation and this was acknowledged over the phone and I received a cancellation email. Today I received a bill that will be direct debited...

Why am I being billed? it should be a simple process to cancel within the cooling off period. Please can you check my account. I will PM my account number when someone replies, thanks.
    Hi dutopia
    apologies for late reply. Can you PM me with your details and I will chase this for you.
    Tony

eir: Tony wrote: »

Hi dutopia
    apologies for late reply. Can you PM me with your details and I will chase this for you.
    Tony
    Hi Tony,

I PMd. Any update? Thanks.

I guess I'm one of the 28% that doesn't get a response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi dutopia, 

Apologies for the delays. 

I've checked this account and I can see the cease has been processed and this bill was sent in error. I have waived it so it will not come out of your bank account and you are not liable for it.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi dutopia, 

I've checked this account and I can see the cease has been processed and this bill was sent in error. I have waived it so it will not come out of your bank account and you are not liable for it.

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thank you, appreciate you sorting it out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi dutopia, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thank you, appreciate you sorting it out.
    No problem at all :-) 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Sigh... I got billed by Eircom.

I thought this was done and dusted but apparently not.

Tracey, can you please check my account and make sure that money is refunded and I don't get billed again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Sigh... I got billed by Eircom.

I thought this was done and dusted but apparently not.

Tracey, can you please check my account and make sure that money is refunded and I don't get billed again.
    Sorry to hear this dutopia

Please PM me the eir account number and I'll look in to this further

Thanks
    Al

Hi,

Any update?

Hi,

Any update?
    Yes dutopia,

I tried calling the number registered to your eir account,

I see Tracey has cleared the outstanding balance but before she did the bill was wrongly sent out - apologies for this. I can assure you that there is no further balance left with eir.

Thanks
    Al

Hi,

Any update?
    Yes dutopia,

I see Tracey has cleared the outstanding balance but before she did the bill was wrongly sent out - apologies for this. I can assure you that there is no further balance left with eir.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks, I missed the call as I was in a meeting. You can call again if it suits.

Has that bill been refunded to my account?

Regards,
    Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Hi,

Any update?
    Yes dutopia,

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks, I missed the call as I was in a meeting. You can call again if it suits.

Regards,
    Paul.
    Go to the bank and sign an indemnity form. It will be put straight back into your account.
    Other wise it could take up to 15 working days to get it back and that is if it was done without any issue!

Any update?

Hi,

Any update?
    Yes dutopia,

Thanks
    Al

Regards,
    Paul.
    Hi dutopia

The amount has been refunded to your account so there's no need to discus this further although if the the event you want to talk about this I will be happy to call :)

Thanks
    Al

Hi,

Any update?
    Yes dutopia,

Thanks
    Al

Regards,
    Paul.
    Hi dutopia

The amount has been refunded to your account so there's no need to discus this further although if the the event you want to talk about this I will be happy to call :)

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement